May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)

Online Users: 1,262 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,379

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Re: May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: BecBec

HELLO LADIES!!! Sorry I've been MIA for so long! I have been SO busy with work, it's insane! Got the family invites out and responses are coming back, it's too fun!! :) Now just have to get the non-family out in a few weeks and I'll be set!
Went shopping with my mom this weekend and we found her dress! At Macy's! For $53!!!! Holy crap!! It looks great and she's so excited about it! So that's a huge relief. She did make me stress more about the wedding though, reminding me I have only 10 weeks and still so much to do! Ugh! I KNOW THIS!!! But we had a good time anyway. It's just detail stuff anyway....
My dad finally chose the song we're going to dance to!! I told him to pick it. He chose "You Can Let Go" by Crystal Shawanda. I cried and cried!! I hope we can make it through our father/daughter dance! I'm such a daddy's girl and while it will be one of the happiest days of my life, I will also be very sad too! Oh the emotions! :)
So just need to get some centerpieces in order-not a clue, BM gifts-not a clue, parents gifts-not a clue, and other fun items! haha Can't wait for the big day to be here!!

Bec- I'm SO sorry that happened to you! How horrible! Did they say why? I hope the stress eases up on you! Just think though, in a little over 2 months, you'll be getting married, and all these trials and stresses won't matter anymore, you'll just be so happy to have your wedding day finally there and you're married!!! Hopefully things get better for you soon!

"Come What May... "

MoreThanExpected Posts : 158 Registered: 2/13/07
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Bec - I'm so sorry to hear they did that to you, did they at least have a good reason? Unless your heart is set on even sides it may be a better idea to just leave it with those you already have instead of replacing them. I imagine rushing to order new dresses/shoes/whatever else would just me more stressful for you with only 2 months to go. Just my opinion. Either way though I wish you the best of luck!

Good to see you back on the board Mo & Brooke

“Marriage is an expression of love and respect and trust and faith in the future, but the union of husband and wife is also an alliance against the challenges and tradgedies of life a promise that with me in your corner, you will never stand alone.”

-Dean Koontz,from the corner of his eye 

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: MoreThanExpected

Bec- Wow, that's cold. I can't imagine losing anyone from my wedding party this close to the date! I agree with PP that you really don't have to replace them though. It's really just whatever you want. You're the bride, and your day is going to be great no matter what!!

With you and I defying gravity, they'll never bring us down!

brettandjenn Posts : 6 Registered: 8/28/08
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 12:01 AM Go to message in response to: mobride09

Bec, I'm so sorry, that stinks! We had 2 GM drop out and now I have a JBM who I'm worried might back out last minute since she is now complaining about dress fit (let me rephrase her parents are complaining, she's 13 and hasn't been in a wedding before so I can't blame her). She's complaining that the dress is too big, when we ordered it based on her measurements and doesn't think she should have to get it altered, like I should just order her another. I tried to figure out a solution and finally told my mom I don't care if she's in it or not. I'm just going to get the programs printed and see where we go from there. Am I being too rude?
I'm just stressed, on top of all this craziness of being 10 weeks out, I've now got gallstones and have to schedule in a surgery before the wedding. I'm trying to make the most of it and figure I can get my invitations mailed out while I'm recuping. Hope y'all are all healthy and as un-stressed as possible. Can you believe May is almost here?

Jenn

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: brettandjenn

Jenn - That sucks, I hope your surgery goes well. My thoughts are with you. Also I don't think you're being rude, it sounds like the 13 year old is simply acting her age and you've found a solution to it that works for you. You should definitely not have to buy her a new dress.

No I can't believe that May is almost here already we just set up our rehearsal this morning I can't believe how fast time seems to be going by.

“Marriage is an expression of love and respect and trust and faith in the future, but the union of husband and wife is also an alliance against the challenges and tradgedies of life a promise that with me in your corner, you will never stand alone.”

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: MoreThanExpected

Bec - Having them drop out so late in the game just sucks...sorry you have to deal with that! I would also say, if it's possible, just have a small wedding party. Whoever said ordering dresses and shoes at this point would be tough is probably right. Unless you don't have the need for everything to be exactly or nearly the same. Good luck!!

Jenn - Hope the surgery goes well. It is somewhat bad timing, but it's better to have it done before the wedding than to be in pain at the time. Hope all goes as planned.

So I'm trying to figure out what to do next...I've been bugging FH to help me pick a place for the rehearsal dinner for a good 2 weeks now. He's just being a brat and difficult. I might soon pick without him! That'll show him, right?? :) And we're just waiting for the return envelopes to be re-printed so we can pick up the invites. Hopefully in the next couple days.

We had engagement pics taken yesterday!! I know it's kinda late, but I still wanted to get them done. It was a lot of fun. When we first got there we weren't sure what to do because the photographer wasn't really giving any direction. So she asked if maybe we wanted to grab a quick drink to losen us up. We were at an indoor courtyard area in our downtown, so we just walked over to a restaurant and had a quick drink which did help! We took pics for a good 2 hours and it was a lot of fun. The only crappy part is that the pics won't be ready for about 8 weeks, which is right before the wedding. And then the wedding photos will take just as long! But it was nice to work with the person who will be taking our wedding photos. She was awesome! And Domingo (FH) says she's like a ninja because you can't even tell where she is when she's taking them.

I'd like to get some opinions. I know it's silly, but I have to ask. I ordered a pair of shoes, which I believe I talked about a few posts ago. I ordered them as an 8 1/2 wide. They are too big at the heel area but not by a whole lot, they just flop off when I walk. Another pair of shoes I ordered, though a different brand, were in a size 8 1/2 regular. They fit just fine. Would you order the first pair in an 8 wide or just an 8 1/2 regular? Dumb, I know. But I've finally found my wedding shoes and I don't want to keep ordering multiple pairs online because the refunds take upto 6 weeks!

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 10:37 AM Go to message in response to: DAS824

DAS - I think if the regular fit better you should order the 8 1/2 regular. If you get the wide it may slip off your heel again and by the end of the day cause blisters. Not to mention make the next few days uncomfortable to be in sneakers, pools if the blisters open, etc. I'd go with the regular. My personal experiance with shoes, is that the wide is only helpful if you carry enough weight on your foot that it spreads out when you put weight on it or if the strap across your foot cuts off circulation to your toes. So unless it's a very high end brand made for twig thin models (or teenagers) I think the regular is the better option in most cases.

Sunnygirl949 Posts : 4 Registered: 3/13/09
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 10:01 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

May 23, 2009 will be our big day!

It feels so good to know that I'm not the only one undergoing this stress at the mo. Recession sucks but I've been dreaming of this day since I was 5! I've saved some money but not planning to spend it all for a day. I got my gown, booked the church and reception, invitations ready to be sent out but I'm still looking for a good photographer that I can afford. Good luck to all of us!

brettandjenn Posts : 6 Registered: 8/28/08
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: Sunnygirl949

Sunny, sounds like you've got everything under control, good luck with the photographer.

DAS - I think you should probably go with the regular width in the shoe you like, if it fits good in length and is just too wide that's what you need to do. Also, you can call the website's contact us number since sometimes they can give you advice as to fit. I know zappos does. Good luck!

Puglover27 Posts : 103 Registered: 2/12/09
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: brettandjenn

All invites have been sent except for coworkers. Don't worry Sunny we all feel the same way. I avoid watching Platinum Weddings because it makes me feel worse since we are already stretching our budget as it is.

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

haha Pug! I love Platinum Weddings! But I know how you feel, I can't believe how much money goes into those weddings!!! And the houses and cars that these young couples have! I want to know what job they have and how they got it!! haha But I just like to see all the fun ideas (which we could never afford!) and all that. At least it's a positive show, I used to watch Bridezillas, but all the fights and complaining just drove me nuts!!!

Question for you girls!! Need some reception song ideas!!! What are you all doing for your:

Wedding Party and Parent Entrances
Bride and Groom Grand Entrance
Boquet Toss
Garter Removal/Toss
Last Dance

FH and I are TOTALLY stumped on these!!! Any ideas??

"Come What May... "

Puglover27 Posts : 103 Registered: 2/12/09
Posted: Mar 14, 2009 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke- I wish I knew what songs we were doing. All I know is I will be walking down the aisle to Leann Rimes or Sugarland most likely. No bridal march. We haven't picked out our music yet.

BecBec Posts : 25 Registered: 12/26/06
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 6:47 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

We've got most of our songs picked. We just talked to our DJ 2 nights ago and we still have like 3 songs left to choose. Here's what we've got figured out:

Bridal Party entrance - John Deere Green by Joe Diffie

Bride and Groom entrance -Living Our Love Song by Jason Micheal Carrol

First Dance - I Swear by George Strait

Bridal Party Dance - Love Can Build A Bridge by The Judds

Father/Daughter Dance - My Little Girl by Tim Mc Graw

Mother/Son Dance - Your Song by Garth Brooks

Dollar Dance - Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong, The River by Garth Brooks
Dinner Music - Kenny G

We still need 3 or 4 more songs for the dollar dance, a cake cutting song, and a last dance.

Everything is coming along great! We have all of our ceremony music and musicians lined up. The Photographer is one of my best friends who has her own photography business, so she's donating her services as a wedding present! The DJ's are friends of ours so we're getting a huge bargain on that! It's down to the wire...I've got one BM ordering her dress, and 2 others still to get in for that. I just need to get the alterations done for my dress and the invitations mailed out.

I was soooo stressed like a week ago and now most of what I was stressed about is figured out. I can't believe how well everything is coming together! It's getting so close, I'm sure that there will be something else to stress about tomorrow, but I'm not gonna worry about that until then...It feels so good to have everything in place for a minute, I'm going to enjoy it!

Don't forget to enjoy the ride!

May 23, 2009 is getting so close!

Laughing Beck

~ The love you live is equal to the love you give, so give a whole bunch!

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 8:46 AM Go to message in response to: BecBec

Hi Ladies!

I had my shower this weekend! It was really great and everyone had so much fun, my MOH is awesome! I know a couple of you had shower's this weekend also. How did they go?

I can't believe we are under 2 months! And in a couple weeks we'll be able to tell people we are getting married "next month"!!!

Lilypie Baby Tickerpreview image

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 10:45 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

We haven't figured out all our music yet, but so far we have;
Processional/parent entrance - Canon in D (FH wanted something classic)
My entrance - Allison Kraus When You Say Nothing
Anniversary Dance - Shania Twian Still the One (we have like 3 single people coming to the wedding so we though this fit better than the toss)
First Dance - Elvis Presley Can't help Falling

Wow under two months!

How are everyone's nerves?

What are you all doing for your honeymoons?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine