Keep Each Other Motivated

Online Users: 1,263 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 108

Jessica696 Posts : 38 Registered: 6/4/08
Re: Keep Each Other Motivated
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

Sweet Sunset,
I am positive thats what it is! You are probably packing on muscle and it is great you decided to start measuring! Keep it up!

I was so horrible this weekend! I had to work crazy long hours all weekend and fell victim to the convience of fast food! Aghh... I can believe i did THAT!!! I don't even want to step on the scale right now and my stomach is upset from all that JUNK...
Future Mrs. Hardt

MandJ2010 Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 2:46 AM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

hey girls! These last two weeks or so have been a challenge for me. I do pretty good for breakfast everyday but lunch and dinner have been a struggle especially being out of town all weekend. It is so hard for me to make healthy choices when I eat out.
Im making it a point that this week I am going to not focus on my food as much and work out hard core. Im hoping that will make a difference. Overall I think focusing on the food mainly is not helping. I need to make MORE time to workout....

Hope all is well ladies....happy healthy eating and working out!

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 6:33 PM Go to message in response to: MandJ2010

MandJ - Good idea to focus on your exercize, but I understand when you go away, its hard to stick to your diet. Dont beat yourself up if you slip and have fast food or just eat out, just limit it. Try to pick restaurants that have healthier options on their menu.

I've been doing good. Down to 136 and feeling muscular LOL. Still doing a mile run a day with exercize on the ball. I LOVE those exercize balls! They do so much! I got into these workout videos with a lady named Tanja Djelevic. They are only an hour but they target everything, upper body, lower body and your core and back. Let me just say I've already got 2 of my six packs from using her videos and its only been 3 weeks. Definitely recommend!

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

Sorry I haven't wrote in awhile! I've been super busy! Right now I'm at 138 and have changed my goal from 135 to 130. I am losing weight very slowly, but wonder if its not because I am packing on some muscle.

Sweet Sunset - congrats on the success! Keep it up!

MandJ - I know how you feel! I just need to start being more careful about how I spend my time.

Good luck ladies and keep me posted!!!

Future Mrs. Hardt

dawnO Posts : 40 Registered: 7/14/08
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

Hi, I'm new here and need motivation to lose weight and get fit for my wedding. I can't even imagine dress shopping until I have dropped 20 lbs or more. so... Hello, my name is Donna and I am over weight! I am going to start WW next week .

height-5'6
weight-165

1st goal weight-150
2nd goal weight-140
3rd goal weight-135

....Donna

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: dawnO

Welcome Donna!!! We are are more than happy to have you!!!

Trust me... You can do it! Keep us posted on your progress!
Future Mrs. Hardt

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

thank you very much for the warm welcome! until I start WW next week, I am going to write down what I eat to keep track of it and I need to start riding my excersize bike again. ...good luck to all of us!

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: dawnO

Hi Dawn! Welcome to our motivation thread! You've set some great and achievable goals! Keep us posted on your progress especially with WW. I've never tried WW but for a few of my friends, it did them wonders! Good Luck! :)

Though I will admit I havn't been motivated this week at all!!! I'm so ashamed with myself! I havn't been going food crazy which is good, but I can't seem to get my butt in gear and exercize. I feel so good after I do it too, I think I'm just having an off week. I've been teetering between 135.5 and 136.5 (my scale is crazy, I hate that .5). I'm going to do my measurements this weekend and see if maybe an inch came off, or maybe a half an inch....that would be nice.

Jessica - Are you measuring your inches? Thats a good motivator especially when you stop losing pounds. I got a fabric measuring tape at the grocery store for like $1

I hope you ladies are having a wonderful evening!

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

Sweet Sunset: I think I am going to start measuring!
Also, I know how you feel about your scale. The other morning I stepped on it and it said 137. I was so excited so i stepped on it again and it said 138.2!!! Way to get my hopes up!!! LOL

I totally feel like crap today! I worked out this morning and had a salad for lunch. I was doing really good until I got off work tonight and stopped by arbys... Opps... I thought, "Oh well I will just get a BLT wrap and thats it. Well I got the wrap and they just came out with waffle fries so I of course gave into that too!!! Argh... Steer clear of this place... Its the devil...

Future Mrs. Hardt

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 9:11 AM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

well, I have to toot my own horn today....cus I lost 5 lbs. this weekend! woohooo! I weighed myself today and its 160! ...I really tried hard! I have cut out pepsi/pop completely and drank as much water as I could fit in. And I have started to ride my bike again ....and at work, instead of eating the catered lunch of crap and cakes and goodies, I ate my turkey sandwich and yogurt! ....and I guess it's paying off! I go to my first WW meeting tonight and I can't wait!

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

well...where do I start...? first of all I did really enjoy my first WW meeting! the leader is energetic, the group of people were inspiring but I feel so discouraged now though. I went there with the impression that yesterday I weighed about 161 or so when I left my house..... well, according to the scale that they used, I weigh 168.8......WTF? I feel so depressed right now. and to think that I actually weighed 170 or more last week because I did drop a few lbs. over the weekend. Now, I just feel that this is going to be soo much harder than what I had thought it was going to be. and then when I got home, I was looking forward to watching the bachelor and then that whole fiasco just pissed me off even more....LOL! But I do have to say that my honey is being such a sweetheart about this whole thing and is being so supportive and helpful! ....well, thanks for letting me vent, rant and rave! .....oh and I re-adjusted my damm scale to match the one at the mtg, so I wont have anymore surprizes when I go the next time...

MrsPJM3 Posts : 129 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: dawnO

Hello Ladies I am in desperate need of motivation. I am getting married in @ 4 months and I so want to tone up. I used to be a gym junkie and loved it when I was single but now I just want to go home and not leave I have so much to do with dinner laundry and just life. I know it's all excuses ughh!! so I joined the gym agian in Jan and yes I've been only twice I confess I can't get myself to go. I finally today called the gym trainer and set up a time to see her on Friday night. Yea what a way to spend Friday night. But I am planning on paying for her for 15 sessions $300 of my tax money but I know if I am paying for it I will go b/c I am not going to waste that money. Also if I pay my fh will force me to go he knows I joined and is always saying are you going but he doesn't push the issue. I don't know it's just not motivation. I have gained @ 15lbs since we started dating and while I don't consider myself huge I do know I won't be wearing a two piece until some of this shapes up. So I am hoping you will let me join your motivation club and help each other out some.
Lesley
wedding web site

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

Ok I realized after I hit post I forgot to put my stats in :)

5'4 - 138 lbs
work out none
drink @ 2 bottles of water a day

Goal

125 lbs
work out 3 times a week
walk everyday for 30 min
drink more water

wedding web site

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

Dawn - I am so proud of you for going to WW meetings! I think the extra motivation from your group there will really help you! It is so good that your honey is there for you too... All too often the man can unknowingly cause sabotage to a woman's weight loss goal.
You can do it Dawn just stick with it even if it feels like you are not accomplishing anything because you are!

Welcome Leslie!!! I completely understand how you feel! I went from weighing 125 when me and my fh first got togethere to 150!!! I guess you just get so comfortable with someone you kinda let yourself go... Last time I checked I weighted 138, BUT i got a visit from every girls favorite aunt this weekend and have been eating my emotions... I feel like every month this happens to me I take 5 steps back. I am not allowing myself to step on the scale until my cycle is through because I fear discouragement.

I worked out Monday on the treadmill and I have changed up my routine. Instead of simply just jogging at lik 5 - 6 mph I walk at 3.5 to 4 mph on the incline. I start off at an incline of 3% grade and every minute go up until I hit the max which is 15 at the one in the gym and 10 on mine. Then every minute I go down a percent. I have learned that I am buring way more calories this way and working out my booty. I highly recommend this exercise to all of you!!!

Good Luck Ladies and keep up the good work! I know I have never met any of you, but I feel a strong bond with all of you!
Future Mrs. Hardt

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

Jessica ~ Thanks for the warm welcome.. Aunt Flo is visiting me also this week ughh I also eat but I have been trying to watch it and I think its a good thing I only had 2 choc chip cookies for breakfast instead of the bag that I really wanted. Cookies not so good for breakfast but not eating the whole bag gotta give myself some credit :). I am keeping a food journal of how many calories I am eating. I'll let you know it it's going.
I didn't get to walk last night I live an hour from work and then I met fh in the city another 30 min the other side of where we live. Fh and I planned a week ago to go register at bed bath and beyond. By the time that was over I had walked my 30 minutes and then some in circles but I dont' really consider that walking. We meet there at 6:00 finished up @ 9 who knew that would take 3 hours we had already been and spent @ 2 picking things out a week ago. Then fh had a flat ughh so by the time we got it changed dinner was IHOP I had @ 1/3 of a spinch mushroom omlete it was nasty and a pancake and a half. This is not helping the diet. Tonight I have a dinner birthday party for a friend why is it when you plan to get serious about weight loss everything seems to come up.

Yesterday calories~ I kept up with everything but dinner so I had 680 before then. Water only 1 bottle. Walk - NONE :(
Today's a new day Goal!! Water 3 bottles - dinner to not over due it at my dinner party. Thats it for today I know I wont' get home till after 10 so I'm not going to set myself a goal I won't met then I'll feel bad.
I love this tread thanks Jessica for starting it.
Make it a great Wednesday~ Lesley
wedding web site

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine