genuine question about hair style

Online Users: 1,317 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

anfeesgirl Posts : 25 Registered: 1/25/09
genuine question about hair style
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 7:39 PM

so i have relatively short and insanely curly hair. i have a lot of hair styles in mind but my main question is would it be silly and weird to get extensions for my wedding? like maybe mid-shoulder length. i just dont want to conflict with how everyone knows i look. advice?

Amy...

On May 8th, 2010, I will be Mrs. Anthony J. Fiore!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: genuine question about hair style
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 8:01 PM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

I think you should look like yourself, instead of someone else. Seriously, your hair is gorgeous in your profile picture.

Misty

Visit our Wedding Website

C.A.T., P.O.O.P.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

Amy, you also have over a year -- you could definitely grow it some. When I got engaged, my hair was the length in my profile picture. It now dusts my shoulders. I've been growing it out since August, and I will have probably about 3 or 4 more inches on it by the wedding. Of course, my hair is stick straight.

You could try to grow it to that length, but there is probably a reason you wear it short -- that's your personality.

(Me, I grow it, chop it off, dye it, change styles....all the time. Seriously, while growing up, my school pictures have a really different style every year. I've had it in a bob now for 3 years. And it has been mostly bobbed for about 10. But I do stray from it every once in a while. -- it would seriously not shock anyone who knows me to see my hair be a completely different color for the wedding. My mom used to say that every time she saw me, my hair was a different color. I've stabilized ... a bit.)

Misty

Visit our Wedding Website

C.A.T., P.O.O.P.

luckymebride Posts : 125 Registered: 12/7/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 8:23 PM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

Yeah, I agree with Cat that since you still have some time, your hair should probably be longer than your profile pic by then. I have shoulder length hair so I am trying to grow out my hair by the time I get married and is difficult because my hair takes forever to grow an inch. My MOH wants me to do a hair extension but I just don't like the thought of having fake hair on my wedding day, also I've heard that it can cost a lot too if you wanted something close to looking 'real and natural'. I can't wait until after my wedding so i can chop off my hair. hehe

wedding web site

Cassiopeia Posts : 85 Registered: 1/1/09
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

If you're looking to have enough hair for an updo, and your hair is the same length as it is in your avatar picture, you should have plenty of time to grow it out enough by your wedding date. I don't think you should worry about extensions at all. And I think your hair is lovely! The natural curl will actually help you be able to hold a style throughout the whole night.

If you want to help your hair grow faster, take prenatal vitamins. I have a hormonal problem that causes my hair, and nails to be brittle and not grow so well. My endocrinologist recomended them to me to help out with that.

anfeesgirl Posts : 25 Registered: 1/25/09
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

thank you everyone for the advice. BUT-
-my profile picture is from 2 years ago, but my hair is about that length
-i have changed what style i want (again, hehe)
i am planning on growing it out as far as possible, but is straighten it alot, so i get dead ends alot too, but the new style i have chosen (and hopefully will stick with) wont require long hair.
again, thanks everyone!

Amy...

On May 8th, 2010, I will be Mrs. Anthony J. Fiore!

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

lol I keep changing my hair too. Although about uhh 8 months ago I got a HORRIBLE hair cut. So horrible I went a few months ago to get my hair highlighted again and she noticed it RIGHT away. Like I don't understand how he cut it the way he did. It's like he took random strands and cut them at random lengths. lol Some way short. Like I had 2" worth of hair in the back and that was a layer... the rest of my hair was a little past my shoulders.

So now i'm growing it out and hoping she can just blend it when the time comes. It's bad when the salon tells you to just wait for a haircut until the short stuff grows out. lol

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine