I'm new and engaged, too!!!

Online Users: 1,264 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

BeachBride76 Posts : 7 Registered: 1/5/09
I'm new and engaged, too!!!
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 6:52 PM

Hey Everyone!
I just got engaged on Christmas morning, and I am so excited! My FH and I have been together for just over three years, and he completely suprised me with a ring in my stocking! We had talked about it a little before, but I guess I just didn't think it would ever happen, especially since we never went ring shopping, and he never wanted to talk about it. Now I know he just wanted it to be a huge suprise!
So we really want to have a destination wedding on a beach, and I am totally open to anything! I would really like to do an all inclusive so we don't have to worry about money when we are there. It just seems like there are way too many options, and I am already getting overwhelmed!
We will definitlely have kids there, so I know that Sandals is out...
Has anyone gotten married at Beaches? I'm worried about crowds, and cruise ships in the background!
How high is the cheese factor?????

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: I'm new and engaged, too!!!
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 8:04 AM Go to message in response to: BeachBride76

Congratulations!! I got engaged on Christmas morning too :) I think a beach wedding is a wonderful idea, and I would have one too expect I am getting married in October lol.

BeachBride76 Posts : 7 Registered: 1/5/09
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 10:13 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Oh, I love it!!!
Congrats!
Where are you in the planning process?
I am trying to keep it as low drama as possible, but I feel like it's already getting out of control!

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: BeachBride76

Congrats! Let me know how I can help. I have helped thousands of brides on brides.com and have been to just about all destinations. We have so many resorts that will be within a budget or even lower. Dreams Puerto Aventuras is an awsome destination, Riu Ocho Rios. .I just got back yesterday doing 4 weddings.. so so many choices. Dates do book up quickly.. let me know how I can help.

Thanks
Tammy Levent

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

facen Posts : 120 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: BeachBride76

congratulations, hope everything goes well.

on3britestar Posts : 3 Registered: 1/4/09
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: BeachBride76

Congrats! I just got engaged too! Over the New Year's holiday to be exact. My FH and I have been together for 6 years now. My engagement wasn't really a surprise, because we went ring shopping together, so I knew he had it, I just didn't know when he would actually pop the question. We're not planning to have our wedding for another 2 years because we want it on the same date we got together... or at least close enough.

wedding web site

July2008LMG Posts : 7 Registered: 1/29/08
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: on3britestar

Congrats, just remember to relax and enjoy everything!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine