What food and drinks are you serving at your reception?

Online Users: 1,247 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Re: What food and drinks are you serving at your reception?
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: racegrrl720

It's so cool to see such a verity of styles out there!

History = I grew up with a single mom, I never went wothout ALWAYS had want I needed and some of my wants. James grew up with a single mom too but in poverty his needs were hardly met.

Me = In my head I had invisioned this outdoor backyard wedding with everyone dressed casual and the breeze blowing perfectly. The food was all pot-luck, everyone brought a favorite dish and we had an aray of deserts and a small wedding cake to cut. Little white christmas lights everywhere and candles.

James = because he has worked hard all of his life to get what he wanted decided he wanted the best of the best his money could get him. He wanted to be KING for the day and wanted his bride to look like his QUEEN. He wanted to have a wedding everyone would remember; He got what he wanted. And we didn't go into debt to get it eihter.

All of your guy's oplans sound GREAT!
I so love that picnic idea that sounds awsome.

My honey bought me a NEW car for my Birthday! 

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Nanette, thank you for the kind words! We are very excited. I believe it was $99pp before tax and gratuity. Our wedding is two weeks before they switch to peak prices of $125pp before tax etc for the same package! Sounds like your wedding was beautiful, and I love the idea of king/queen for a day!

I looove the brunch wedding idea, can't remember who said that. That sounds wonderful!
Now I'm hungry..

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

SteffMay2009....are you getting married at St. Clements Castle??

I am too!!! just in 2010. And I know that menu well...lol....we have been looking at all the options too. Did you go to the bridal show on Sunday? Have any of the food?

I could not believe how good the chicken fingers were! I know its a basic thing, but they were good!

What room are you in?

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 3:32 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

i got so excited about someone else sharing the same venue as me, I forgot to answer your question. lol

For non-alcoholic drinks, there is always soda and water. But, Iced Tea and Lemonade are great choices too! So is hot tea and coffee. (all my Dad drinks is coffee, so there might be people there like that as well)

Cassiopeia Posts : 85 Registered: 1/1/09
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Toast - So many people in my family love Belini Iced Tea, I am thinking of having pitchers at every table. (belini iced tea is a really yummy peach tea)

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia....thats so cool. sounds good too!

I want to have apple cider in pitchers at each table for mine!

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Toast,

I AM getting married at St. Clements! That's hilarious that you could recognize it by the menu! And I was at the bridal show this weekend too! Small world (or internet). I'm in the Waterford Room. We're hoping the ceremony will be outside facing the river, but since it's early May, we might end up inside in the art gallery. My planner actually just called and said we can pick 2 more apps, so that's exciting news! Which room are you in? That place is just so cool!

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Im not so sure its "hilarious" that I knew it was St. Clements by the menu....more like lame and sad. LOL! Its just that we re-read thru the booklet this weekend when we got it. (We put our deposit down in August).

We are in the other ballroom....Prince Edward. Both are soooooooo nice, but the Waterford room was already booked. But, Prince Edward seems to fit us and our style better anyway. We have the stables, which I think is just too cool!!

We are hoping to do the ceremony in the sunken garden! The riverfront is sooooo nice though! Im sure you will get a sunny day!! But if not, the art gallery is just as cool!

And you have that courtyard with all the vines....I love that!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine