Tiara or no?

Online Users: 1,373 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 37

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: Tiara or no?
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: Candyandeli

Personally I love my tiara so much I'm thinking of bucking 'fashion' and going fashion forward (aka fashion hopefull) and trying to reintroduce the tiara to everyday use <G> .... after the wedding of course.

It looks good with my PJs though... and with my straight hair not done at all. So why should it be any different than a sparkly headband?

Yes, I know ..... BAD CAT (I just wanna wear the tiara I never wanted until I saw this one all the time)

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

tinka79 Posts : 24 Registered: 9/8/08
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

I say go for it! It is your wedding if you like it wear it..... If you want to make your hunny happy why not go for a half up style so your is is still partially down but then you will also have hair to hold it in place!!!! Make yourself happy thats what is important!

tnichelle1485 Posts : 119 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: tinka79

Personally, I think tiaras are highly overdone when it comes to weddings and am not a fan of them in general. Needless to say, I will not be wearing one when I walk down the aisle. HOWEVER, your wedding is your day. So, I say do what you want. Don't worry so much about what other people think you should do for your wedding...do what you want! If you are concerned with what your FH would like (which I can certainly understand), maybe do a half up-half down hairstyle with the tiara...that way you have the best of both worlds. Good luck:*)

~We're getting married on "Loving Day!"...June 12, 2010...He asked if I'd be with him forever and of course my answer was yes

Cassiopeia Posts : 85 Registered: 1/1/09
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

I will wear the same tiara my sister did for her wedding. I'm not that big on trends, and I am going to actively try to avoid every other fashion trend (No strapless, no pickup skirt) but come on? What other day of my life will I get to wear a tiara!

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

My dress is an A-Line Halter with a very simple skirt and a sweep train (I love it) and you could not have convinced me to BUY a strapless for the world -- but the sales lady did talk me into trying one on. It was okay, but it was not what I wanted for my gown.

My friend who got married on the day I got engaged got a strapless--and that is the only thing she tried on; however, she had no idea what she wanted when she went in. I knew I did not want strapless! And I don't get the pick up skirts -- I know they are popular, and the brides here who's dresses I've seen who have them (apologies for THAT sentence construction) all look amazingly beautiful -- but I feel that the dress would look absolutely ridiculous on me.

And I had NO INTENTION WHATSOEVER of buying a tiara. None, nada, zip.

Then I saw one that had a claddagh in it and was actually reasonable. The claddagh is our 'hidden mickey' we're challenging people to find all of them! (aisle decorations, wedding rings, my bracelet, my tiara, my bridesmaids' necklaces, our cake topper, the groomsmen's kilt pin, our logo -- so the program, the invitation, the wax seal for the invitation, we just nixed the unity candle, but it had it in it too) But I so love my tiara.

I know not everyone wants one, and I think that you'll look beautiful with or without! But for me, my tiara was more of an "Ooooooh" than my dress. I found it when I wasn't looking, and I love love LOVE my tiara.

Misty

wedding countdown

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I think Cat really, really likes her tiara

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I have seen your dress, Cat and I love it. I would love a pic of your tiara. Mine will be my "Something borrowed"

I'm actually looking for a dress with sleeves, just because no one in this generation has one.

MrsBiery Posts : 56 Registered: 6/8/07
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

I was reading some of the posts, but didnt get all of the way through. I also have very fine hair, my DH loves my long hair and I had a tiara on my wedding day. I had a 1/2 up 1/2 down look with curls down the back. The shop where I went also used a lot of bobbie pins in my hair to hold the tiara in place, so even if you decide to wear your hair down it will stay in.
MrsBiery2b

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 10:58 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

good luck with the sleeves Cassiopia! Try Eden Bridal, they do have some sleeved dresses

Here's my tiara:

(The claddagh and the trinity knot are all over our designs...and this one has both)

Misty

wedding countdown

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 11:05 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

Here are some sleeved ones from Eden Bridals

Misty

wedding countdown

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

That's a great tiara! And thanks for the dress suggestions, but I'm actually thinking of getting a custom gown. I found a gown with a bodice I loved, but it had one of the pickup skirts. So I want to have that gown custom made with a plain a-line skirt. It will truely be a unique gown :)

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

that will be awesome!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your dress. I like the simple skirts personally.

Misty

wedding countdown

BellaBeautifulB... Posts : 78 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Cat~ I like your tiara. It's not too overdone. I originally wanted to wear a tiara too. I just thought it would be so elegant and the perfect accent to my wedding dress...which has a lot of sparkle and crystal beading throughout the bodice of the dress and then along the bottom with a very long train. I thought it would go nicely with my dress. My SIL told me flat out not to do it and my MOH and friends said to do what I wanted. Well, when I actually went shopping for my tiara it turned out that a lot of them were very high and ornate. I felt like I should have a Miss America sash with them. It wasn't what I had in mind at all. I ended up finding what I wanted but it wasn't a tiara...it was a headband. It's simple and all crystal. My hair is thick and long and I will have it down with the lenght of my hair in long loose curls. I like it b/c I can set it down on my hair and it's not as over the top as the tiaras I had tried on. Yet you still catch the sparkle from it. Plus, there are small loops to bobby pin it under my hair so it's secure and I can dance the night away with no worries.

Lucky~ if your set on the tiara then by all means wear it. I know how sometimes issues come up and everyone has a opion and after awhile you don't even know what you want anymore. Just think of your day. When you think about all your wedding pictures and your ceremony and the reception how do you picture yourself?

Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

Cass - is the gown with teh bodice you liked in a salon to order from? I once heard that with some designers, you can call them and say "I want THIS dress but with no pickups" and they'll make it for you! Hey - if it's yoru dream dress it's worth a try and it HAS to be cheaper than going custom made, doesn't it? :)

IMG_7120.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 5:46 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

I say Wear it if you want. I had people tell me NOT to for may reasons:
1- I was 39 years old not 20
2- Not my first marriage
3- Too much "bling" it will take away from your dress
4- Why must "try" to look like a princess

You know what my honey said. "WEAR it for me babe, you are my Princess" So I did.
DSC_0051.jpg picture by im_sweet_teenk

My honey bought me a NEW car for my Birthday! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine