Brides.com BOARD AWARDS...RESULTS!!! (WINNERS-POST YOUR SPEECHES!!!)

Online Users: 1,343 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 182

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Re: Welcome to the 2008 First Annual Brides.com BOARD AWARDS...
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 10:32 PM Go to message in response to: myra

From the Mush of Boo:

First of all, screw the Academy. What do I need with an award? I can't eat it. I can't wear it around my neck. I could, but I think Flavor Flav wore out the clock bit long ago. Yeeeeaaah boeeeeyy! I could say I'm grateful, but I'm not. Although you might want to hang with me, I can't hang out with any of you. I'm not who you think I am. I'm not blonde, young, or pretty. I am a pile of mush, mung, and mash. I can't live this life anymore. Goodbye.

ever thine          ever mine          ever ours

Check out our site http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 7:58 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I would just like to thank those of you who voted for me, your payments are on the way. For those of you who didn't vote for me, name your price I want to win this flippin' thing next year.

Kelley this was fun. I enjoyed the awards program. I loved most of your gowns ladies very pretty. There was someone doing an awesome imitation of Areatha Franklin in a sausage casing. I am not going to mention any names but you can bet she will be mentioned on the Fashion Police soon..

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

wedding ticker

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Thank you thank you very much (said in Elvis voice)

Happiness is your doggy meeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

I promise I'll be nicer if you promise you'll be smarter!

imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wHw3sZn/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

To all those who voted for me:

Thank you so much! My entire life I've always wanted to win something. . .like a new car, or a shopping spree, or a cruise, or, you know, the lottery. But, um, I suppose, this is, somehow, maybe. . .in a way, could be considered . . . .better?

But thank you! I guess.

Um, I don't suppose that this comes with some sort of cash prize? Or a trophy! Like, a trophy made of solid gold!! That would be useful!!!

Oh, wait, that sounds ungrateful. Um, sorry. Let's start over.

Thank you!! This is the best award ever! I'm so proud to get it and my life will never be the same! Really and truly, I mean that!

And for you guys who didn't vote for me?

What the f* is wrong with you!! Every day, I work hard to type these words in the correct grammatical order! Sometimes I even spell them right! Occasionally I use a big word that I totally don't have to use, like discombobulated! Or antidisestablishmentarianism! Okay, I don't think I've ever actually used those words on this site, but I totally know what they mean and could use them at any moment!

But do you care? Nooooooooo. Apparently you people prefer easy to read silly-speak. Fine. To you I just have one thing to say: C U l8er

As for anyone who wants to know more about me, you can find me if you look really, really hard at this picture taken at Obama's inaugeration:

See me? I'm in the back there, wearing a red hat!!

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

MrsD I see you, I see you!!! Whats up with that giant red bow hat on your head?

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Oh, WOW, MsD. you were standing right next to me I even complimented you on your great taste is hats. I wish I had known it was you.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

wedding ticker

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

Still waiting onAcceptance Speeches from many! AOTB? GIN? LILY? IHEART? KITTY? NOC? etc etc etc. Oh and Cindybin could not be with us this evening. Accepting the Award for biggest freak on her behalf ....... BJORK!!!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I won? Really? YOU LIKE ME?! YOU REALLY LIKE ME?!

Yeah... corny I know... but... oh well...

I'd like to thank... ummm..... my boss. If she was nosey and cared what I was doing, I'd never be on here. :) I'd also like to thank, my middle school computer teacher, for teaching me how to use the internet. Without her, I would've never found this site. :)

I didn't realize that the RESULTS were posted, otherwise I would've given thanks a long time ago. Thanks for taking the time to figure the results Kel, ugh, I never would've had the patience to. lol

And now I should probably get back to work... haha.... yeah.... :)

Re: Brides.com BOARD AWARDS...RESULTS!!! (WINNERS-POST YOUR SPEECHES!!!)
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thanks Destiny! Still waiting for Acceptance Speeches from GIN<AOTB,NOC,KITTY,HEART,etcetc. Looks like this Awards Show will be going over its alloted time slot... Sorry folks. Your local news will be next.

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

WTF..Kelley!!?? LMAO....23. For the Most Wacky or Dysfunctional Situations Poster:

MARTY08. Seriously, pretty much everyone said Marty with no clearcut 2nd or 3rd place.

That's Fun-E!!

I just have to thank my dear, dear husband...this is clearly his fault....Yes, I've tried and tried again to have an open mind ....but then sadly, my brains fall out and I say stupid sh*t...which never really helps...

But, you have to excuse me now...I have a salad spinner I have to go admire in the mirror!!

luv you guys!!

Life's not all beer and skittles, mate!

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: marty08

LOL Great speech Marty. Yeah you took the cake on that one. Won it in a landslide.

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: ginmal

I have exactly twelve minutes to do this - here goes:

1. Best Screenname : DeezNuttiest....absolutely it's the one I always have to ask myself - why? lol

2. Best Funny/Silly Profile Picture: BBS's Eddie for sure!

3. Best NonSilly Profile Picture: I like linnbin in the limo with her DH

3a.Best signature: I don't remember

4. Most Supportive / Nicest Poster: Kel, Danille, Gin, FMSwann, Lori83, Cyndi33 - and all the inspired thread ladies are the best!

5. Most Intimidating or "Tells it Like It Is" Poster: Not intimidating - but Gin and MrKelley have a way with worrds, LOL

6. Best Overall Trainwreck Thread: any of Hottbride's threads

6a. Poster/ Thread /bit of Info that Shocked or Surprised You Most: Really it's when brides make paltry excuses for the way they are treated by their FH's - right after they have just whined about it!

7. Best Catfight/Board Argument: The 'Fake' Wedding ordeals

7a. Best Debate/Discussion Thread: don't remember

8. Best Prank or Joke: BBS always and forever...haven't seen one to top it!

9. Poster Youd Most Like to Hang Out With: Danille, Gin, FMSwann, Cyndi33

10. Best Overall Wedding Pictures: I don't remember

10A. Most Beautiful Bride: How can I choose?

10b. Favorite Wedding Gown: Why can't we say our own?

11. Poster Whose Wedding Sounded So fun You wanted an Invite: I wish I could have been at Kelley's wedding - I had a beer and toasted with the video she put up on youtube - enjoyed it thoroughly!!

12. Lamest or Most Boring Thread/forum: The old tux forum - gaaahhhh!

12A. Best Time-Killer Threads: who's got time to kill? My 12 minutes are up already!

12B. Favorite Posters to Kill time with/Talk about Nothing: Kel, Artbride, Danille, FMSwann

13. Poster Youre Dying to Know More About: I know a bunch about my fav posters, so I can't say I need more at the moment.

14. Best One Liners or Comments: I'll have to condsider this one more closely

14A. Poster Who Consistantly Starts the best Threads: Um, it should be obvious, Kelley..yup!

15. Best Written Replies: Kelley & MrKelley

16. Juiciest Overall Thread: not sure anymore

17. Weirdest / Freakiest Poster: The one who wanted to pop out of a cake and dance with her thong and get this pasties on at her FH's bachelor party!

18. Best "Im Leaving the Boards!!!" Exit: hottbride

19. Overall Funniest Poster: Kelley

20. Most Helpful Poster: So many have helped me I couldn't possibly name them all - but Kelley wins the nomination for helping me to plan and coordinate my wedding !!

21. Most Helpful or Supportive Thread: Overweight but Inspired

22. Poster You wish Would Post More: Danille, Robelle (and thank you Gin for the shout out!)

23. Most Dysfunctional/Strange Situations Poster: Marty08 - I agree

24. Best "Did they REALLY just say that?" Poster: Mr. Kelley - I frequently ask myself this question when reading his replies, LOL!

25. Thread You LURK on but Dont Post on: There are a few - but not so much lurking anymore

26. Most Sarcastic Poster: Gin

27. Posters that you HAVE met: Kelley, BonnieJ - have talked to a few of them on the phone - Danille, FMSwann - exchanged holiday gifts with Gin...I think I am pretty well rounded in this catagory

28. Favorite Wedding Related Topic: lol, can we say 'mine' here?

29. Least Favorite Wedding Related Topic: who to invite/not invite - for whatever the reasons.

30. Topic You Hate Seeing 9,000 Times on the Boards: Kids at weddings

31. Stupidest, Most Pointless Wedding Related Topic people Alway Get In a Huff over: who sits where...just let people sit where they want for cryin' out loud!

32. Favorite NEW Poster (has only been on 4 months or less): No idea

33. Best Overall Thread/Your Favorite Thread Of All Time: The hate thread always makes me laugh so much - even though I try not to dwell on the things I hate anymore - I still love the concept and the bitchin'.

34. Your Favorite Poster: gee let me think....lol, well Kelley of course! Who wouldn't love the woman who managed to wrangle my family into getting their act together (as much as possible at any rate - they are a rough bunch to handle - everytime she had everyone there, ready to go - all of the sudden - someone disappeard! lol)

35. EXTRA CREDIT (and because Im trying to start trouble because I enjoy starting trouble hehehe.... only answer if you dare... ) Least Favorite/Most Annoying Poster: I have never made a secret about the fact that I cannot STAND AOTB and her snide holier-than-them/thou/thine attitude - and guess what?!

I LOVE FAKE WEDDINGS!!!

Edited by: mrslilysolovely on Feb 12, 2009 1:22 PM

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

This looks like fun. I just joined the boards in December. Do you guys do this every year? lol.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah - Kelley decided to dream these up for some fun. LOL This was the first time they had ever done them.

I don't know that she quite knew what she was getting herself into though when she offered to tally the results. lol

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I see LOL

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine