Help! I Need Help PUPPY Training!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Re: Help! I Need Help PUPPY Training!
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 9:01 AM Go to message in response to: MrsM2009

Future-Thank you for endorsing the water bottle method. I am definitely going to try it!

Mandy-Thank You! He really is a lot of fun! We are going to get another puppy for my stepson when Domino is well-trained. He wants to get a BIG dog! But, one at a time!!

Yes. I have been taking him out quite often! I only bought one package, but you're right-it's telling him it's OK to relieve himself in the house. So I will probably use the rest of them and not get any more...

A kong? I've never heard of that. I wonder if that's what they gave me in the puppy kit. It's a pink round thing for developing teeth. He uses it sometimes, but it's not his favorite toy. He likes the squeaking toys! So there are stuffed squeaky "babies" everywhere! Thank you for the tips!

June-Thank you. Your post does help! He he about the growling-he cocks his head. But I can't growl and scare him like my husband can!

KJs-Wow I didn't know that Petco HAD puppy obedience classes! I am going to check that out! Oh and thank you for the tip about the vinegar and the Apple Bitter. I really appreciate your useful advice!

(This is precisely why I wanted to post and ask you who have had experience. The vet didn't tell me all of what you suggested!)

Thank you!

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

RanAway: I don't know if PetCo has them. We went to PetSmart. Just wanted to clarify that :)

Oh! And this is what a kong looks like.

They come in all different sizes and colors. The "baby" ones are pastel blue & pastel pink. You can also buy ones that aren't kong brand. They're less expensive. You can fill the kongs with peanut butter or treats. They make a kong filling that comes in a squirt can but its cheaper to do peanut butter. Now that I think of it, PetSmart has a whole line of puppy teething toys.

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

Edited by: KJsGirl on Mar 6, 2009 5:06 PM

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

yes, Petco should have Kongs. Target has them too, and Walmart should too.

:)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine