May 2010 Brides!

Online Users: 1,236 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 694

PattiB Posts : 1 Registered: 1/25/09
Re: May 2010 Brides!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: HisSweetpea

Hello, I'm a May 22, 2010 wedding. I know the frustrations that can lead to getting married in a church so my fiance and I are looking into a chapel. It is a little smaller but seems fitting for us. As for the planning we have the reception location, and our colors. I like to stamp and scrapbook so we are making our own invitations which will hopefully save us money. He is really helpful with the planning. I mean I make all the appointments and he comes along but he actually pays attention to details that I may not. He also likes to lend his opinion on decorations, invitations, etc but he always tries to make them more complicated. Its great to read how others are doing with there planning

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 11:33 PM Go to message in response to: PattiB

I was an October 10, 2010 bride but then we decided to up the date to May 22, 2010. Hopefully this'll be the last time we change it!
I'm already feeling the stress of trying to decide where to have the ceremony and the reception.

We're looking to have the wedding in a botanical garden and just hop onto a trolley and go to my FH's uncle's bar. (rented out of course.) I'm not enthused about the bar but FH is excited so that's what we're doing!

We had other ideas with a mardi gras theme but now that everything has changed i'm not sure on coloring!

aaaahhhh!

Lynny0780 Posts : 5 Registered: 2/12/09
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 2:10 AM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

hello! glad i finally found an active forum with some may 2010 brides. mine will be on may 15th in houston tx..
so far all i have done is look at things online and some bridal magazines and thats about it. i guess i should start looking at venues soon. i will only have about 40-50 guests so i want to have a place that isnt so big that my party doesnt look empty.
my FI doesnt really seem into it right now, but i hope that changes! he's not really a fan of weddings and stuff.

MrsWoolfy Posts : 3 Registered: 2/10/09
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

Hi Everyone,
We got engaged before Christmas and are just starting to look at places this past weekend! Very exciting but nerve racking because the most of the Saturdays in May are already booked at the two places we have looked at. We haven't actually set a date yet so we may do a Friday evening and hope that everyone will still be able to make it.

IBRAHIMSWIFE2B Posts : 3 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

I TOO AM GETTING MARRIED IN MAY 2010. CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK

TamikaDanielle Posts : 2 Registered: 3/4/09
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

May 29, 2010 is the big day for me. We haven't done much but discussed venues and colors. Right now I know I want tiffany blue and something.... Any suggestions!!!
[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/ns2ax50eka.png[/img]
[/url]

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: TamikaDanielle

Hi Everyone! My wedding is May 30, 2010. We've already got a lot planned. The theme is fairy tale, the colors are blue, purple, and silver. We're having about 60 guests. Outside garden ceremony with an indoor ballroom reception. We have both of those places booked along with a coordinator and caterer. We're booking our photographer next week! Very excited about that. We have the WP picked out too. Right now I'm searching for dresses. Its going really well :)

Tamika: There's always the classic tiffany blue & brown. Other suggestions off the top of my head are pink, some shade of green, white, black, silver, and purple.

Oh & I'm in the process of making our save-the-dates...just need to get more black ink!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

Edited by: KJsGirl on Mar 4, 2009 2:47 PM

booswim542 Posts : 8 Registered: 9/30/08
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 9:10 AM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

I'm also May 30, 2010! YAY! I have a date-twin! =)

I have a venue, photographer, and color theme (red, ivory, and black) picked out. I couldn't wait to buy my dress, so I just did it.

I also have made some sample invites and save-the-dates at this point. I think I am ahead of schedule...

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 11:53 PM Go to message in response to: booswim542

Boo: Yay!! That's exciting! You're the only person I've "met" who has the same date. FH really wanted a Sunday wedding and my whole family is from out of town. So the Sunday of memorial weekend seemed perfect for us.

My goal is to have my dress by the end of the month!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

booswim542 Posts : 8 Registered: 9/30/08
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 7:57 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Yeah, that Sunday works pretty well for us too. I am about to start my 3rd year of med school, so I don't really get any breaks. A 3 day weekend is the best we've got! I am hoping that I don't cause myself too much stress over it all, which is why I am trying to plan way in advance. My family will also be coming from out of town, so it's awesome that they can all travel on Saturday/Monday.

We've always wanted to get married outside, and in North Carolina, July 4th weekend would be too hot...and that's pretty much the only other nice-weather weekend I have!

You'll have to let me know when you get your dress :)
I am marrying my best friend in the world on May 30, 2010! <3

bella24 Posts : 24 Registered: 9/28/08
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: PattiB

I'm getting marry on may 8 2010. I'm having a church ceremony my fiance and i are catholic. and it can be a little bit stressful because the church has a lot of requirements. but so far I'm enjoying every minute of it. planning a wedding its very exciting, sticking to the budget not so much, who doesn't want the perfect fairy tale wedding that we all deserve right?

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 10:18 PM Go to message in response to: bella24

Boo: yes its a very nice time to get married! We're also having an outdoor ceremony and its a great time of year, not too hot & not too cold. Will certainly post pics when I find my dress! I've tried on 2 that are really sticking in my head but I'd didnt have "that feeling" that brides say they get when they find their dress...so I'm still waiting!

Bella: I was raised strict Catholic by my grandfather. It seems like everything the Catholics do is long and complex! Mass, communion, weddings, funerals, etc.. My grandpa's no longer alive but I told his side of the family we would not be having a Catholic ceremony. FHs family is Baptist so it would really throw them off to have a full out Catholic mass & ceremony. Good luck with it all!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

MrsSmith62610 Posts : 17 Registered: 12/8/08
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Hello All,

Last time I checked in all I had was my colors, but now the ball is rolling fast!!! I finally broke down and got a planner because I was about to give myself a stroke!!! Planning became too much for me with trying to complete my masters doing home work, student teaching, and working. We decided to do a destination wedding weekendin either Antigua, Anguilla, or St. Lucia depending on pricing. The colors are yellow with accents of platinum since those are our favorite colors combined. I have found the most beautiful wedding gown from the Maggie Sottero destinations collection that is very tropical and flowy for the whole barefoot and breezy in the sand look. We are going for a very intimate wedding with just close family and friends to keep the price under control. I know that sounds strange to have a destination wedding to keep costs down, but when you have a bride that has 150 people in my family alone (not including any friends) and groom with 120 you save more doing it this way. The whole weekend including airfare for immediate family will be less than $10,000, because I have a great planner!!!! I am SO excited, I can not even begin to express my feelings!!!

I will keep you ladies posted on the progess and good luck to you all!!!

Large View of the RD1044 Bridal Gown

FutureMrsSmith10

luvsmusicndance Posts : 1 Registered: 12/19/07
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

I'm also a May 2010 bride. Our date is the 22nd!

CezzannesDaughter Posts : 6 Registered: 1/5/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: luvsmusicndance

We Just set our date for May 30, 2010. We will be getting married in Cleveland, Ohio.

Free Engaged Myspace Graphics

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine