Where Would You Live?

Online Users: 1,300 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 34

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Re: Where Would You Live?
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Linda Jo,
I didn't grow up in CA. I grew up in TX and witnessed many tornadoes. Let me tell you, those are WAY scarier than earthquakes. I was born in SoCal, grew up in TX since I was 2yrs old, and moved back to SoCal when I was 24.

And there's your Tobi history lesson for the day!!!

Tobi & Brian - April 21, 2008

Photobucket

Sandals Grande Spa & Beach Resort, St. Lucia

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

Eeeek! Glad I haven't seen any tornadoes! I think the scariest thing would be a tsunami!

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

DH and I decided just this week that living on a boat would be preferable, so we can sail to New Orleans and Belize whenever we feel like it is time for a change. Realistically though, we will be staying here in FL for a while longer. I am from here and love it - but I miss New Orleans every single day (it was our honeymoon destination) and I told FH that as soon as I am able to bid on a postal job in the city, I would like to move there for about 8 months or so, just to be able to spend more time there and really enjoy the carnival season and Christmas-time was so lovely there - I really loved every minute of it.
I wouldn't want to decide on somewhere permantently that Ihave never been for a while first, it may not be all it is cracked up tp be - but I like the boat idea so we can come back home and see our families whenever we please - and sail anywhere else we want whenever we please too - I worked with a lady for w hile who did this and she had traveled the Caribbean for 4 years and then went up the eastern seaboard as well - only one problem iwth this idea...I get motion sick very easily, lol - but I read that they make a watch for you to wear that negates the effect quite well - an essential investment to our plan I am sure.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I don't think we're at a position to decide. But I love the snow and beach so I've always wanted to live in Maine...that's my pick. Linda Jo and I could hang everyday! :)

Mrs. Pinky

vday.gif picture by jenny3_26_05

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jan 31, 2009 6:43 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

hehe Maybe we'll just pool all our money together to buy a "Brides.com Island" and then we could all live there! We could all hang together and oogle over the magazine and be online. hehehe

oh and EH and FH optional! :P

IMG_7120.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine