Sturgis Motocycle Rally Weddings 08

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

ido2 Posts : 4 Registered: 1/9/08
Sturgis Motocycle Rally Weddings 08
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 11:35 PM

We're getting married during the Rally this August in the Black Hills,but haven't determined our exact site.Does anyone have ideas suggestions or warnings?

Re: Sturgis Motocycle Rally Weddings 08
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: ido2

Hi!

George and I just decided yesterday to do the same - marry on our Sturgis trip. We live in North Carolina - pretty far - and I noticed on your profile you live a little closer, so I thought YOU might be able to give ME some help??  George has been to Sturgis once about 8 years ago ... me never. We love the outdoors, so of course I've looked at some of the links on the Sturgis site. We're coming alone, no wedding party, don't really want to spend a lot of time or money, so the $310.00 photo shoot really doesn't hold much interest. Also, I'm not a computer geek, so even getting to this point was difficult - hopefully you'll receive this and I can actually figure out if you reply or not.

Thanks, and hope we can 'chat' a bit.

Julie

MrsHuber Posts : 5 Registered: 2/8/09
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 12:23 AM Go to message in response to: ido2

There is a site called blackhillsweddingceremony.com and deadwoodwedding.com that can help you with everything. I am actually from the area and weddings during the rally are very common. You can get married almost ANYWHERE just to let you know tho it usually does cost more. You can always contact any mayor of the surrounding areas to marry you. The mayor of Deadwood is Fransis Tascana and the Mayor of Lead is Tom Nelson and those are done for next to nothing. You can ever get you license right there before you get married. The site listed have people to help you with every thing if you want something more than just a civil wedding. Plus they are not that expensive.

Love is patient, love is kind.It does not envy.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
It is not self-seeking, nor easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongdoing. It does not delight in evil, But rejoices in the truth.  It always protects, trusts, hopes, and preserves.
There is nothing love cannot face;  There is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things that last forever: Faith, hope, and love;
But the greatest of them all is love.Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

~1 Corinthians 13:4-8

a wedding website

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 8:31 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHuber

mrs. huber - just so you know I just tried those websites out of curiosity and neither of the sites work. I googled "black hills wedding ceremony" and found different sites, but none that match that exactly.

I'm still not sure I understand... you want to get married during what rally? lol

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

KPM Posts : 577 Registered: 1/20/08
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Nala... I think you'd have to be a biker to understand. LOL

I think it would be kewl. We actually talked about doing something simular. FH asked me at a state gathering of Patriot Guard Riders to marry him.
Instead we are having a fun, casual wedding with our friends and family. Though, I will tell you the wedding/reception site is going to be surrounded by bikes! hehe

FH and I are actually leaving our wedding on his bike. I had thought about leaving on mine, but I would have to take my dress off to do that and I don't wanna. Instead, going to put my "princess" riding boots on and grab my dress between my legs and climb on the back of FH's bike. hehehe

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cheesecake in one hand, rum in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: KPM

hehehe OHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh I motorcycle rally! Sounds fun! :)

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

db2b08 Posts : 12 Registered: 3/14/07
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

I am from South Dakota so if you need any more help, let me know. I live in eastern SD, but travel to the Hills (the Black Hills) at least once a month and a couple weeks during the summer.

I can try and be of some help if you need any advice or info!

byebye Posts : 37 Registered: 7/30/08
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 7:27 PM Go to message in response to: db2b08

I'm from South Dakota too....and if you have never been to sturgis during the rally, I would look into it before deciding to get married there. It's not, um, so romantic, how can I say, it is nowhere I would want to get married within 300 miles while it was going on....The Black Hills are nice...but NOT during the rally.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine