Hair Extensions Anyone?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

MsTangelE Posts : 18 Registered: 3/7/09
Hair Extensions Anyone?
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 11:26 AM

I really want to try them out for my wedding day!! I have very thin stringy hair! My MOH said she went to the african american hair store and just bought a pack of hair used normally for braids and such and some hair glue and her cousin who has no hair experience googled directions and glued it in for her and they lasted for 2 months! She says they were awesome she washed and styled her hair as normal, she only had it in the back or her hair for volume as she already had long hair. Since my MOH lives states away from me I didnt get to see it and she didnt take pictures it was done about a year ago. I wouldnt want to trust my hair to googled instructions and I dont want to pay hundreds of dollars for hair that Ill only get done once. What do I need to know? Ive only found one salon locally does extensions and they charge just for the coucelation! I already have long hair its down my back, I just want thickness and something that a stylist will actually be able to work with on my wedding day lol :) Suggestions?
Still trying to pick our location in Las Vegas

manderz421 Posts : 17 Registered: 2/7/09
Re: Hair Extensions Anyone?
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: MsTangelE

I've had the clip-in synthetic hair extensions and they are not good. My head is small and the clips came too far front, and it was very hard to hide the clips when I put my hair up. Synthetic clip-ins are definitely way cheaper (I paid 120 through my hair dresser) .. but you cannot curl, straighten or blow-dry them. I've told anyone who has asked me about them I wish I had gotten the glue in ones that I could actually curl and stuff. Since you only want them for your wedding day, I'm not sure how much money you would want to spend on extensions. Depending on how you want to wear your hair on your wedding day, you might run into the problem hiding the clips. I would suggest talking to your hair dresser about it, he/she can offer you many options, colors, synthetic or real hair, etc. And you never know, you may want to keep wearing them after the wedding! Hope that helps!

MsTangelE Posts : 18 Registered: 3/7/09
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: manderz421

Ohhh thank you for the info on the clip ins!! Ill steer clear of those! Ive also read theres sew in ones too!! that sounds painful, my MOH did say with the glue ins with the added weight she had the worse headache for 2days following putting them in!! Ill more than likely have them done a week or so prior to my wedding but I just dont know how Im having them put in. I live in a pretty small city and hair extensions are not something I think people around here care about so Ive only found one very pricey salon that does them :( I may have to travel to a bigger city JUST to get them done! My hair is pretty fine on top of it all. I do want to be able to curl it and stuff I just have no idea how it all works :)
Still trying to pick our location in Las Vegas

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: MsTangelE

A-line Gold Strapless Sweetheart Layered Sequin Short Prom Dress
Save up to 48% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $88.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-strapless-sweetheart-layered-sequin-short-prom-dress-p-32369.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 1:01 PM Go to message in response to: MsTangelE

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 3121 is just $349.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine