What are you getting your man for Valentine's Day?

Online Users: 1,291 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 67

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: What are you getting your man for Valentine's Day?
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

MsD, I hear you barkin!! I feel the same way. I work with a few guys here in their early 20s and they are telling me how they "have" to do all this stuff for the girls. And I said "who says you HAVE to?" I always tell them not to get involved with a woman who forces made up holidays on them!! Its just a ruse to get men to spend unnecassary money.

And why is the pressure ALWAYS on the guy to do something for the girl?? Wouldn't it mean more to us women for our men to do something nice out of the blue and not because we "told" them to or because Hallmark told them to?

Anyway, sorry for the rant. We have friends coming into town that weekend, weather-permitting, so we'll be hanging with them, showing them the sites!

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I have always HATED Vday. Why tell someone you love them on only ONE day out of the year? We won't be doing anything. There is too much pressure out there for things to be perfect on VDay and then when things dont go perfect someone gets hurt. Soooo we are staying home because all the restaurents are PACKED that day. I may just cook a nice dinner and have it under candle light or something :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

Geez party poopers! Well since Vday is my Bday, Richard actually does HAVE to do something! Just kidding. I just want him HOME and NOT working. I'd like to spend some time with my friends but they're all going to be busy with they SOs so I doubt I'll get to hang with any of them.

I plan on buying this cologne from VS I fell in love with over christmas for Richard for Vday. He knows it's coming. I asked for a new dresser or bookshelf but I doubt I'll be getting it.

Mrs. Pinky

vday.gif picture by jenny3_26_05

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

Kickadeepi Posts : 18 Registered: 4/20/08
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

For Valentine's Day I found out that he is taking me out to eat and actually got me a PS2 (which I have wanted my own for the longest time!) I had no idea what to get him. So I ended up getting him (actually it's kind of something for the two of us) but I ended up getting him the House Season 4 collection (we collect the series and have been watching them in order). So I know he will love that, plus we are both really big in to the old games and so I am getting him his favorite James Bond Golden Eye game for N64. LOL! He's so funny that he likes all that, it makes him seem like just a big kid! LOL =)

mnthomas Posts : 1 Registered: 4/14/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: MrsM2009

Thanks for the great idea! How did you get tickets to PTI? My boyfriend loves this show.

Cherie23694 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 1:01 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

FH got free tickets to our AAA hockey team, so we're doing that. Plus since my birthday is a couple days before, we're going to Red Robin to use my free burger coupon, then Cold Stone Creamery to use my free coupon there. I know he's getting me chocolate, that's his old standby, but really it's about spending time together.

Saritacg7 Posts : 4 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

I got 2 plane tickets and booked his fav. hotel in vegas the Hard Rock for the weekend. I got tickets to the show KA' which he has wanted to see, and some great lingerie! I'm excited for this weekend its a surprise for him I have a driver picking us up both from work on friday and taking us straight to the airport! He has been great and deserves it!

princessMel Posts : 2 Registered: 6/17/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 7:04 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

So me and my FH are both suckers for this holiday. :) We both like the beach, so I am getting him cheesy beach items. It's more of the memories than the actual gifts. I'm not sure what he is getting me...but I'm pretty sure it is some kind of jewelry. :)

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: princessMel

Poor FH set the bar too high our first year together. He sent me a barbershop quartet, LOL. This year we decided not to do too much since the wedding is this year. We're splitting the cost of a hotel room and dinner. I'm getting him a gift certificate to the store that he always gets his running shoes, and I'm about 99% sure that he's getting me a bluetooth for my new phone. :)

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 12:15 AM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Aww barbershop quartet, adorable!! Hotel seems nice too though.

I'm a broke student and stressed, so all I asked for was some good old sex. I will probally make us a nice dinner too. If we are really ambitious, maybe some candles too. Perhaps some chocolates too, but thats more for me than him!

SoonToBeAWard Posts : 280 Registered: 5/22/06
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

We don't celebrate Valentine's Day per se, but it's a good excuse to get the wedding china and crystal out and sit down to a lovely meal together.

I LOVE to cook and I cook well, so I plan to cook a special dinner for us. Roast chicken is one of his favourites with roast potatoes, gravy and vegetables. For dessert we're having fresh strawberries with chocolate dipping sauce. To drink, we are having a bottle of 1998 Veuve Clicquot champagne that we have been saving. My best friend gave it to us as an engagement present with two Riedel champagne glasses. 1998 was the year we met.

I'm looking forward to it!

:: Lisa x ::

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeAWard

WOW- everyone has something planned- and they all sound great!

On my prior post I put that I got him a laptop- well Gzz, last night he showed me the Laptop he bought the other day from Dell and it should be here TODAY! U"HHHHG! so now what?? Now I'm not sure what to get him- :(

Brides.com Detective

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: nanette927

I wasn't going to buy him anything at all, but he's been super stiff and sore lately so I'm going to go get him a gift certificate for a 30 minute massage and just tuck it in to a pretty card. We decided not to exchange gifts, but I want to do this or him anyway. hehe He'll probably get mad :P LOL

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

You know what Nal! I should look into that. He had major back surgery 6 years ago and now has a titanium plate and his back is always hurting him. He is way to strong for me to make a dent just rubbing his back. I can never kneed it enough, maybe it's because of the nerve damage. But anyway, I'll hint around to him to see what he thinks about it. Running out of time too--- bummer. Good thing is I should get my income tax direct deposited by tomorrow! yay !

Brides.com Detective

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 10:26 AM Go to message in response to: nanette927

Dude, I think ANY guy would love a massage! You have all the GREAT ones near you too, don't you?? Man, I'm jealous! :) It's my favorite thing in the whole world to go to a spa day with the massage and the hot tub and a manicure/pedicure and a facial... sigh Only had that like... once. It's my dream to do it again. hehe

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine