Someday I will...

Online Users: 1,276 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 15

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Someday I will...
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 7:29 AM

Someday I will build a house out of Legos or maybe Lincoln logs. It will have room for all of my collections. It will be like a musuem only better. It will be better than any other musuem in the world because it will be all about me. I will only charge 3 bubble gums for admission. Unless you are a critic then you have to pay $90,000 and you won't get any change.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Someday I will...
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 7:45 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Someday I will sail the ocean blue with my hubby and a few....dogs and cats that is. We will be so happy on our own. We will get a new phone number and only a small handfull of those causing no stress will be able to call. At least for a year or two.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 7:49 AM Go to message in response to: lori83

Someday I will make it a priority to travel. I love traveling and I can't wait to get to that part of my life!

Someday I will be debt free! (except maybe a house)

Someday I will live closer to my family.

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 9:43 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Some day I will look forward to having a child instead of it scaring the bejeezus out of me.

Some day I will be able to stand up for myself better and really tell people what I think.

Some day I will go back to Paris, sit at a cafe and eat a croissant (burret optional)

Someday I will understand how to use my Blackberry to its full potential instead of using it like an ol' cell phone.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

When you figure it out will you teach me, I have no idea how to use all the functions on my blackjack and I have had it almost a year.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Ladies,

"Some day I will go back to Paris, sit at a cafe and eat a croissant (burret optional)"

You will do these things.

I dreamed of Paris, too, when I was in my 20s. Finally, at 36, I went to Paris for the first time. I did sit in a cafe and did eat a croissant. I went to the top (troisième étage) of the Eiffel Tower.

I've been back to Paris perhaps a dozen or more times since. I've lost count. My avatar is a photo of the "cloud" on the Grande Arche de la Defense in a Parisian suburb.

How can you make this possible? Think in terms of international business. Think of what you like doing, and how can you do that kind of work on an international scale. Travel on OPM. (Other People's Money)

Let's say you are a nurse. Get interested in how nursing is practiced in other parts of the world. See if you can volunteer in some organization that promotes health in other countries. Learn all you can about the subject. Eventually, some door will open to send you to some foreign country to observe nursing practices or to volunteer at a clinic. Snap up that opportunity and do a great job. You can do this with almost any line of work. If someone needs your profession in the US, they'll need your profession somewhere else.

Another way to make foreign travel possible is to get serious about learning a foreign language. Don't just take "conversational French", but dig in and really study the language of your choice. Thus, when foreign people come to visit your company, you might be the one low-level person who is asked to participate in meetings, dinners, etc., because you speak their language. It's not a huge jump to be, then, asked to take your company's business to their country.

Get yourself a passport. Now. Have it ready in case some opportunity comes your way. Passports issued as an adult (over 16) are good for 10 years, and can be renewed by mail.

Next: Get to love frequent flyer mile programs. Do everything you can to maximize your frequent flyer miles. That means concentrating your air travel on one airline (or airline partner system). Get a credit card that gives you frequent flyer miles for every dollar you purchase on that card. Do this ONLY ONLY ONLY if you are absolutely, positively able to pay the card off in full each and every month without fail. If you ever pay a single penny in interest, you negate the benefit of the frequent flyer miles.

I do not recommend the Capitol One type cards that give you miles on "any" airline. Instead, get a credit card that concentrates miles on your one chosen airline. I have, for example, the Citibank Aadvantage card that gives me miles on American Airlines.

When looking at airlines, pick the one that has the better connections to the places you normally fly. For a young person, that might mean connections to Mom and Dad's house. (That was my situation, back in 1988!)

Finally, one last tip. I have been in the American Airlines frequent flyer program since 1988. I recently hit the Million Mile mark, and that means I get to be Aadvantage Gold for life! That is a huge benefit. (No checked luggage fees for two bags, for example.) Just after getting the notification, I did a bit of research and found out that American Airlines is the only airline that counts miles from any source (credit card, etc) towards the Million Miles. Other airlines count only "flown" miles. Thus, with AA and an affiliated credit card, it's much easier to reach that Million Mile point than it is with others. You might keep this in mind should you be wavering between American Airlines and another one. I am a very dedicated AA passenger and have been very happy with their customer service.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 2:13 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Someday I will stop seeing the fluffy person in the mirror of over 2 years ago. I will stop judging my body. I will re-organize every closet and keep them clean. I will go sky diving. I will go down a big waterslide at a water park. I am petrified of those things. I will go to Italy with my honey.

ever thine          ever mine          ever ours

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Someday you will go to Gatorland :)

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Some day I will be able to stand up for myself better and really tell people what I think.

Yeah, me too.

Someday I will backpack Torres del Paine National Park in Chile and learn to tango in Argentina with my hubby.

Someday I will have a dog--a fun one like a Lab or Golden Retriever.

Someday I will be good enough at tennis to play an actual game rather just having hubby coach me through the crappy beginner stage.

Someday--very soon, I hope--I will be prego (and not scared of raising the kid--ha!!!).

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 3:05 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Someday I will sit in Nepal and drink green tea

Someday I will be published....

for today and into tomorrow I will take what I have discovered about myself....AND FIGURE OUT WHY IN THE HELL I HAVEN'T DONE THESE THINGS!!

Life's not all beer and skittles, mate!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Someday I will go on an African safari in Africa and see cheetahs up close!!

Someday I will go to Italy, Ireland, Spain, and Jamaica

Someday I will swim with dolphins.

I like to travel can't you tell? ;)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Kickadeepi Posts : 18 Registered: 4/20/08
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Someday I will finally be free,
Someday I will move foreword with my life and forget about being stuck in this tough spot,
Someday I will graduate collage and make something of myself,
Someday I will breed top dogs and race the Ididarod,
Someday I will sing and finally be heard by many people and inspire them too,
Someday I will own my own zoo and help take care of the only world we have one small step at a time,
Someday I will marry that man who has shown me that not all men are the same,
Someday I will travel the world with him at me side,
Someday I will help those dogs who deserve their second chance at life,
Someday I will finally have the house of my dreams,
Someday my paintings will become exactially how I feel inside,
Someday I will take the photo that describes what's truely in my heart,
Someday I will not worry about it all,
Someday I will finally be able to make what people tell me are dreams reality,
and someday, someday I will finally be able to look back at it all and be proud of myself, and when I look over there he will be, my friend, my husband, my love at my side through it all. <3

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 12:17 AM Go to message in response to: Kickadeepi

Ooohhh, the Iditarod...I can't see myself ever racing it, but I'd love to SEE part of it. And at least try a sled dog trip for a couple of days. That's a good one.

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Great thread...

I'm going to skip the someday...because I will do these things.

1. Get my MA in Public Admin.
2. Go to France, Spain, Italy, Germany...the whole bit.
3. See my DH graduate with his doctorate.
4. Get another Mastiff...or two. I really want a Brindle Mastiff. They're beautiful.
5. Buy a beautiful 2 story house ( with the white picket fence) with my DH and have a family.

I could go on and on but I'll stop here.

Just Married...9.20.08

Formerly BenjaminsBride 

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Someday I will sail to a secluded tropical island, name it "Sarahland", and live there with all my dogs, 2 toucans, and my soon to be wonderful husband and drink mai-tai's and pina coladas all day long :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine