Keep Each Other Motivated

Online Users: 1,329 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 108

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Re: Keep Each Other Motivated
Posted: Jan 31, 2009 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Thank you. I really appreciate the mediation, Nalamienea. I've gained 20-25 pounds from where I use to be (which was very healthy for me) so I wanted to get back to my old self for my wedding day. If CarribeanBride read my original post instead of jumping in too quickly, she would have noticed that I do not starve myself or do anything to my body thats not healthy, I exercize and eat right to get where I want to be. I'm not forcing anyone else to be my weight, or calling them names because I feel they are being idiotic. I just don't see where she was being helpful, sorry. Its my wedding day and I want to look fabulous, whats wrong with that? :) Oh well. But I will have to say that I havn't weighed myself in a couple of days, but with eating right and exercizing all this week, I've noticed I've gotten a lot more energy :) I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and see where I stand. I'm trying to do the losing 2 pounds a week thing because they say if you lose it slow, you're bound to keep it off longer :)

Jessica696 Posts : 38 Registered: 6/4/08
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

I would just like to say consturctive criticism is always welcome here, but lets all play nice please! This weekend I haven't been able to work out thus far, but I hope to go for a good walk tonight! I also am I afraid tonight that I will eat a little too much, due to super bowl sunday!
Future Mrs. Hardt

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

SweetSunset,
I want you to be happy with the way you look and I believe you were definitely healthy while doing it! Good luck and keep us posted!

Future Mrs. Hardt

MandJ2010 Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

I worked out last night and it went pretty good! My eating didnt go too great yesterday but I am going to try harder today. I got in almost 5000 steps yesterday so I was excited about that!!!! :)

Try not to eat too much tonight girls, I know it will be hard!!!!

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

Thanks Jessica! She just got me on a bad day, we're all entitled to a few of those :) Live and let live.
Did you girls make it thru super bowl ok? I did bad and made a queso dip that I'm sure is not the best thing to be eating, but I didn't go overboard and just had a few chips. I weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 141.5! Woo hoo! I did work out for an hour this morning and I'm keeping the food portions small, but not too small! I started keeping a food/exercize journal so I'm more aware of whats going on day to day. Gotta stay in control!! :)
MandJ- you are a stepping queen! Keep up the good work!

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

Way to go MandJ! I am happy for you! Keep up the good work!

Sweetsunset, you've got the right idea! Smaller portions of the food you love!

My weekend was horrible, I totally blew it! I didn't work out at all saturday, sunday, or monday and didn't eat the best...
Monday night I bought a punching bag and am going to start boxing along with my treadmill workout at home. Wish me luck ladies!

Future Mrs. Hardt

MandJ2010 Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 8:56 AM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

sweetsunset - Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work with the food portions and exercise!
Jessica - Dont get discouraged! You can do it! The punching bag sounds like a great idea! :)

I did alright on superbowl...didnt eat a lot. I'm having trouble keeping up with the workouts. The food overall hasnt been too difficult. On my very busy days all I want to do is come home and relax.
I hope everyone is having a great week!!! :)

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 10:59 AM Go to message in response to: MandJ2010

Jess - I'm sorry about your weekend. Don't worry though, with a new day you can start all over and get right back on track. Never let a day of deviation discourage you, you can always pick it back up the next day :) A punching bag? I need one of those!!! A great way to relieve stress and tone your arms :)

MandJ - Way to go for superbowl!!! Just watching what you eat is a great way to dwindle down the pounds. On your busy days, maybe relaxing is a good idea, then on your days when you're not so busy you can kick in the exercizing full swing.

I'm still hdoin my thing, 1 hour of exercize a day and smaller food portions....
Good Luck girls and hang in there, we're all going to get there! :)

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 6:34 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

So this morning I weighed myself and I am at an even 144. I walked/jogged 2 miles this morning, biked 3.6 miles, and did my weight lifting and crunching. I have no problem with working out, hopefully I can monitor my food intake more closely. Any tips to handle cravings?
Future Mrs. Hardt

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

144? Congrats!!! Thats awesome, you're closer to your goal!!! I have problem with cravings too. With smaller portions comes a rumbling tummy. When I first feel the twinge of hunger pains, I'll immediatly drink water, or I like vitamin water. That usually takes the gurgling feeling away. If it comes back I'll pop a handful of nuts (protein) and a handful of fruit (I like fruit!) and that always seems to work.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 12:35 AM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

So, this morning I weighed myself at I'm at 141.2. I am getting there slowly, but surely! I didn't work out today because i literally had no time too! I went shopping for a lot of my wedding stuff and accomplished quite a bit! YAY ME!!!
I didn't have time for breakfast this morning and for lunch I ate half of a taco salad and had two bud light bottles (kinda my weakness). For dinner i had a lean cuisine meal and a light yogurt.
Tommorrow I will try to make up for my lunch today and work out extra hard!
How are you other ladies doing? Going off course at all or staying on track?

Future Mrs. Hardt

adventurefitnes... Posts : 5 Registered: 6/17/08
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 4:37 AM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

Hey guys; how ru?
It's been a little while since i've posted on the site but I wanna to first say congrats to karen!!!!
Bill is sure a lucky guy!!! congradulations again girl.

To the rest of you guys, soon to take the plunge...congradulations as well. Marriage is a "BIG" step...and a little scary, but I know you guys can really make it work. So no matter what anyone says.."Don't give Up". Even in these rough economic times, you can still make it....

Just want to give you all a heads up. If any of you need any free training, quick weight loss advice, help, guidance, even some makeup samples, just let me know.

I've put a few motivational exercise tips and makeup info on the company's page, on the links below:

https://www.adventurefitnesstraining.com/Adventure_Fitness_TV.html

https://www.adventurefitnesstraining.com/Fitness__Health___Beauty.html

Remember guys, don't give up...you can do it...your Wedding day is very unique and special...and so are you!!!!

If you need any additional help, just shoot me a quick email or text......

Prometheus
info@adventurefitnesstraining.com
609-845-4912

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

So Yesterday I had a 90 calorie breakfast bar for breakfast; a salad, a 90 calorie dried fruit pack and a diet cherry 7 up for lunch; a 90 calorie dried fruit pack and a glass of V8 fusion for snack; a buffalo chicken salad (grilled chicken) with fat free ranch, about a 1/4 cup of whole grain penne with alfredo sauce, 2 pickled okra, and a glass of spicy V8 for dinner. For desert I had a weight watcher version of a twinkie which had 80 calories.
My workout yesterday consisted of biking for 30 minutes, weightlifting, and crunching.

This morning I was running late and was unable to eat breakfast. For my morning workout I biked for 20 minutes and walked at a very fast pace in town for 30 minutes.
For Lunch I had a salad with fat free otts dressing, a light yogurt, 2 pickled okra, and a diet cherry 7 up.
Tonight I plan on having a lean pocket, a salad, and dried fruit.
I also hope to squeeze in some crunches.
Future Mrs. Hardt

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

My plans this evening changed. I had a tuna salad sandwich with light mayo and relish and a salad with fat free dressing for dinner.
I also walked on the treadmill for 2.5 miles maxing out at an incline of 9%. I did just a couple exercises on the ball and I worked my punching bag for only about 1 minute.
Future Mrs. Hardt

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 6:08 PM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

AHHHH!!!! Okay, so I have been really good for the past two weeks. Havnt had anything crazy fattening to eat and if it was fattening, it was very limited. I've been drinking gallons and gallons of water. I'm getting in my fruits, veggies, lean protein. I've also been running a mile a day as well as doing about an hour on my exercize ball. Yet, I went up to 139.5. I believe its muscle but I'm not too sure. I got a fabric measure tape to start keeping track of my inches as my weight is not very motivating...oh well, I won't give up, I want to start dress hunting soon.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine