Brides I need your help!!!!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

ADazzlingEvent Posts : 69 Registered: 4/24/08
Brides I need your help!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 11:34 AM

I am looking at this particular photographer and would like to get some opinions. Please look at her site and let me know what you all think. Thanks

www.onadaphotography.net

5 months and counting!!

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Re: Brides I need your help!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: ADazzlingEvent

Hello,

I'm not a bride, but I think I just might be qualified to answer your question I spent about fifteen minutes going through the galleries on the website as you requested. I want to be real careful to seperate my personal tastes and style preferences from the technical.

To start, the composition of the images is strong. The photographer has a good eye for capturing the day. The images shown are properly focused and for the most part properly exposed. In the cases where the exposure is slightly off the photographer has made the decision to capture the moment rather than get the perfect exposure. I do have a slight concern about some of the images being improperly color corrected. If you take a look at the last wedding, on a properly calibrated monitor, you'll notice a cyan cast to the white dress. However, this is something that can be fixed in post production.

Speaking of post production, the photographer has desaturated (toned down the color) in many of the images. In other words, the reds are not as red as you'd expect. But this is a style difference that I personally avoid. However, there are people out there who do love this effect. Over all, I see no glaring or obvious reasons to disqualify this photographer. In the end, if you like this photographer's work, you've seen a complete wedding or two, you personally like the photographer and you can afford them, then book them. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

soon2bmrshardee....I like them as well. they seem to have a variety of good shots and different shots too. how much do they cost? have you met with them yet? meeting with them is a great way to see if they are a good fit personality wise, and also gives you an opportunity to see their albums and their pictures in the flesh.

I am actually having a hard time deciding between two photographers myself...so if your so inclined to provide your feedback to mine, that would be great too!

here are mine:
http://www.meredithmascola.com/

http://www.cdraghiphoto.com/Pages/Default.aspx

ADazzlingEvent Posts : 69 Registered: 4/24/08
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Hey thanks for commenting. Me, personally, I like the second choice because I love pics like these:

5 months and counting!!

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: ADazzlingEvent

yeah, i LOVE that first pic of the lantern!! But, the other photographer does do shots similar to those as well. Most are just not on her website. But, when we met with her she had a large portfolio and several wedding albums and there were lots of things like that in there. So, the both have a good mix!

Have you decided on a reception venue yet?

Do you think you will go with that photographer you posted?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine