Help! Virgin Bride RIGHT Here!

Online Users: 1,300 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Erika322 Posts : 6 Registered: 12/30/08
Help! Virgin Bride RIGHT Here!
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 12:11 PM

Ok, ladies, I have a question. In all seriousness (though it might sound very silly), I have no idea what to "wear" on my wedding night. Granted, I have a LOT of time to figure it out, I'm kind of psyching myself out over it and have been for years (way before I was engaged).

I'll cut to the chase. Both my fiance and I are virgins and we're waiting until we're married to be physically intimate. The thing is I'm self-conscious about my body and the idea of him seeing me naked terrifies me. I know lingerie usually helps to make women feel sexier but being in the situation that I have never worn it and him never having seen me in all my naked glory, I think I might feel a little (pardon my wording) skanky just because it's something SO out of the norm for me. I should also go ahead and say that I have never seen any part of him naked (excluding his shirt being off) and the same goes for him (except he has never seen me with my shirt off). We are both totally new to this whole thing and it is going to be a total discovery for both of us.

So, what is "expected" on the wedding night? I want our first time to be totally comfortable and all about pure and innocent lovemaking. Is lacey lingerie appropriate? A sexy bra and panties underneath my pink silky bathrobe after I get out of the shower? A cami and cute Victoria's Secret lady boxers w/ sexy panties & a bra underneath to give him more to take off? Nothing at all underneath the silky bathrobe? I'm totally at a loss and the idea of wearing a flippin sheer piece of white lingerie with a blue bow and veil hanging off the tooshie does not sound comfortable to me at all.

Help, help, help!

--Erika

Edited by: Erika322 on Jan 29, 2009 12:40 PM

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Re: Help! Virgin Bride RIGHT Here!
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: Erika322

Some lingerie can be quite tasteful and not sheer! I'd take a look at what's out there from the comfort of your home via the internet! (That's how I found mine!)
http://www.pamperedpassions.com/wedding_lingerie_248_ctg.html might have some you'll like. I would stick with babydolls, they flatter all shapes!
Personally I like this one Maribou Babydoll but whatever suits your tastes I'm sure he'll love!

AshleyNJoey Posts : 15 Registered: 1/11/09
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 7:18 PM Go to message in response to: Erika322

So, first you need to not stress so much about this! You have plenty of other things to worry about besides what to wear!

All of the ideas you had were great. I'm sure he will be happy with anything you wear, so find something that you will feel comfortable in. My fave things are the babydolls that cover a little (I too am very self-conscious about my body), but still show a little. Unfortunately most of these come with thongs (EEEK if you aren't comfy about that!!), but go for a lacy boy-short style to with it. You will feel more comfortable, since you are still covered up a little, but still sexy without feeling "skanky".

Like PP said, check it out online to get an idea of what you might like/feel good in. Sites like www.victoriassecret.com and www.fredericks.com have good selections. And if you think that the "bridal" ones are not for you, look for something in a fun color, or even his favorite color. There are endless combinations of tops and bottoms that can be found, so just browse around!! Just make sure you feel comfortable in whatever you choose to wear, or you won't be comfortable for anything else!!

Good luck!!

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 7:48 PM Go to message in response to: AshleyNJoey

People might not agree with this (not sure), but I think if you are that nervous about your first night, why not try things with the lights out? You'll have plenty of time later to get comfortable with him seeing you naked. If that is going to be a big stressor, I say get rid of the stress.

Of course, if you don't like that idea, I agree with others who say that you can buy lingerie that's pretty but not skanky. I would go to an actual lingerie store (are there any La Senza stores in the States?) and not, like, a sex shop :P

Also, this may sound cheesey, but I know someone in the same boat as you, and to get more comfortable around each others bodies PRIOR to physical intimacy, they hung out together sometimes in their bathing suits. I know it sounds cheesey, but it really seemed to help!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Erika322

I'd say, you have your entire honeymoon and life together to figure out what to wear. I'd wear something you'd feel totally comfortable in for the first time. Like some shorts and a tank top or if you're more comfortable in a bra and panties then do that. Have you tried asking him what he'd like you to wear. Maybe he has an image of you in his mind that he wouldn't mind sharing. Talk to him...

Mrs. Pinky

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

vday.gif picture by jenny3_26_05

Our Wedding Website 

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: Erika322

As everyone else has said, make sure you wear something you will be comfortable in. I personally brought 2 simple, pretty nighties on my honeymoon. One was white and kind of filmy (I wore this one first), the other was a very pretty shade of light pink. Both had little straps and came down to about my upper thigh. They were pretty, comfortable, and simple, yet sexy.

For some people who are nervous about being naked together at first, it helps to take a nice romantic bath together first. If you add bubbles, that can help "hide" things a little until you're more used to it, too. And you can cuddle and kiss in the warm water, and just have a really nice time warming up to your first time. :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine