Eating for your Blood Type

Online Users: 1,261 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 8

ChrissLady Posts : 1,352 Registered: 4/5/06
Eating for your Blood Type
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 10:15 AM

Has anyone heard of this? I ran across the book in Barnes and Noble this weekend. Interesting concept, just wondering if anyone else had come across the idea.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Re: Eating for your Blood Type
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 2:35 PM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

Hey Chris, I think I heard of the book, but never really looked into it. It does sound interesting. Let me know what you find out.

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I bought it out of curiosity, and read most of it for my and DH's bloodtypes, O and A, respectively. It's really shocking, honestly. For instance, O is the oldest blood type, so basically any O bloodtype should maintain diet with a high level of beef and stay away from grain and diary. The reasoning behind this is because back before agriculture and domestication, man hunting animal and eat grasses. It's really interesting stuff. DH for instance, should eat beef because his body doesn't have the digestive juice strength to break it down. We don't eat much beef anyone. They got a few website out there. I just google blood type diet.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

WOW, I may now have to go to the library & get the book. However, I'm not sure what my blood type is. Ugh.

MissLynne Posts : 4 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I've heard about this too. One of my soon-to-be in-laws was talking about it at Xmas dinner. He said that type O should eat mostly fruits, vegetables, and occasional meat (Hunter/Gather type), type A should eat more grains (Farmer type), and type B is the meat and cheese eating type (he claimed it's because type B originated in Mongolia, where they were nomadic but kept goat herds). I don't know if there's any science behind it, it kind of makes sense, but I don't know if he's right about the origins of the blood types. Does it go into that in the book?

thanks!
~Lynne

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 9:04 AM Go to message in response to: MissLynne

Yeah, it goes into it. The O type is the oldest of bloodtypes and since they evolved before the agriculture we should stay away from grains and such. Oh, and pork is bad for everybody. Just broke my heart!

ilovehim Posts : 179 Registered: 6/8/06
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 9:22 AM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

Just a caution: any diet that says you should exclude any group of food is NOT based on actual science. Everyone should eat a well balanced diet on a daily basis. Lots of fruit and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, legumes, poultry, fish, mono and polyunsaturated fats (yes, you HAVE to have a sourc of fat in your diet) etc etc.

And pork is not bad, it is actually a lean meat once you cut that little ribbon of fat off and cook it in a healthy way. It is an excellent source of B vitamins. Much healthier than red meat. Also, on average people only need about 6 oz of meat per day. That is a very small amount. If you can imagine getting a steak at a restaurant, usually the smallest they come is 8 oz. That is a 2 oz larger portion than you should eat all day.

Just be careful what you believe ladies. A lot of that stuff is garbage.

I'm from Louisiana.  The home of good food, bad education, and highly opinionated Catholics.

Love, 

Rebecca

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: ilovehim

Here's a Barnes and Noble link to some of the books, if you're interested. The library may carry them, too.

http://books.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?SRT=R&WRD=blood%20type&AREF=1521&DREF=1,33,540

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 8:27 AM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine