Post your best weight loss tips here

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Re: Post your best weight loss tips here
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: mizbex

Eating no meat isn't exactly a good thing. If you're just trying to lose weight and not tone at all I guess it can be done. Best bet is to get some Soy Protine if you want to cut out all meat yet still add muscle.

A big thing that has helped many is green tea. I use to get the lipton diet green tea and that helped me lose some weight considering I stoped drinking soda. BUT this stuff still has too much sugar and addatives. Best bet is to make your own green tea. Green tea is awesome stuff!

Right now i'm working out when I can (I can't do it before work just yet since I just started back after being lazy for a year and MAN i'm hurting! I have to lift a LOT at work so I can't be hurting) and playing with the Wii fit ;)
I've also changed my eating habits. I'm HORRIBLE at skipping meals. Granted I ALWAYS have breakfast and latley it's been FiberOne cerial (good stuff) and half a cup of orange juice so I can take my morning Omega 3 fish oil pill.
I got some Luna bars to snack on and some light yogurt for an additive for lunch or just another snack. I'm TRYING to eat 5 times a day and eating light.
I'm also doing one soy protine shake a day. For one it's great for the female health and it'll also help greatly for building muscle.

Thats all i've got for now.

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

MrsGrimm Posts : 39 Registered: 3/30/08
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

High in fiber and low in fat and cals works for me. Def. eating breakfast and a lot of water!

- Married November 23, 2008-

weding2061.jpg picture by jazzy_expo

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: MrsGrimm

Obviously we all know that to lose weight you have to eat right and exercise.

What I always hated was exercising when I was out of shape, it was so discouraging and then I would just give up.

For people who might want to take a shot at running "interval" training is a great way to get in shape fast. Run for 10 minutes, walk for 1 sort of thing. You can do long distance but keep it slow. Just set a distance for yourself and never stop, you can slow down, even walk...crawl...I don't care...just never stop until you reach the distance you set for yourself.

Little things like walking your dog more often, or going for hikes are great ways to get in some activity and maybe even get in some extra quality time with FH.

I stopped bussing everywhere and started walking, stopped taking the elevator and started taking the stairs. If I had a far way to go and I need to take a bus, I get off two or three stops earlier and walk the rest of the way.

As for food--I am a vegetarian but I haven't always been so I will try to throw out some meat-eating tips as well.

Well, we all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. To jump start that metabolism you need to eat something within 90 minutes of waking, the sooner the better!
Try to eat a really healthy and well rounded breakfast to get all of the food groups into you right away. My favourite breakfast is eggs, because you can make it in a variety of ways, never get bored and add so many nutritious vegetables into it. Things like red peppers and onions and spinach barely have any calories but are so filling and packed with miners...so an omelet with a piece of whole grain toast and a glass or orange juice is a great way to kick off the morning.

Also, to keep your metabolism working, you should be eating pretty constantly, just tiny little heatlhy snacks everywhere.

I like to plan what I am going to eat for dinner at night, FH and I will cook something nutritious together. If it is pre-planned, then I know that I have the proper groceries for it in stock or that FH or I will have to pick something up on the way home. If we didn't, we would probably get home and not have any nutritious ingredients and than either order delivery or make something like a starchy pasta with cheese sauce.
Make sure to stay constantly stocked with your favourite and healthy ingredients.

There are some foods out there that trick you into being calorie-friendly but aren't, like fruit, it is packed with sugar! Obviously there is a lot of nutritional value to it, just moderation is key. In fact, one of my favourite breakfasts is whole grain french toast loaded with fresh blueberries and raspberries.

Another trick that advertisers do is that "low fat" or "low carb" options. When something is "low fat" it just means that that they will pack in more carbohydrates to make up for that lack of fat, so look at the calories if you are okay with that. (some people don't look at calories)

A big thing is dairy, try to drink skim milk or use skim milk cheese if you aren't already.

Switch to whole grains and stay clear of white enriched carbs.

And remember to treat yourself, if you diet for a week without a single piece of that dairy chocolate that you used to eat a bar of everyday...you will probably end up eating 5.

There are so many healthy alternatives to the bad foods that we crave like instead of potato chips, eat pita chips that are easy to make with some rosemary to give it some nice flavour. Or instead of icecream go for the frozen yogurt.

Sorry, wow, I have typed A LOT. I will stop now...

soontobeacartwr... Posts : 2 Registered: 1/22/09
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

the best suggestion i have is diet.. and WII FIT! i just got one a little over a month ago... i have been eating really healthy.. and i have lost 15 pounds since i got it! its wonderful. you can do it at home, it stresses posture and not over doing it. its easy and you can fit it in whenever you can!

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeacartwr...

haha yup Wii fit is really fun too :) The FH and I are actually trying to out do each other. Although i'm going to the gym too so I don't do it as much. I think i'll go to the gym and hop on the Wii tomorrow though. I have to beat some of his scores.. lol

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

SocietyChic Posts : 6 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

One Word- PROTIEN. Try some wild Alaska salmon, miracle food. Just make sure it's wild and not farm raised!

ilovehim Posts : 179 Registered: 6/8/06
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 9:41 AM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

Hi, didn't read all the posts, so I apologize if I repeat something.

First, the weight didn't come on fast, so methods that promise to "lose weight fast" usually aren't going to work. Or they do work for a short period of time, but then we all know what happens....here comes the weight and usually more than you had to begin with. There is no "magic bullet" it is eating in moderation and eating a variety of good healthy food.

Anyway, my tip is this: Eat off a 9" plate. Serving sizes (proper serving sizes, not necessarily the ones on the box) are based off 9" plates and those small plates seem to hold just the right amount of food. You'll be satisfied but not so full that you want to go jump off a bridge. Smaller portions = fewer calories = life style change and permanent weight loss.
So, toss out those platter size plates and find some 9" buddies, don't heap your food and don't go back for seconds. Easy cheesy.

I'm from Louisiana.  The home of good food, bad education, and highly opinionated Catholics.

Love, 

Rebecca

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: ilovehim

I just got a pedometer and it has really helped me be aware of how much I am moving around. Sitting at a desk all day can really make you put on pounds. So this way I know in my mind that I need to get up and move around. 10,000 steps per day!

1eONm4.png

preview image

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine