wedding band ideas?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

bunnybear05 Posts : 157 Registered: 1/7/09
wedding band ideas?
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 6:36 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of their solitares with a diamond wedding band? I'm looking at wedding bands to go with my .50 carat round cut solitaire. I haven't actually gone in stores yet cause I want to wait and go with my DF, but I can't help but to browse online at rings. I would like a eternity diamond band, but I also like the vintage look of pave diamonds. I have seen some cute ones that ranged from 1/4 TCW to 1 TCW and I am just not sure how they would look in comparison to my ring. If anyone happens to have any pics or links, would you please be so kind to post them? Thanks

areagan85 Posts : 21 Registered: 1/12/09
Re: wedding band ideas?
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 12:02 AM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

Hi! I do not have an eternity band or a pave diamond band but I will send you the link the the band that I will have (he's already bought it and we've had it sized) and then a link to my engagement ring (it is also a solitaire). Maybe that can help you get some ideas of what it will look like. I can't show you together on my hand because he has the wedding band with him.

Wedding Band

Engagement Ring

Hope this helps you some! I personally love the look of my rings on my hand... most solitaires I have seen are with a sold band with no diamond.

wedding countdown

Edited by: areagan85 on Jan 25, 2009 12:03 AM

communist Posts : 26 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 5:06 AM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

Hello,

Choosing a wedding band is not an esy task, well i picked my wedding band fromonline bridal jewelry store, they have a nice collection of wedding band, it is made of gold studded with tiny diamond on the front side of it.

Regards,
sarah_9

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

There are many types of diamond wedding bands, so you might want to look around online and familiarize yourself with what's available.

One note on pave: the vintage style is very 'in' right now, so you may want to think about whether a ring of that style will 'date you' many years from now. If you truly love the look, you may not care, but if you care about that sort of thing, you might want to think about a more classic style.

I have a channel-set diamond wedding band and my e-ring is a round solitaire. I can probably take a photo and post it when I have time. My BIL, who is a jeweler and made both rings, recommended a diamond band with small prong-set diamonds, since the setting would lift them up so that they'd be closer to the e-ring stone. (Or something like that. He articulated it better than I am, but I think that was the general idea) I didn't like that look, as the band didn't look good on its own without the e-ring, and I wanted the option of wearing my wedding band alone. I also didn't like the idea of many small prongs, since the prongs on my e-ring get caught on enough stuff as it is! Stylistically, I also preferred the look of the channel setting, as it is more streamlined. I love it - it looks great with or without my e-ring, and it doesn't get caught on stuff, so I don't have to take it off (and risk losing it) if I'm doing something with my hands.

That's a good point: definitely consider comfort and utility as much as style. In fact, they should both be MORE important!

Also consider your e-ring. For instance, the band on my e-ring is pretty wide - wider than I would have picked, anyway. Originally, I wanted a Celtic style wedding band, but they can't make them any thinner than 5mm, and with a 3mm e-ring, they looked a little silly. After ruling that out, I looked at plain rings, since I prefer simple jewelry, but they also looked weird (to me) with my e-ring because of the width of the band. With a plain band, there was a TON of gold, and it made my stone look tiny, even though it's a good size diamond. I ended up going with a diamond band simply because nothing else looked right with my e-ring. I blame my BIL for picking too wide a band (again, he made it and DH gave him no instructions on the width of the band), but it's honestly the most comfortable ring in the world, which makes up for the difficulty in finding a good wedding band to go with it!

Also consider your hands. If you have very small hands, a lot of bling might look like too much on you...though you're the best judge of what constitutes 'too much'!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 12:41 PM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

Hi, thanks for the replies. I actually tried on a couple over the weekend. What I noticed that the problem is, is that the solitare is a 6 prong one. And it holds the diamond closer to my finger. So all the bands that I tried on had a gap between the two because of the bottom prong. So far the only one that I saw online that might work without a big gap is this one

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-wedding-ring_8133?nav1=jewelry_segment.jsp&show_all_pages=1&catid=8&set_shape=

I am also enteraining the idea of just doing a diamond eternity band and just dealing with the gap.
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-eternity-ring_5765?nav1=jewelry_segment.jsp&show_all_pages=1&catid=8&set_shape=

DF keeps insisting that in a year or so he wants to chnage the engagement ring to be the one he really wants me to have ( a little bigger, more diamonds on the side etc) I really don't want to but it seems important to him. My one thing is that im insisting on keeping the original stone on the ring somehow, make it a side stone or keep it as the main stone and add smaller ones to teh side. preferably make it a diamond eternity band with the solitare in the middle.
So he keeps saying don't get all extravagent with the band because it might all change. Now I really don't like that idea because if I get the cheaper U shaped one, I won't be able to wear it after he switches out the design on the e-ring, but if I do the eternity band, I could always wear it on the other hand if/when we do switch things out. Do you guys think it looks tacky when there is a gap between the e-ring and the band? I have to find some way to post a pic so you can see what I mean about the e-ring

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 1:27 PM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

Ok, so I added my ring in the photo album, you can see a profile shot. Ill try to add it in thispost

bunniekrissy Posts : 10 Registered: 1/16/09
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 3:19 PM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

My mom had her wedding band custom made so it tapers inwards (gets thinner) at the top part next to the diamond in her engagement ring. That way, it fits against it instead of being held away leaving a gap. That doesn't apply to wedding bands with diamonds, though.

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: bunniekrissy

I don't have a solitare, but I have a gap between my rings. It's no big deal.

I have a brilliant cut three stone ring with pave stones on the band. My wedding band is totally not what you'd expect (pave band would've made sense) but I ended up liking a band with three round diamonds alternating with baguette diamonds. The way the three diamonds are on the band alternate perfectly with the ones on my Ering..

But I guess my point is.. I wouldn't have expected that one to look so cool, so try stuff out and see what you like. I have a space between because 3 stone rings don't usually sit flush with bands, but I don't like the curved bands because I also like the idea of wearing the band alone sometimes. It's really about whatever you like!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

I don't have a solitaire, and I have blue sapphires, but my e ring was not set up and I didn't want a gap. I was able to find a ring that curves around the ering and it looks like a set. Since it was in a custom jewelers, they already had the cast, I didn't have to pay extra and I was able to get alternating diamonds and blue sapphires.

You have SO many options, so keep looking until you have a better handle on what you want as you will be wearing it for the rest of your life.

jenle Posts : 62 Registered: 4/7/07
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 9:20 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I love the look of an eternity band with a solitaire. It adds such beautiful sparkle. A jeweler should be able to help you find the right ring so the gap isn't too noticeable, if you decide to go with the eternity band.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: jenle

Thanks for the suggestions. I think that I might just go the pave eternity band route. Deal wth a bit of a gap. Then later on when he wants to change the setting on my e-ring, we will just put the stone on another eternity band, maybe with more small diamonds encircling the diamond itself.

IdealD Posts : 3 Registered: 2/8/09
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 9:22 AM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

Here's site that may help..I've linked you with a thread on diamond wedding ring sets for you to get an idea of how certain sets will look together. I think the gap is a very personal thing some ladies are very fussed about it whilst others aren't.

There really are some beautiful rings on this site........

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=24556

IdealD

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: IdealD

thanks, ill check out the site!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine