NWR Current Events Thread

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,414

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: NWR Current Events Thread
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: uno

Oh and No she's not on any assisstance, but she gets $490/month in foodstamps! HELLO?!?! Assisstance much. She's going to use her school loans to pay for her kids-- How do you think you'll get the loans if you're not in school?!?!

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: uno

I agree about the Octo-Mom being crazy especially when she said she's obessed with kids because she was an only child. My FH and I both are only children and the only grandchilden in our families. We both don't want any children. She made it sound like being an only child is a terrible thing. Even though my childhood wasn't normal, I loved being an only child.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: JessyNChris

All I know is that Im sick and tired of seeing her stupid face everywhere. She is a moronic woman who isnt very intelligent and who made horrible decisions, and yet this country chooses to celebrate her, pay her for countless interviews, put her all over magazines and national TV, and talk about her every move. It makes me sick. I cant even find a JOB but this idiot is going to end up getting all kinds of help and assistance just from the MEDIA alone! And payment for all these shows she is doing. You know, maybe instead of being a responsible adult I should just go out and have a whole slew of kids I cant afford and leave it up to the public to assist me. Apparently that is the kind of thing that America applauds and puts on television. I want to scream.

Who saw the Presidents first press conference? I thought he did great and I think the Administration is moving in the right direction here.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

....she has a website. http://www.thenadyasulemanfamily.com/
....and she's asking for donations. Sigh.

I thought the press conference did go very well Kelley. I liked seeing a president actually answering questions.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

I'll send my friend who has MS and got her food stamps reduced by $50/month to $14/month a gift card. And she's not asking for it. And she didn't ask to have MS and be in the position she is in.

This lady went out and deliberately did this. Whatev - so over it.

mrsJLA Posts : 445 Registered: 5/25/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Anyone notice that the website has 2 links - one to send $ via your lovely credit card (although mail is a viable option too) and a comment box.

I won't but if I had the guts, I think my personal comment to Nadya would get my mouth booted off the boards. I wonder if she's too dumb to realize how many people think she's off her rocker.

NTM, she looks like shes had plastic surgery too - somewhere I saw mentioned the freakish wanna be look of Angelina Jolie.

Ok - thats my rant.

Jaime

Wedding Pictures & Furbabies:

http:\\web.me.com\me182a

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: mrsJLA

Octo-mom bothers me.

That said, it's frustrating because if NO ONE was giving her any kind of financial assistance, it's only the kids who would suffer...because I think we all know how hard it is for kids to ACTUALLY be taken away from a parent by the state. And it would be nearly impossible to find someone to foster 8 children together.

Personally, if it were my tax dollars involved here (which they aren't) I'd be happier paying the GRANDPARENTS to raise the kids, since they seem to actually be concerned about their well-being. It sucks that Grandpa has to go to Iraq to work to support his idiot daughter.

That said, she could genuinely have a mental problem that prevents her from viewing the world within the scope of normal reality...

Again, I am NOT bothered by the fact that she chose to get pregnanct when she already has seven kids - that would be unfair to regulate. It's the fact that she went about it SO irresponsibly, AND can't afford the kids she already has. That ticks me off. She has no concern for the well-being of her children, only her desire to be a mother and raise a frickin' litter.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 8:27 PM Go to message in response to: mrsJLA

I'm going to follow the 'if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all' in regards to the comments page.

Besides, I keep hoping if I ignore her she'll go away.

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I didnt get to see Obamas speech but I heard he did a great job!! Im proud of him and I cant wait until the Vogue cover with Michelle on it!!
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Plunger Of the Offended in P.O.O.P~"People Offended by Offended People"

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I couldnt stay quiet and decided to write on her comments box.

I have to say that your babies are beautiful but I feel bad for them. I have 3 children and tied my tubes to not have anymore cause I know I wont be able to care for more than them and Im happy with that. I understand you love children but not being able to care for them is where you need to be a responsible person and get a job or help them out instead of relying on others to help you. Take responsiblity for your own actions. I pray God steps in somehow and relieves the children from all the mess
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Plunger Of the Offended in P.O.O.P~"People Offended by Offended People"

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: JJsWifey08

This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?

A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?

A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?

A. Only a smidgen.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?

A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?

A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China .

If you spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

If you purchase a computer it will go to India .

If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico , Honduras , and Guatemala (unless you buy organic).

If you buy a car it will go to Japan .

If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan .

And none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America . You can keep the money in America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, or spend it on beer (domestic ONLY), or tattoos and prostitutes, since those are the only businesses still in the US.

I got this in an email. Thoughts?

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Well my first thought is that email is hilarious. I liked it and I laughed.
But is that referring to the Obama Stimulas Plan? Because I thought it was a plan to get the economy out of shambles that involved giving money to states, programs, etc etc and stimulating jobs and creating jobs. I didnt think or realize that every American is also getting a tax stimulus check like we did that time with Bush - which is what this email seems to be implying. Am I missing something?

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

ChrissLady Posts : 1,352 Registered: 4/5/06
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 8:53 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I got that email last summer, so I assume it was talking about Bush.

I'm excited about the money in the package going towards education. It seems that this is the first place to get cut whenever they balance budgets, although I think it should definitely be one of the last things cut. I hope that they will at least make sure that the schools have enough books, so the kids can take them home. At my brother's school, he has to leave at least one of his books there because they don't have enough to go around. I told my mother she should get the ISBN number and buy the book, but she wasn't receptive to the idea.

More current events in my area. I don't know if I told you all, but job is cutting everyone's pay by 10%. For all employees outside of staff ours in is the form on 5 weeks of unpaid leave. Now there is a rumor going around that they may add another week some where in the year. I'm trying not to stress, but this is really irking me. DH graduates in 1 year, so I'm hoping we can ride this thing out until 1st Qtr 2010, then he will have a job, and it won't be as stressful. Luckily the way my employer has work it out so that we will get unemployment benefits. I'll be glad when this starts to turn around.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

Hey ladies check this out! I know a lot of you have kids.

There's an act coming up before Congree - The Prevention First Act that is calling for ACTUAL education in the sexual education.

Here's a link -

http://jezebel.com/5153193/louise-slaughter-seeking-to-destroy-america-through-accurate-sex-education

There's also a link at the bottom of the article that takes you to your Repesentative in Congress so you can write to them about the Act or whatever you want.

I think it's time education got put BACK into Sex Ed.

ChrissLady Posts : 1,352 Registered: 4/5/06
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/18/foreclosure.plan/index.html

I found this article interesting because I actually have the same concerns about the proposed mortgage bailout.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine