Stay separately the night before the big day?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 29

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Re: Stay separately the night before the big day?
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: Lilmisssouthern...

We are going to spend the last night apart. He will stay either at his parents place or at our place and I will stay at my Mom's with my MOH and my BMs and kick it old school and have a slumber party.

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: Lilmisssouthern...

I think FH and I will probably stay together. We're coming in from out of town, so we are already paying for one hotel room. It's possible FH will stay with his best man, but I'm definitely staying in our hotel room (it's where I'm getting ready the next day).

MrsKG Posts : 115 Registered: 10/5/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

We will be living together for 3 years come our wedding in Oct, and we are sleeping apart, after the rehersal dinner FH will go to his Parents house with his brother whos the Best Man and I will go back to our place with my BM's and we are going to have one last fun girly sleepover with drinks and then the next day get our nails and hair done, our ceremony isnt until 6:30, but I think like a PP said it will help keep my mind of things and help me relax a little being with the girls!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
--Sam Keen

wedding widget

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: MrsKG

We slept apart the night before our wedding because for DH's "bachelor party", he, his best man and some of his friends went camping that evening after our rehearsal, and my bridesmaids stayed with me at our house. We missed each other, but his short camping trip was fun (one of the friends grilled steaks for them and made them a big breakfast the next morning), and I had fun with just the girls at our place. It was cool :)

luckymebride Posts : 125 Registered: 12/7/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Sounds like a lot of you are staying apart the night before the big day! It definately gives me a second thought on staying with FH and I begin to see the benifit of staying apart now. :)

wedding web site

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

We are spending the night apart for a few reasons

1. There are some traditional aspects that we are applying to the wedding...not a lot of them...but we do want to keep some wedding traditions
2. Whenever we spend time apart we get so excited and antsy to see each other again. I already know there will be a lot of anticipation to see him that day since you know...it will be our wedding! But we want as much anticipation and excitement as we can have
3. I know that some people talk about the last "hurrah!" with the ladies, well spending the night with my Mom and my sister (MOH) and my BMs will absolutely not be a last "hurrah!" since we love our girls nights...but I doubt too many more sleepovers will be happening. We always used to have girls nights and then just crash on the floor where we would sit up mattresses. We are totally doing that again. I will probably give them their attendant thank you gifts that night as well as order the food and movies as a thank you.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

We spent the night apart because if we slept together the night before, he would have been able to wake up and "see the bride on her wedding day" which we didn't want to do.

So he drove down to our wedding location the night before with some groomsmen and I stayed at our place with my bridesmaids and it worked out well.

He didn't see me until 6pm that evening when our ceremony started and I walked down the aisle.

Mrs. Pinky

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

vday.gif picture by jenny3_26_05

Our Wedding Website 

Shiybaby Posts : 20 Registered: 8/1/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

As my man says...."who are we kidding?...we live together...we own a house together....the jig is up"

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

My FH and I live together now, and we will not see each other after the rehearsal activities are done the day before the wedding until 6 pm on our wedding day -- the time the ceremony starts. We also will not be calling one another or texting one another.

At some point on September 26, my MOH will give me a letter from my FH, and his BM will give him a letter from me.

He does not want to see me on our wedding day until he sees me walking towards him about to become his wife.

Misty

Visit our Wedding Website

C.A.T., P.O.O.P.

SoonToBeAWard Posts : 280 Registered: 5/22/06
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 8:33 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

We were together for nearly 9 years when we got married and lived together for 6 of those years. We married in our hometown and were living in a different city. We didn't see each other from the night before our wedding.

The night before we had a wedding rehearsal with our celebrant at my mum and dad's place, after which my husband and his BM and GM went out for dinner together. My sister (who still lives at home) and my sister-in-law stayed at my mum and dad's house with me that night. It was really nice - we had a couple of glasses of champagne and put together the wedding programs.

I enjoyed the time I spent with my family and BM's leading up to the wedding and my husband says that he really enjoyed hanging out with his GM the night before.

I also loved, loved, loved, walking down the aisle and seeing my husband for the first time that day. It was really special to me.

:: Lisa x ::

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeAWard

We're going to spend the night together. FH & I both sleep better when we're together and our day starts so early the next day, that I want us to sleep as well as possible. The morning of, we are all getting ready at FH & I's house. The girls will be in the master bedroom since it has its own bath. And the guys will have have the guest bedroom and the main bath. Our parents & coordintaor will have be in the living room just waiting for everyone to get going. We're all getting ready at the house because our ceremony is at a park just down the street, so it makes the most sense. We're also doing pictures before the ceremony starts, so FH will technically see me before the wedding anyway. I just don't want him to see me until I'm all dressed up. So for us, its really about convience.

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

PinkHippo Posts : 53 Registered: 11/2/08
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 5:20 AM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

We are staying together the night before our wedding. I don't sleep very well when he is not next to me. When he was gone for 13 weeks the only good sleep I got was when he was home on the weekends. I know it sounds stupid but thats how it was. I figure I am already going to be stressed about the wedding why add sleeping away from each other in a strange place on top of it. Besides I know us and when we can;t sleep we will be up all night texting each other so we might as well just stay together. We are parting ways in the morning though becuae I don't want him to see me in my dress. :)

MrsB2Be Posts : 16 Registered: 12/21/08
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

:) I am smiling because I SO know where you are coming from! I am getting married in June in Disney. My mother insists that we do not stay together the night before the wedding ( even though we've been living together- granted in her home- but in our own room AND are taking over the house after we get married)

BUT evenutally I gave in to her while mumbeling "I hope I can sleep without him, I'm not used to it"

Then my mom was like 'I'll stay with you"

My mother snores horribly so I politely told her "no way" and decided to have my MOH come stay with me so she can get all of her "My girl is getting married' and we can have our look back at pictures from high school and cry time lol

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: MrsB2Be

We live together and will spending the night before apart. FH will be staying at the hotel with his parents. And my mom, and MOH (sister) will be staying with me at our house. We're getting ready in our house. It make more sense for me statying at the house, and also we want to kee that tradition, eve if is silly.
BTW, my 7 yr old nephew asked me if we live in the same house. I wasn't thinking and I said yes. He immediatly askd me if we're sleeping in separete bedrooms until we get married. I answer him yes. I thought it was funny he asking about this stuff with only 7 yrs old.

Can't wait to be Mrs. Snyder

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

DaisyRanger Posts : 7 Registered: 1/16/09
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

I was married to the love of my life on Feb. 21st, 2009 (6 days ago) and we spent the night before our wedding apart. It was hard to do because we've lived together for 2 years. I did go see him the morning of the wedding. I just couldn't go without giving him a hug until the evening. With all the excitement and yes, along with that does come a little bit of stress..nothing calmed my soul more than being in his arms. I was content and calm the rest of the day! Even when certain things did not go according to plan at the reception, I was not in the least bit upset. It is so remarkable now looking back, I was just thinking to myself, "I will not stress over this because I know it will work out and everything will be fine". Enjoying the moment and feeling love from my new husband, as we celebrated our wedding, with our friends and family present is a memory that will live with me forever. I know I broke the tradition when I ran to him the morning of...but in the grand scheme of things, it was just a very small detail. Will it matter years from now?? My best advice is to go with what your heart is telling you to do! You can't go wrong! All of my best wishes to all of you for a life full of love, and happiness! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine