Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues

Online Users: 1,228 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 212

etermo Posts : 4 Registered: 12/28/08
Re: Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: ShaunaCharlie606

I was just wondering if anyone had pricing for the Tides in North Haledon. Beautiful place!
Thanks-

Dimples23 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/22/09
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 11:49 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsPorkChop

all of this information is great to hear! we were thinking about going to the westmount but assumed that the prices were going to be extremely high off the bat. has anyone looked at seasons in washington township? i am curious to know what their prices may be. we did go to the venetian and florentine gardens and loved them both. we are also looking for a friday to cut some costs. if anyone has any ideas for any other places in northern nj please let me know. thanks :)

MTC1313 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/27/09
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsPorkChop

I just got engaged a month ago and I'm starting to look at reception places. I fell in love with Nanina's in the Park just from their website and I want to schedule an appt. to go see it in person soon. I know they have two different menus, one is more basic than the other. Did they give you pricing for the more basic menu? We're going to be having 150 guests and I really would like to have it in June 2010. Did it seem like this place was already booked for 2010?

mtc1313

DreamWedding145 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/28/09
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsPorkChop

This is such a great thread! I'm currently looking at Jersey venues and it's giving me good ideas. I love Skylands Manor but I'm worried it's out of our budget....

joanne112564 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/30/09
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsPorkChop

Hi! I saw your post about the Skylands Manor ceremony & reception proposals. Was wonderng if you can share with me? My email is joanne112564@optonline.net. We are looking to have a small and intimate wedding in October 2009. We are actually almost decided on the Tarrytown House Estate in NY when I read your post. Thanks so much for the very informative posts you have made. Truly appreciate all your help.

Congratulations on your engagement and good luck with the whole process!! I am sure that you will make a very beautiful and happy bride! Best wishes to you and your fiance!

bloomin2010 Posts : 1 Registered: 2/12/09
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: joanne112564

Hi there! I'm new to this site and new to being engaged, but we are starting to look at venues for a spring wedding in 2010. We are considering the Castle @Skylands and Penora Farms - all of the advice from this board has been fantastic! We are also considering a few others as well, has anyone had/been to a wedding at any of the following places:
Oakside Mansion

Woodcliff Manor

any input would be great thanks!

SoPsyched Posts : 1 Registered: 2/15/09
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsPorkChop

I had someone help me with the venue searches. She did all the leg work for me, made recommendations based on her knowledge and expertise. She saved us a ton of time and money....if you want her name send me a PM and I'll foward it to you.

cvazquez4682 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/5/09
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: bloomin2010

Hi:

I'm new here, too. My fiance and I just spent the long weekend checking out a ton of venues for our October 2010 wedding. One of the places we checked out was Oakeside Mansion. It's beautiful. We spoke to Amy, she gave us her cell number, if you'd like I can send it to you privately. The cost to rent the house is $1300 if you book by March 31st of this year. After that date the fee is $1500, plus if you get a tent (recommended for over 75 people), the cost is $10 per person for the tent. In our case it would be $1100 for 110 people. The price for catering (in October) ranged from $62.50 - $78 depending on whether you wanted buffet or sit down. They charge 18% gratuity, 1.5% matre d fee and 7% sales tax. Also, alcohol is not included, you have to purchase it on your own (which can be a plus or negative depending on how you view it). Also, they recommend either contracting a valet service (about $800) or hiring a Bloomfield police officer (about $30 an hour) since there are 2 parking lots. Even with all the extra costs, it's still high on my list for it's charm. I think it would be a very unique experience. I hope this helps.

Another location that ranks very high on my list for affordability and style is Costa del Sol in Union. They serve Spanish/ Portuguese food which is much more in line with our style. The rooms were very nice and the price was very reasonable. Has anyone ever been to an event there? How was the food/service?

Although our wedding date is in October 2010, I'd like to book within the next month. The first place we visited, Mayfair Farms, was already booked for October 15, 2010. I guess that's a very popular time.

Good luck everybody!
Clarissa

JaimeKim Posts : 3 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: cvazquez4682

Hello All

New to the site and got engaged 2 weeks ago. I've noticed some posts in the forum talking about negotiating better pricing on venues. Please tell me what you've been able to negotiate and how.

Thanks

Candy23 Posts : 11 Registered: 3/8/09
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was finding the same problem when I was looking - if you dont mind going right outside of NJ - a place called Stroudsmoor Country Inn in PA is gorgeous and has venues for various group sizes and great pricing.

www.customcreationsonglass.com

Soon2BMrsPorkChop Posts : 73 Registered: 1/1/09
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: joanne112564

Ok everyone I took a major break from this thread for a while; I'm sorry! Anyone who still needs info on the Skylands, email me at christine.villaverde@gmail.com :)

In response to a post I read about Nanina's, yes it is beautiful, but for a summer wedding, 150 is too few guests. They want I think at least 175 for a Friday and 200 for a saturday. I'm not positive but I think that's what I remember. They only do one wedding at a time so they set those minimums to make sure they are making a decent profit, I guess. They only showed us one menu and just told us what we could add on, but the menu we saw was pretty standard for the price. Its a beautiful place, no joke I cried a little when I saw it.

Good luck to anyone who's looking for a venue!

Hoffraysgirl Posts : 6 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Mar 14, 2009 8:13 AM Go to message in response to: etermo

I went to the Tides a few weeks ago. It is really nice. They have two weddings at a time the larger room Friday nights has a minimum of 175 & $110 pp. The smaller room has a minimum of 75 &$90 pp. Saturday nights larger room minimum 200 $130pp & Smaller room mimimum 100 $115pp.
I was looking at the smaller area downstairs. The place is beautiful. If you email them they will send you the menu & pricing.

esthernj Posts : 1 Registered: 3/23/09
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 8:50 PM Go to message in response to: Hoffraysgirl

Hi,

I'm new here but this is such a great thread! Thanks for all the info so far...

Does anyone know anything about the Stone House at Stirling Ridge?

Did anybody get a quote from them?

Thanks!
Esther

WaldwickBride Posts : 1 Registered: 3/25/09
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: esthernj

Hi Everyone:

Wow, what a great thread. My boyfriend and I just got engaged December 14th 2008, so right now we are also in the midst of looking for a place to have our reception. We are thinking of having an October 2010 wedding for about 150 people, but we are not firm yet on the date. There are a few places we have been to that I havent seen listed here, so I thought I would offer my two cents:

Seasons - $140 per person for a Saturday night; Friday night it drops to $115 and Sunday to $105
The grounds are beautiful for pictures, but they do 2 weddings at a time, and the Vieneese hour is not included

Nanina's In The Park - We were quoted $170 for a Saturday night (Vienesse hour included), $145 for a Friday night, and $140 for a Sunday night. The grounds are gorgous but I have heard mixed reviews on the food (my company had their Holiday party there last year - unforutately it was the day of the huge snowstorm, so I can't use firsthand knowledge)

Macaluso's in Hawthorne - $145 for a Saturday night (Vienese hour included); $125 for a Friday or a Sunday night; Honestly, if $145 is your budget, this place is great. I have heard rave reviews on the food, and they are very accomodating (my FH loves his sliders, and they offered to have a slider station even though it is not usually what they offer). We went during the week at night, so I did not get a good look at the grounds. However, they do a flame show, the idea of which my FH absolutely loved. We could only afford it on a Fri or Sun though.

Brownstone - $130 per person for Saturday night, but the pricing can go down depending on which options you choose. And if you have it on an afternoon, the price can drop to $70 per person. I had the same experience as others on this thread - it seems like a wedding factory, and you talk about your wedding in one great room, with TV's and other conversation going on. I know of someone who had their wedding there, and they ran out of food during the desert hour.

Empire Club in Little Ferry - $100 per person for a Saturday night $93 for a Friday or Sunday night. They offered to even throw in the Vieneese hour. Very reasonable, the people are great. The only thing I didnt like was that the bar is outside the ballroom. They have a small area outside for a ceremony and pictures. They are on our short list

The Tides in North Haledon - $130 per person with a 200 minimum for the large ballroom on a Saturday night (but they are willing to charge you $10 per person for every 25 people you can't guarentee, so it is more like $150 per person for 150 people). It was $120 per person for a Friday or $110 for a Sunday. They also have a smaller ballroom that fits our budget better, which was $115 on a Saturday night. They have extensive grounds that are gorgous, where you can have your ceremony outside and take pictures. I am a little prejudged for them because my parents married there in 1974, and my best friend married her husband there in 2005. I was in that wedding though, so I didnt have a lot of tiime to do much tasting during the coctail hour but what I did have was wonderful. Their ballroom is beautiful, and their coctail hour extends outside. They are also on our short list.

Stony Hill Inn in Hackensack - $135 per person Saturday night; $110 for Friday; $115 for Sunday. My FH's best friend married there in 2006. I can say we had a wonderful time. Their bar is also outside the grand ballroom which I did not like. However, they are a historic house, so if that is what you are looking for, you should definately see them. Ask for Bob - he was fantastic during our meeting. Their cocktail room is a room full of windows, which was beautiful.

The Landmark - $105 per person for a Saturday night for Surf and Turf (their prices are based on what you choose, so this is the highest price). I was not impressed with their customer service, as FH and I were in and out in 10 minutes. It feels very wedding factory like, and there is only one big tree and a gazebo to take pictures. However, the room that we saw had the biggest dance floor I have seen, and was lighted very nicely. If you are looking for a nice room at a descent price, I would look them up

Florentine Gardens - $220 per person for a Saturday night with a 200 person minimum; $160 for Friday and $145 for Sunday with a 175 minimum; $110 for an afternoon. If money is no object, this is the place to go. Their grounds are gorgeous, as is the entire facility. They only do one wedding at a time, so you have the entire facility to yourself. I am totally considering having an afternoon wedding only for the simple fact that this place was so breathtakingly beautiful.

Woodcliff Manor in Woodcliff Lake - $105 for a Saturday night, $90 for a Friday, Sunday or afternoon. This is also a historic house where you are the only ones there. It is very charming and quaint. They have nice grounds for pictures and one of the nicest gazebos for the ceremony that I have seen. Ask for Dave - he is fantastic. They too are on our short list.

I hope this list helps all who are still looking for venues. We are still searching.

FutureRut Posts : 3 Registered: 2/15/09
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 10:57 PM Go to message in response to: esthernj

I went to the Stone House at Stirling Ridge and it was about $175/head for a Saturday wedding. It's owned by the same people that own the Liberty House in Jersey City.

My fiance and I ended up picking the Florentine Gardens in River Vale for our September 18, 2010 wedding. We looked at a good 10 reception venues so it you need help let me know!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine