invitations

Online Users: 1,277 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

TheNewMrsTLC Posts : 84 Registered: 6/9/07
invitations
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 9:19 PM

How do you address invitations to an engaged couple who's getting married a month before you? My cousin is getting married in May..I'm June. But my invitations are going out in April. Do I still do Mr. So-and-So and Ms. So-and-So, or would I do their married name (Mr. & Mrs. So-and-So). This whole thing confuses me haha

Emily & Tom

SoonToBeMrsDodge Posts : 70 Registered: 2/7/09
Re: invitations
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

You don't need to include Mr. and Mrs. or Ms. in the titles. Really it's easier that way. But since they are going to be married by that time I'm sure she would like being annouced with her new last name. It's really up to you. Maybe you could just ask her what she wants on there...couldn't hurt to ask :)
wedding websites

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 9:29 PM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeMrsDodge

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Emily & Tom

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 9:58 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

I would address the invitation to their "current" names. Afterall, they aren't married yet - I think I would be confused to get an invitation with my married name before I was married. Plus, are you sure she is taking his last name?

I would address the thank you note to the married name as well as the placecards.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 10:29 PM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

Thanks!

Emily & Tom

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

Dear Mrs TLC,

At the time you put pen to paper to address the invitations (April), the lady will still be unmarried and still using her maiden name. Thus, you use that name.

Here's an alternative.

Talk to her, personally, and make sure she knows she and her FH are invited. Do that now. Then, shortly following her wedding, put a "Mr and Mrs" invitation in the mail. When you talk to her, make sure she understands that she will get an invitation, but after her wedding in her married name.

It might not be that big a deal for her; I got married and did not change my name. It's still mildly annoying to receive "Dr and Mrs" mail from those who haven't got the memo.

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 8:43 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thanks so much. I think I'll just send one with his name and her name. I believe we need a finally count a month before our wedding. She's pretty laid back so I'm pretty sure she won't mind. I appreciate all the feedback!!

Emily & Tom

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

Dear Emily,

"Thanks so much. I think I'll just send one with his name and her name."

That will work.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift