Heat wave - now with pics

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

Gothicprincess Posts : 192 Registered: 3/3/07
Heat wave - now with pics
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 12:53 AM

I would just like to say its bloody hot down under.
Where i am (Melbourne) its currently 43 degrees celius, thats a 109.4 fahrenheit. Its going to be like this until Sunday. i hate not having air conditioning.

Edited by: Gothicprincess on Jan 30, 2009 8:47 AM

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Re: Heat wave
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 8:56 AM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

Gothic....send your heat up to New York, we are getting 8-12 inches of snow today, on top of the 2 feet of snow that we already have!! I really don't want to look at snow anymore.

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

MrsL I'm so with you on not wanting to see snow anymore. I woke up to more snow and it ruined my morning. I'm over winter already. I started my countdown to my vacation already...3 weeks and 3 days to go.

I'd be happy for a heatwave but not 104 F!! Sheesh! I'd be melting.

~~~~~~~~
together is a perfect place to be because it's there that you can be delightfully imperfect. and there's nothing closer to perfection than being loved just because you are. 

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 10:35 AM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

Whew, I can't believe you don't have A/C in that kind of weather! What on earth are you doing to cool down? I'd have about ten fans pointed straight at me...and I'd be sitting on the floor in front of the fridge with the door open.

I'm not sick of snow yet. We had our first snowfall of the year here yesterday, and it was fun, fluffy snow...until it rained overnight and now everything is covered with ice. I haven't fallen on my ass yet, but it's only a matter of time...

DaisypathWedding Ticker

MrsM2009 Posts : 422 Registered: 3/16/08
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Heh, I fell on my ass this morning walking the dog in the lovely DC ice. She couldn't even go to the bathroom - the whole park we take her to was just a sheet of ice! So really all that came from the experiece was a nice bruise for me!!

109 though - that's pretty major! I LOVE warm weather, but even that might be a bit much for me :)

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

lol we rent and the owners wont be air conditioner in.
its even too hot for the fans, we had two on us last night and all it did was blow hot air around, i think we ended up having bout 10 ice cold shower last night. Today is just the same i start work at 6.30am and it was already 34 degrees. To top it off the air conditioning at work it slowing down and not putting out much cool air since we have had it running the last few days, it cant cope.

So all you new yorkers can have this weather, bring on winter i say lol

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

HOLY CRAP no way could I deal with that kind of heat. I do not envy you one bit.
Im in New York too and Ill take winter and snow ANYDAY over heat and humidity. YUCK.
Seriously in that kind of oppresive heat, I feel like Im about to die. The littlest movement makes me sweat and I just feel disgusting and horrible. And no airconditioning??? Well thats just inhumane.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 7:34 PM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

Gothic, hubby and I have been watching the Australian Open off and on. They keep reporting the temperatures while the tennis matches are going on, and the temps have varied from 120 to 140 degrees F. Holy CRAP! I don't know how any of those players are managing to play a good game in those kinds of temps.

Sorry you're dealing with heat like that. That sucks.

Just thought I'd mention I live in California and the weather is great here right now....Aaaaaahhhh.....

SoonToBeAWard Posts : 280 Registered: 5/22/06
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

I know how you feel! I live in Perth and it has been a stinking hot start to the year for us. I felt for you guys over in Melbourne last night though - 35 degree minimum overnight. Unbearable! Stay cool.

:: Lisa x ::

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 9:13 PM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeAWard

Ok I got it, we'll send you some of our weather (snow/ice and windchills in the -teens farenheight last week) and you can send us some of your heat! We'll all be happier!!
But seriously, I don't know how you manage without A/C! I'd die! The heat and humidity aggravate my asthma so I probably really would die! Will they let you get window A/C units?? they're not as efficient but they sure help! Oh and a tip from my cousin in AZ--she puts a bowl of ice in front of the fan--as it melts it helps cool the air blowing on her. (or so she claims!) Good luck!

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 7:29 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeAWard

firstly yay another aussie lol

Kelley its very inhumane, i grew up with ac so not having its just plan hell

Happy girl - at least they can close the roof at the tennis, on the main court, i feel sorry for the poor bastards who get the outside courts, its just plan cruel. plus insane, there is no way i would be playing tennis over 30 degrees let alone 40, crazy!

Lisa - i just saw the weather report and looks like perth is in for a nice day, top of 30 degrees. Whereas melbournes made me die a little inside lol a top of 43 AGAIN

Carebear - thanks for the tip.

We stop until 11pm up at the local shopping centre, bummed around then went and watched Underworld 3.... i actually got goose bumps sitting in the cinema, soon went away when we got to the car. Its still 33 outside. Now back at the house and i think its the same inside maybe even a bit warmer
Blah to heat waves

Franko Posts : 128 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 7:48 AM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

wow, 43, are you for real, that is so hot, is it always so hot or just this year?

I bought our rings @

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 8:09 AM Go to message in response to: Franko

yeah, we have a few 40+ heat waves during the summer but it mostly stays in the mid to late 30's

Its a bit of a shock to the system since we have had a nice summer til now. hasnt really been that hot, prob 35 at most.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 8:06 AM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

Update.

It was 45 today, which was ok til it got to 12.30 and the air con at work once again crapped itself, it was like being in a sauna. by the time i left at 2.30 its was 32 degrees inside. but yay the kinda cool change hit a little bit ago but now its gone humid as hell. better than the dry heat of the day tho.

anyways im gonna post a picture of a huntsman (spider) that greeted and scared the hell out of me when i was opening the blind to open the window. i screamed and its ran up the wall lol

huntsman.jpg picture by Donny11

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

It's been a wonderful 64 degrees F in CA all week. Feel better? lol :P

Just Married...9.20.08

Formerly BenjaminsBride 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift