Interacial, anyone?

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 41
Re: Interacial, anyone?
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsL898

Thanks, Soon2bMrs.Lapp.

I guess you could say I'm color blind! As I've said, I don't think of my FH as my BLACK FH. He's just my FH!! lol

MrsDupont Posts : 1,574 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

hmm... I am Interacial... I am half Arabic, Half Spanish.  My FH is Cuban as well...

I tell you... i get a lot of looks and stares... took my dad 6 years and an engagement before he would even accept it.

but who cares what people think... let them stare... Their just mad they aint gettin any cuban penis.

http://DarellandMariam.brides.com

HooahBride Posts : 341 Registered: 9/19/07
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

I don't know if I count lol But I am for the most part white, and my FH is Hispanic...we don't get much grief about it, I guess it is pretty normal here in CA. My family though tends to pull out a lot of racist jokes, not because we are racist, just think its fun stuff...my FH doesn't mind and jokes around with us as well. He likes to make fun of me for being so white and i make fun of him for being a short Mexican. lol (That was not meant to be offensive sorry if it was) I think there is nothing wrong with interracial relationships, when I was in high school I was always dating black guys, they were always fun to go dancing with and played sports like me. But like I said, no one in CA really care, if they do there are very few. 

Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: HooahBride

Hooah let me ask you...

The word "Hispanic"  DOes your FH find it offensive? 

Because not 1 latin person i know likes the word Hispanic.
I'm not trying to say anything... i was just wondering.

When i first met FH i asked him if he was "hispanic" and he looked at me and said... "please don't call me that "white" given name. I am Latino - Cuban"  So i asked his friends (which are Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban) what they felt about the word Hispanic.... and man did i get a ear full... so since then i have never used it... I've always said Latin from then on.

I guess i compaired it to the word Arab...
People say " A-RAB" (which is completely offensive)
when it should be pronounced...  Air-rub...

I dont know ... just wondering ...

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

Actually no, he doesn't find it offensive at all, I have never run into anyone who was offended by it. But I guess to be more correct I guess I would call him Mexican, because Mexico is where his Dad is from. I personally think this world (and this is not directed to you MrsDupont) has gotten too sensitive about racism, they take anything as a racial slur. And you have to be so careful what you say because someone may take it the wrong way. I mean the vulgar things people say or hate crimes yes those are VERY wrong and I do not agree with at all, but little things like calling someone black, brown, white, I don't think there is a problem with that and some people find it very offensive...am I the only one that feels this way? Because honestly I feel everyone should be treated equally and it shouldn't be okay for one race to be able to say something and another not...do you get what I am saying? Or am I not making any sense? lol

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: HooahBride

No Totally agree... people can be way to sensative...

I may be a little sensative at times when it comes to my own cultures.  Especially my arabic side. 

But i think i've come to the realization that we will never be a Racisit free country/world... people will always have problems with other people because of race, religion, sex, what have you.

Just today, people in my office were discussing Merry Christmas vs.. Happly Holiday... My boss screams out... This is America... Its Merry Christmas.   But excuse me.... not everyone celebrates the birth of christ in 1 day... There is Kwanza, Ramadan, Hanakkah... and many other ways to celebrate a special "holiday".  Isnt American the land of the free... We can celebrate and believe what we want? Thats we fight in other countries to bring that freedom to others? (I know thats not why, but its a good thought)
What we need to is let people be and open our doors for those who would like to escape.

Another time... I went down to florida to visit a friend of mine (that is blonde blue eyes and so is FH) and her FH, with a friend of mine that is Mexican/Italian.  Well anyways... We were driving and he was telling us about the neighborhoods and he said... "It gets pretty dark in that area"... i started laughing and said...  "Well there is nice shade back here"

Its just crazy...

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

Yeah it is funny how everyone is different, and how people stereotype.  I also think with the whole Merry Christmas thing with your boss, maybe he was saying its Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays, because the government is trying to take religion/God, and Jesus out of everything...maybe that could have been it?

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: HooahBride

no, he said it as... "its Merry Christmas, this is America"  I know what he ment... just because i know he is an ass hole!

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

Oh, well that sucks...some people are just like that. 

UltimatePink Posts : 367 Registered: 10/15/07
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: HooahBride

And there are some that don't celebrate holidays at all. This is my first time working for a Jehovah's Witness and they don't celebrate christmas or thanksgiving (probably others too that I don't know about). But they don't impose their own beliefs onto their own staff and my boss always wished us Happy Thanksgiving or Merry Christmas. We just say, have a nice time away from the office!

I do agree that saying "merry christmas...this is america" is rude. For the example above that everyone doesn't celebrate christmas. And other counties celebrate christmas also, not just america. That was a weird comment.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: UltimatePink

Like i said... my boss is an ass hole ... which i dont know know how he got promoted to director... what a jack ass...

My boss is one of those men that "if it doesnt happen to him, it doesnt happen to anyone" And its weird if something is different then what he thinks!  like coming in at 8:32 instead of 8:30 and walking in with him in the morning... I'm still late and i should have been at my desk at 8:30 ready to work... BUT I WALKED IN WITH YOU!!!

But your right... there is Jehova's  They dont celebrate anything except i think anniversarys.  We have a few jehovah's and we never ask them to sign birthday cards or anything...

GiGiBXFL Posts : 16 Registered: 12/6/08
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

my soon to be husband is not only white (i'm puertorican and dominican) he's also a full 15 yrs older than i am :) And ya know what? I don't care what anyone thinks! I've always love this man!

Live in peace and harmony

http://pryorandguzman.weddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine