P90X

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 62

independant2406 Posts : 58 Registered: 12/8/08
Re: P90X
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Wow this program looks intense... keep us up to date on how your doing with this! I really want to know what kind of results you get and I might buy the program!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Oh yeah, we have young ones as young as 3yrs old up there. They really do seem to get great things like discipline and listening and following directions. How does you son like it so far?

Here's what my friend had to say about P90X:
"oh its going good...i'm noticing some progress on some of the workouts...especially with the abs workout...yeah..i'm able to keep up more with the amount of reps they do in each ab workout on the ab dvd...they do 349 ab reps total on the ab dvd.......and they're split up into approx 13 diff workouts with 25 reps each workout and the first couple times i did the ab dvd I couldn't do all 25 reps on some of the ab workouts...but now I'm able to do all 25 reps on most of them...tell ur friends on brides that plyometrics still suck for me..."

Mrs. Pinky

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 10:04 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Pinky - we took him for the first time last night and he LOVED it! It was the most adorable thing I have ever seen and I can't believe how high he can kick, it's amazing!

I'm on week 2 now and I definitelty feel better and I'm in a better mood generally, IMO. Other then the muscle soreness it's awesome! I'm looking forward to taking the 30 day pics to see if there really is a visual difference.

preview imagepreview image

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Aww that's so great!!! I hope he doesn't lose focus. I love watching the kids class they're so funny and outrageous.

Keep up the great work with your workout! Sounds really intense!

Mrs. Pinky

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

AndreaVentola Posts : 7 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Hey girls! I just ordered P90X today and I can't wait for it to come, although I'm a bit petrified! I just moved to Greenville, SC from Massachusetts so if you have any recommendations for me I'd love to hear them!

Do you find the workouts really hard? I'm wondering if you're supposed to be in great shape before taking on this challenge. I'm in OK shape, so I'm wondering how I will hold up. Also, did you start on a specific weekday--like Monday or right when you got it did you dive in?

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: AndreaVentola

THe great thing about P90X in my opinion is that you can make the workouts as hard as you want. It comes with a fit test that you should complete before starting the program. They tell you that if you can't do the minimum on the fit test then you should start with another program until you can. We have a very complex schedule so we started on a Tuesday because that lined up the excercises so that it was most convenient to us. Specifically because we needed Thursday to be our off day we started on the 5th workout instead of the 1st.

Let us know how you are doing!!!!

preview imagepreview image

ilovehim Posts : 179 Registered: 6/8/06
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 10:27 PM Go to message in response to: AndreaVentola

Hi Andrea! We got it on a Monday and started that same day. That works so that our "off" day is Sunday. The workouts are hard, but you can always pause the DVD. DH and I try to go as long as we can without pausing! The idea is that you make it as hard as you want. You really have to get in there and see what you can do. I do the cardio everyday (except plyo and kempo days) along with the workouts. There are several supplemental videos you can add or not. Like Tony says "Do your best and forget the rest!" lol

And sorry, I don't have any recommendations about Greenwood (or did you say Greenville) I haven't been in SC long and hopefully will be leaving shortly.

Did our second round of Plyo today.....it got a little easier. I hope I'm not so sore tomorrow!

I'm from Louisiana.  The home of good food, bad education, and highly opinionated Catholics.

Love, 

Rebecca

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 8:03 AM Go to message in response to: ilovehim

Hey girls, wondering how your P90X workouts are going, mine finally came in the mail and I plan on starting tonight after work. Are you seeing results already or not yet? Let's keep each other updated and motivated!!

:)

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 9:01 AM Go to message in response to: AndreaVentola

Hey Andrea,

Glad to hear that your P90X came in! We are on our first recovery week. I don't think that I have noticed too much of a difference in how I look but I definitely FEEL better and have more energy. But the most incredible thing to me is that I am noticeably stronger. On the first day I couldn't even bend my arms on the pull ups and now I can do one unassisted pull up. That to me was sooo exciting. I can see some definition in my abs and shoulders but nothing major.

When are you starting? The first week was killer, I was so sore that I could hardly move.

Lilypie Baby Tickerpreview image

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

That's awesome, congrats!!! I did the fit test and passed that fine which I was scared about, but it wasn't bad at all. I want to start soon, only thing is I am traveling for 2 weeks for work, and staying in a hotel with another co-worker so I can't really picture myself doing P90X in my hotel room with an audience! Not to mention I'll be in NYC and probably not in my room all that much...so I might just wait until I come home since I know I won't be traveling for a while and can really get into it. I am so excited to start, I just don't want to do 3 workouts and not do it for 2 weeks and get thrown all off track....definitely keep posting on here with your progress it's very motivating to hear the progress you're making. I will definitely let you know when FH and I really get into it!!

good luck! :)

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: AndreaVentola

I'd love to try this! But unfortunatly i'm not home much. I'd only be able to do it like 3 days a week (thats all i'm even able to get to the gym if i'm lucky)

I've heard it's a great program! Keep us all updated!

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

so I did my first workout this morning which was core synergistics...i liked it a lot but i had to pause it a couple times to grab more water but i got through it. i can definitely see how it will take some time to get stronger and really be able to all the moves full out. fingers crossed it will slim and tone!! keep posting about your progress and good luck to everyone who's trying it!

Dre :)

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 8:51 AM Go to message in response to: AndreaVentola

Today was the last day of phase 1. I'm excited to get into phase 2 after the recovery week. I definitely feel rested and ready for more, i guess that's the point. Tony Horton is a genius, lol! It took measurements and photos today. I have lost a pound a week since we started and have lost about 5 inches total from various parts of my body. I can't really see too much of a difference in the photos but I feel better than when we started so that's good enough for now. The progress isn't drastic but from what I hear it's phase 2 and 3 that really produces the results. FH on the other hand is completely ripped! It's ridiculous how quickly men respond to this program. His photos look at 30 days how mine will probably look after 90. MEN!!!

Anyway, any progress is good progress in my book! Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!

Lilypie Baby Tickerpreview image

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

that is awesome!!! congrats to working so hard. I am back home in Boston for work for 2 weeks, but when i get home i'm diving in and starting this thing since i don't have any travel coming up for a while. I hate how men always get results way faster--it's not fair when you work just as hard! But don't worry i'm sure the result will really start showing over the next phase. Keep me posted, i'll start writing all the time when get back to SC and start. I can't wait!!!

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: AndreaVentola

Ok so now i'm seriously thinking of dropping my gym and getting this.. lol all I do at the gym is run and lift a few weights. At least with this I wont have to drive anywhere! And I could do it at work as well... although it would suck to be in the middle of it and have to pause to run a 911 call! lol

I'm contacting people who are selling it on craigslist! MUCH cheaper that way! Considering i'm paying $26 a month at the gym this will end up being a bit cheaper.

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine