FutureMrsScanlon Posts : 67 Registered: 12/15/08
Re: I Got My Dress!
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

lol thanks :)
wedding countdown

gingerpeach99 Posts : 5 Registered: 12/29/08
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

Great dress! I'm 'blessed' too and I think I'm going with a halter style. You felt comfortable in it?

luckymebride Posts : 125 Registered: 12/7/08
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

Hi Beautiful dress! Did you chose white or ivory? Thanks! :)

wedding web site

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

I actually got it at DB when I bought my dress. I really matches the type of beads that are on the dress. I'll have to go to their site and look for it. I might go to my mom's tomorrow and if I do I will take a pic of it for you. But my consultant picked out the tiara and a veil, but I've already sold my veil.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

Hi Gingerpeach, yes I was very comfortable in it, except I've never
worn a corset so that made it kind of weird.. felt like I was in a
costume lol... but other than that it was very comfortable :)

Luckymebride - I chose a white dress, I didn't see one in ivory :(

Breann - I think I might get the tiara at David's Bridal and get the veil at ACMoore.. I don't know I just don't want all my accessories for my dress to leave me poor lol.. so I'm trying to look at different places for things like that, but if I don't find any at ACMoore or Walmart, I'll go to DB for the stuff.
wedding countdown

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 11:04 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

Very very pretty....Congrats!

SoonToBeMrsDodge Posts : 70 Registered: 2/7/09
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

very pretty! I went with a halter style too. Everyone was pushing me towards strapless, but they just aren't as comfortable to me (I'd be tugging the sides up all day lol). You're dress looks classic, not too much detail and flattering. I'm wondering if a majority of people buy their dresses from David's Bridal?! I did as well and I absolutely love mine :) Plus, I think they have the best prices around.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeMrsDodge

I think Davids bridals is one of the only mega-dress stores around so you hear that a lot of people buy from them. They're almost the only one with national exposure, aren't they?

I tried stuff on from Davids and found ones i LOVED, but ended up buying one at a small dress shop that was selling off some samples.

IMG_7120.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

Are those shoes "Giselle"? If so, we have the same footwear. (And WHY would they discontinue that really cute shoe!!!!!)

Misty

Visit our Wedding Website

C.A.T., P.O.O.P.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

I'm a David's bride too.... and I went with the halter. I only tried on one non-halter dress -- (I thought it had sleeves when I picked it out. Nope...just a bolero). Strapless makes me nervous (see Crazy Fears thread).

Mrs.Scanlan (please pardon name spelling). Go online and do a search for tiaras, or check eBay. You'll find you can get them way less....and might even be something so much more 'you' than you can find at David's. The shoes, bra, slip, and dress will cost you a pretty penny (even when the dress is on the 'affordable' side). My veil was David's.... but I embellished it (the $200 veils were pretty. The $200 veils were out of price range). There is a thread about the DIY veil, and they are time consuming, but easy (and OH so worth it!) You look absolutely beautiful in that dress...and you're going to be even moreso on your wedding day! (And not because of the makeup <G>)

Misty

Visit our Wedding Website

C.A.T., P.O.O.P.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 7:07 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I dont know what style the shoes are but they are gorgeous :) as far as accessories go.. I'll have to decide what to do... I really don't want to pay out the wazoo for accessories.
wedding countdown

TheFutureMrsPor... Posts : 18 Registered: 3/26/09
Posted: May 5, 2009 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

I can't believe you found the dress already. People keep telling me that it's too early for the dress.

I found a website that has great wedding dresses.

www.lightinthebox.com

www.mywedding.com/jerryandcrystal

Edited by: TheFutureMrsPorter on May 5, 2009 9:30 PM

firefightersbri... Posts : 49 Registered: 7/7/08
Posted: May 5, 2009 10:35 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

Your dress is sooo pretty. You can tell from your face that you feel good in the dress. I also like the shoes. Have you thought about Claire's and that type of store for a tiara? They have a few decent ones in the prom section and they go on clearance next month after the proms are over.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine