Puerto Rico?

Online Users: 1,292 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 9

ddbride Posts : 2 Registered: 8/7/08
Puerto Rico?
Posted: Aug 9, 2008 8:40 PM

Hi! My fiance' and I are thinking about having our ceremony in Puerto Rico.  Does anyone have any suggestions on resorts?  We are also open to other places in the caribbean.  I sent a message to a couple of the dw planners who post here but havent gotten a response.

help please

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Re: Puerto Rico?
Posted: Aug 9, 2008 8:50 PM Go to message in response to: ddbride

I went to Puerto Rico and the resort we went to had a gorgeous private beach that you could get married at.  Can't remember the name of it though, I'll ask my husband and get back to you on Monday.

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

MissMac Posts : 142 Registered: 5/13/08
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 6:38 PM Go to message in response to: ddbride

I have stayed at El Conquistador Resort & Golden Door Spa in PR and it was great for a wedding.  They are located in Fajardo PR which is about 30 min from San Juan.  They have a beautiful site that has many different types of accommodations from condos to town house type units, to regular hotel rooms etc.  They also have a private beach and even a private island.  The fact that they are not in San Juan (the closest major city) adds the personalized effect since it eliminates a lot of the party type tourist.  But since its only a short car ride away you can still go to San Juan to party and Shop if you like.  And its very easy to get to, we just got map quest directions and a map and a rental car and we found it (3 early twenties drunk girls..lol, well I guess we wern't drunk the first time but we were able to find our way back). The food was good and we had a great time.  It is big and spread out so I am sure they will be able to have an arean that is just for you to enjoy your wedding.  Plus they have a glof course and like 3 pools (that are not all joined or right next to eash other like some resorts try to fool you) I am sure it wil fit in to the budgets of most of your guest since they have a ton of garden veiw rooms; and the good thing is that your guest that really like to splurge while out of town will also be able to get great accomodations there.

ok I done...I should get commision for that! LOL

True Love is gift from God

MissMac Posts : 142 Registered: 5/13/08
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: MissMac

Okay sorry but I just looked at their site for some nostalgic moments and I noticed that they actually have 7 pools ( i said 3 before) but it looks like they have done some upgrades, including their prices.  It may be too much for some guest.  But still check with a travel agent or discount site because I booked from cheapcarribbean.com and had air included and got a really good deal...happy planning 
True Love is gift from God

IslaBonitaBride Posts : 82 Registered: 2/4/09
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 9:41 AM Go to message in response to: ddbride

Hello! Hopefully my reply is still helpful, since posted a while ago. But besides El Conquistador in Fajardo, another popular wedding site in PR is Vieques. Is a little municipal island off the coast of PR and it has some of the most spectauclar beachesin the Caribbean Sea. You get there by Ferry and you spend the night. I'm a native but my groom is from Chicago, so half of my guests are flying in from the states. I wanted to avoid the turists in San Juan but still have that Old Spanish City feel to my wedding for which I chose the city of Ponce. Same charm as San Juan (old spanish buildings around town square and an 100 year old Cathedral), but less crowded and possibly less expensive. Good luck with your wedding!

Edited by: IslaBonitaBride on Feb 11, 2009 10:02 PM

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 8:24 PM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

I just want to add that an awesome restaurant that you have to eat at in Old San Juan is called Barrachina. Its the birthplace of the Pina Colada and the food there is pure authentic Puerto Rican, very very good! :)

ChristyBSki Posts : 2 Registered: 2/11/09
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: ddbride

If you're thinking about Puerto Rico then I have a place for you!! My husband and I were just married in Vieques Puerto Rico, a beautiful little island off the east coast of the main island. It has some of the most beautiful and untouched beaches in the world, and our wedding planner was FABULOUS!!! Sandy, from Weddings in Vieques (weddingsinvieques.com) couldnt have done a better job. I have never met someone so organized and fun to work with. Every detail of our wedding was taken care of without even stepping foot on the island until a few days before. From the flowers, welcome baskets, welcome party, beach party, cake, hotel reservations, rental car reservations, beach wedding, the reception at the villa I couldnt have asked for a more gorgeous and stress free day. She worked with the small budget we had, and I couldnt believe how much more we were able to get for our money compared to in the states or on the main island. And the vendors were amazing!

July2008LMG Posts : 7 Registered: 1/29/08
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 8:15 PM Go to message in response to: ChristyBSki

Great choice! Do you want to get married on the beach or in one of the beautiful cathederals? I would suggest the Intercontinential, Ritz Carlton, or even the sol Melia (jusst changed names recently). If you need any help pm, I would be glad to help.

Lindsay
www.lsweddings.com

AshlyMarch192011 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/15/09
Posted: May 15, 2009 8:59 AM Go to message in response to: July2008LMG

Hi. I just got engaged and I'v been really looking into PR for a destination wedding. Our goal would be to cut down on our guest list in order to have a more for less people.
I found El San Juan Hotel in San Juan online and it looks AWESOME... I like the Miami modern flair. www.elsanjuanhotel.com
Has anyone stayed there or know anything about it?
I'm looking into the suggetion of Vieques for affordable wedding... Any other suggestions for affordable weddings for around 50 people in PR or latin carribbean country?
Are sandals all inclusive resorts really worth it? Do they reduce the price for your guests versus not inclusive?

Thanks!!
Ashly

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: ddbride

Puerto Rico is tough.. no passports required so they up the rates on everything, No all inclusives because it is like the US. very expensive. I have done a few weddings there, however I feel there are nicer places to go for alot less money. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks
Tammy Levent
Elite Travel
google me

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine