COMMERCIALS YOU HATE Take 2

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 271

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: COMMERCIALS YOU HATE Take 2
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Oh totally. McDonalds should be marketing to the "everyman" - the same market as a WalMart or something like that. Its cheap, its not quality, its fast lol. And the whole idea of marketing to ethnic groups is stupid because last time I checked, white people and Hispanic people and black people and Jewish people and Asian people ALL EAT BURGERS THE SAME WAY. So why the F%&& do we need a DIFFERENT commercial for each ethnic group to eat the same F'ing cheeseburger? WE DONT. Just stress that the food is fast and cheap and there ya go. Thats all you need. We dont need a RAP about fries or a hiphop song sung by a black man to his girlfriend about McNuggets or anything else for that matter. Its a burger. It has nothing to do with RACE!!! LOL.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thats what I say!!! And the slogan "i'm lovin' it"? Its not proper English! Who are you fooling McDonalds!

Ok so I have another one. Its for the Special K diet (which infuriates me to NO end, but thats another story) where the woman is standing next to the snowman and the daighter goes "youre twins!!!" and the woman thinks "oh I must be fat b/c I look like a snowman" Ok A. She has a puffy coat on and you can tell the actress is NOT fat and B. a fat person is not made out of 3 balls...so what gives Special K?

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 4:58 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

LOL Oh I know that commercial annoys me too. Yeah - cuz fat people look EXACTLY like Snowmen. I am constantly mistaken for a snowman myself. Its a serious issue in my life lol. And I HATE when they cast skinny people to play people that are supposedly fat or going on diets or all concerned with their weight. Cmon!!! Lets be real here. It makes no sense. Its like the acene people who dont really have acne, they have one pimple. Yeah, well these people are not overweight. They look GOOD. I hate that. Now the skinny bitches are taking away the parts for fat girls too?? Where does it end? I cant even play myself now? Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

commercials.jpg picture by jenny3_26_05

Mrs. Pinky

vday.gif picture by jenny3_26_05

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I've come back to whine about the Special K Diet. Ok this is what is wrong with America. Instead of encouraging overwight Americans to exercise and eat healthy, Special K, you make it seem like eating you twice a day is going to solve ALL of our problems with obesity in this country. Because, Special K, I could eat monkey turds twice a day too and lose weight. Special K, you have NOTHING to do with losing weight. But you have EVERTYHING to do with the problem! So basically, Special K, you are telling us to eat you for 2 weeks and lose SIX whole pounds, huh? Guess, what? Thats all water weight. And please, Special K, please tell me what I am supposed to eat AFTER the 2 weeks of eating you? Then what happens?

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Yes,Special K, and also what am I, an ACTUAL overweight person, supposed to find in common with the size 4 girl you have in your ads claiming she is concerned with her weight? HUH????

Okay I haaaaaaate those VERIZON FIOS VS. CABLE GUY ads. I think they are local only, but not sure. Soooo annoying. They are on every 5 minutes and there is a whole series of them and they are all UNFUNNY but they think they are funny. Its a Verizon Fios ad but its the whole dumb plot of the Fios guy constantly running into the Cable guy in the same apt building and they exchange witty anecdotes and act all smarmy and smirk and say stupid crap. Oh I hate these ads. And the Cable guy, the one with the reddish hair and beard, is a stand up comic who is ALWAYS performing at Gotham Comedy club where I perform too, and hes not funny, and now he is making TONS of money with these ads and it angers me.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Okay so these BEST BUY ads are really getting on my nerves. The ones where the stupid "employees" tell these dumbass nonfunny stories to the camera about their experiences installing a damn TV or something and they act like A. their story is amusing when its not at all and B. as if they loooove their job, and at the end they actualyl say "I love my job." No you dont. You make $8 an hour and youre 18. Ive never met anyone at Best Buy who is even 1/3 as enthusiastic as these Yahoos on these ads. Morons.

I admit to not really watching much of the Superbowl ads yesterday so cant really comment, unless I think of something that I happened to see.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

The Superbowl ads were pretty poor. Nothing really stands out. I always like the Budweiser Clydesdale ones so they were cute.

I hear you on the Best Buy ads. They are really annoying. I highly doubt I'd be going to some guy's house to install a TV he bought on the "day of the big game" What kinds of IDIOT goes to best buy on the "day of the big game" to purchase a TV. I wouild tell him to shove it....clearly he's trying to impress is 35-40 friends....GOD.

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I thought most of the Superbowl ads were boring. I only watch for the commercials and I spent most commercial breaks continuing to play around on the computer.

I will admit (even though it apparently is on several "worst" lists) that I did enjoy the Doritos crystal ball ad. It was stupid and juvenile, and it made both FH and I laugh out loud.

I felt like most commercials were either trying to tow a friendly but unmemorable line or had too much set-up.

If I never see another godaddy.com "unrated version available on website" commercial again, it would be fantastic.

MrsM2009 Posts : 422 Registered: 3/16/08
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

Karebear - the Doritos crystal ball one was the only one that made me laugh too. FH and I were just talking about how it wasn't even that funny, but compared to all the other commercials it was hilarious. So sad.

I am so sick of car commercials! Why can't they do ANYTHING differently - they're all the same!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: MrsM2009

the only superbowl commercials I liked were the doritos ones. Like the one where the guy eats them and all this good stuff kept happening to him but then at the end he runs out and gets hit by a bus...funny.

the bud one with the horse bringing back a tree was cute too. and the lovey horses...awww

Mrs. Pinky

vday.gif picture by jenny3_26_05

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I have another one. Chase Bank.

Its the one where the man and woman are on a date at some fancy restaurant, first date I guess, and as they look at the Menu, he notices at the bottom of it it says CASH ONLY so he panics, and "secretly" runs down the street to a Chase Bank to get out money and returns in time all without his date noticing he was ever gone because her head is apparently glued to her Menu like its a novel and she never looks up once. The whole point is that Chase Banks are everywhere and convenient. Fine, I get the message, but the setup is soooo stupid and lame and bugs me.

So many things. First off, if you made a reservation at a new restaurant and they DID only take cash, Im thinking theyd probably tell you that on the phone or ahead of time since thats an uncommon thing. Just sayin - its unrealistic.

Secondly, who the hell is that infatuated with their Menu that theyNEVER look up from it for a SECOND for an entire 5 minute period? I mean, even if the nearest Chase Bank was only one block away, he STILL has to leave, go outside, use the ATM, maybe theres a line, and come back. At the least, hes gone 3 or 4 minutes. Best case scenario. Im sorry, NOONE stares into a menu for THAT LONG without looking up once. Retarded.

And my biggest problem with this ad is this: the premise is dumb. Im thinking If Im a guy on a first date and the Menu says CASH ONLY at the bottom - I would just simply TELL MY DATE Im going ot the ATM. "Wow, thats odd huh? They only take cash here. Take a look at your menu, I usually only carry my debit cards on me, I need to run to the corner and get some cash." I see no reason at all why you would need to do this secretly and act like its a big freakin deal, and then when he gets back hes all sweaty and running and shes all "Are you okay?" ITS SOOOO STUPID.

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Ok, how about this one? "we travelled all the way to Italy to give people this lasagna!" Ok, thats BS. It's freaking NASTY Pizza Hut!!! Its insulting to anyone who is Italian or has actually been to Italy.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Totally. And the acting on that commercial is sooo bad, the surprise reactions and such. I dont believe for one second that they went to Italy or anywhere else besides a cheap TV studio for that matter. And Yeah. Im Italian, and Ive NEVER mistaken Pizza Hut for real authentic ITalian food. Ever. Oh, and Olive Garden blows. Thank you for listening lol.

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Right now I am hating the Geico ads with the stupid ass googly eyes and the ridiculous 'somebody's watching me' song - GAAAAHHH!!! they are all so frikkin lame!!

As for the super bowl ads - I liked the Bud commercials the best this year - very smart to bring out the Clydesdale team withthe game being played in Tampa - it's where many of them live and the team was out at Channelside (yuppy-class venue) the night before the game. I have seen them up close many times, since they live at Busch Gardens, and I can tell you they are super impressive and super HUGE up close - hell, even the babies are taller than me...not that it takes more than 5'3" - but still - it was nice to see them honored and to finally see the last of the frikkin ' Bud Bowl' crap that has haunted us for so many years!

Another I am hating is the Jackson Hewitt one with the cyclops people - what's the deal with these EYE commercials - first googly cash hopping around trying to get your attention - let me assure everyone that if cash wants to jump into my pocket - I am paying attention! No googly eyes necessary. And the conversation that the cyclops mutants have is just soooo annoying! Where's the MUTE!!!??

I'm sure there are more...to be continued

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine