Co-Workers

Online Users: 1,329 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

TheNewMrsTLC Posts : 84 Registered: 6/9/07
Co-Workers
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 8:53 PM

So i found out that the women I work w/ from my job # 2 are supposedly throwing me a shower. However i wasn't planning on inviting any of them. My guest list has surpassed the 200 we planned on having (well we planned on less but now it's up to 260..I think) Our families are helping us pay and I'm trying to cut the list back. Is it rude of me to not invite them even though they might throw me a shower?

Emily & Tom

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Co-Workers
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 11:17 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

Dear Mrs TLC,

A shower given in the workplace by co-workers is one of the few exceptions to the general rule that you invite shower attendees to your wedding.

I suggest that if any co-worker involves you in shower plans (IOW it's not a total surprise) you make sure that person understands that you cannot invite any co-workers to the wedding.

MrsM2009 Posts : 422 Registered: 3/16/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 11:58 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I am throwing a shower for a workplace colleague, and none of our co-workers are invited to the wedding. I have always been under the impression that this is one of the exceptions to the shower rule that all shower guests must be invited to the wedding, and all of the people invited to the work shower have been happy to attend based on the fact that, although we know the bride can't afford to invite us all to the wedding, we'd like to send her our well wishes. It should be a fun lunch with the office girls! If your work colleagues want to do this for you, I'd say they've done so with the understanding that they may not be invited to the wedding, and you don't need to fret over it.
P.O.O.P. - People Offended by Offended People

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

My work threw me a shower the week before my wedding. Only 3 were invited but everyone chipped in for the party. I never felt like I Had to invite everyone b/c of this. I would just take it as a nice gesture. Co workers understand constraints on weddings...

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

TheNewMrsTLC Posts : 84 Registered: 6/9/07
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 6:18 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

Thanks for all ur help!

Emily & Tom

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine