Maggie Dress and Veil?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

JessicaNJeremy Posts : 2 Registered: 8/19/08
Maggie Dress and Veil?
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 4:47 PM

I wanted to buy the Maggie Sottero dress "Marilyn" and its open back, however, I do want a veil to wear. Any suggestions? Or should I not even bother with a veil?

Ashley223 Posts : 2 Registered: 9/9/08
Re: Maggie Dress and Veil?
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: JessicaNJeremy

They do make veils are that quite short now. You could always try one of those. It would leave the back of the dress visible (which is gorgeous by the way!) and still let you have your veil.

MsMeghann Posts : 147 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: JessicaNJeremy

hey Jessica! I'll be wearing a Maggie too (the Talia), which is a strapless dress with a corsette back. I've put on the dress twice (once for selection, once more to make sure it was "the one") and I would suggest asking your bridal salon for help. theres a good chance these people have seen it all, and could help you make your decision on veil or no veil. i tried on all kinds, and so far i've decided to go with a full length veil, and will only wear it for the ceremony.

definitely try on everything and anything you want, ask questions, take pictures, bring your wedding entourage, whatever you need to feel comfortable - remember: its YOUR day!

good luck!

~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~
Soon to be Mrs. Scherrer
www.MattandMeghann.com

jeepgirl179 Posts : 3 Registered: 10/25/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: JessicaNJeremy

JessicaNJeremy wrote:
I wanted to buy the Maggie Sottero dress "Marilyn" and its open back, however, I do want a veil to wear. Any suggestions? Or should I not even bother with a veil?

The Marilyn dress has SUCH an awesome back, you could go without a veil and just do a cool sparkly headband and a great hairdo (I like the girl wearing it in the ad, I think it looks great with her hair down.)

"It is never too late to be what you might have been. " -- George Eliot

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: jeepgirl179

I would wear any length you wanted, just make sure it is sheer and probably only one layer past your shoulders. I had a dress with a very unique, open back and I wore a cathedral length veil, but it was only one layer and you can still see the back in all the pictures.
Grandexit.jpg picture by linzrene
help.jpg picture by linzrene

ticker

Enid277 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/26/09
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: JessicaNJeremy

I have will be wearing this dress for my upcoming wedding
and have the same dilemma regarding a veil.

I would love to know what you decided in the end! Do you have any photographs?

Thanks

Enid xx

molly4 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/12/12
Posted: Dec 12, 2012 2:20 AM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

Where can i find that first dress on your post with the bestbridalprices.com?? Do you know what brand it is? Cant seem to find it anywhere!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine