who pays for what / some ideas?

Online Users: 1,281 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Lynny0780 Posts : 5 Registered: 2/12/09
who pays for what / some ideas?
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 11:26 PM

ok so im planning on having a destination wedding in las vegas, and i just had some questions on what people will assume is being paid for.
i know they pay for their own plane tickets and hotel room right, and spending money?
i was planning on just having a ceremony and instead of a reception, i figured just going out to eat at a restaraunt. i would still be expected to pay for the dinner right?
i figured this would be better than a reception bc, well its vegas and theres so many things that we could all be doing.
also do you guys have any ideas on what we could i would like to hear them : )

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: who pays for what / some ideas?
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 7:16 AM Go to message in response to: Lynny0780

If I were in your shoes, I'd pay for the wedding dinner. I'd expect guests to pay for their own airfare, hotel rooms, non-wedding entertainment, and other meals.

Assuming that you'll have a small group of guests, though, you could treat your guests to a lot with a very small budget. I'd look into the cost of things like a group brunch, tickets to a show, or some other group event to treat them to. This is, of course, not downright necessary, but if a bunch of people flew to Vegas simply to watch me get married, I'd probably want to pay for more than dinner for them.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

forlife77 Posts : 12 Registered: 2/23/09
Re: who pays for what / some ideas?
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 8:49 AM Go to message in response to: Lynny0780

We are doing something very similar. We are having a Key west destination wedding, and our 20-30 guests will be providing their own transportation there, their own hotel rooms (although I do plan on negotiating a group rate discount) and spending money, ect.

We are getting married on the beach, then I am making reservations for dinner afterwards at an oceanfront place near the wedding site. We have decided to pay for dinner and 2 drinks per person. I think it would be tacky not to pay for it, people normally expect to be fed at weddings, esp if they travel to it. My friends can drink.... so thats why we put the 2 drink limit or we'd be flat broke! lol. I will also have cake, and I am making beach bags for everyone with sunscreen, towels, something personalized from us, wedding info, ect.

My mother in law (to be!) has generously offered to pay for the rehearsal dinner the night we all arrive, and the hotel I choose will provide breakfast, we know the "reception" dinner will probably be the most expensive thing we do, but I couldn't see it any other way, its my way of thanking the people who could come to our special day. After that, guests are on their own.

You have literally endless possibilities in Vegas! There are so many affordable and amazing places to eat, and tons of things to do. Planning is 1/2 the fun of a destination wedding, if you do your research you will find so much for you and your wedding party to do.

Congrats and good luck!

Tasha ~ November 2009 Bride to be ~

Marrying the Man of my Dreams!

10 Years as Friends; 7 years in Madly in Love, Engaged for 2 - Its about time and we are so ready!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine