Fall Ideas

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

ctaylor126 Posts : 16 Registered: 9/20/08
Fall Ideas
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 8:21 AM

I've always wanted a Fall wedding. For various reasons we ended up with a wedding date of 9.20.09 instead of an October date. I would like to incorporate fall colors and themes into my wedding but I don't want to go overboard because technically it wouldn't even be Fall yet. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for centerpieces, favors, etc. that are Fall themed that I could incorporate......

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: Fall Ideas
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: ctaylor126

Well, considering that fall technically starts on 9/21.... I think you can be forgiven one day.

I got some bowls that are kinda weird from michaels. They are clear and hollow so you can shove stuff in under them to create your own decoration with the bowl, then fill it with water and set some candles afloat -- that is one thing I'll be doing. I'm also decorating the ceiling with white lights that have leaves tied to them, so it looks like leaves are cascading down under a starlit night.

This was the inspiration for that decoration:

We chose colors that are very fallish (went to lowes and picked paint chips. VERY useful because those fit in your purse and you can take them out and compare any time you think you might want to buy something for decor).

I'm making candles in our colors. Some will be the little flat ones (like at Yankee Candle.... can't recall the name yet ) that I'll float on the water of the bowl. Others will be in glass containers, and I'll set them on mirrors with some leaves or beads around them. I bought some of those leaf gardens at Hobby Lobby when they were on sale and cut the leaves off of them, rather than buying bags of leaves.

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 9:34 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

wedding widget

Edited by: WinterWonderlandBride on Jan 4, 2009 9:34 AM

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: ctaylor126

Choose the colors you love. Fall colors will be all over the place for purchase way before 9/20, so don't worry. You might not be able to find fresh pumpkins that early, but"fall" flowers (mums, dahlias, sunflowers, etc.) will be plentiful. I'm happy to send you lots of fall idea pics--just conact me through my website.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

ctaylor126 Posts : 16 Registered: 9/20/08
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 7:27 AM Go to message in response to: myra

Thank you all so much for your ideas!!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 7:54 AM Go to message in response to: ctaylor126

I'm having a fall wedding too! :) I have a bunch of ideas and FH has helped me out too with his ideas. So far I have this: fall colors everywhere, bridemaids dresses will be a dark brownish reddish, I will have pumpkins and mums and fall flowers everywhere, there will be some jack-o-lanterns of our initals and one of a bride and groom (at least we will try lol), instead of flower girls I will have leaf girls hehe! My cake will be fall themed, we will see if we can serve apple cider, there will be candles on tables, and our guest book may be a tree branch and people will write their names and well wishes on paper leaves and hang them up on a branch (I saw the idea online!!)

aprilb Posts : 4 Registered: 1/18/09
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 6:51 AM Go to message in response to: ctaylor126

Here is an article on fall wedding favors which includes some unique ideas:

http://weddingstyle.suite101.com/article.cfm/fall_wedding_favors

I hope this helps!
April
http://stylisheventsblog.com

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 10:58 PM Go to message in response to: ctaylor126

I'm having a fall wedding! (10/10/10) Although it's a ways away (wish i could fast foreward!) my sister, FH, mom and i have already come up with soooooo many ideas! Martha stewarts website has lots of cute DIY decorations! we've also been surfing the net and emailing blog links back and forth. We're going with a shabby chic/rustic/old fashioned look. We're not being too picky about colors in the decor as long as they're fall. My dress will be cream or champagne (haven't decided yet but not white!) and my bride's maids will each be in full length a-line teffeta dresses. each of them will be in a different fall color, in order from lightest to darkest (darkest, maroon, being closest to me in the line) and they'll each have a dark brown short jacket. the groomsmen will be in brown suites/tuxes with bow ties that match the coresponing bride's maids dress. we're all going to wear knee high striped socks under our dresses/pants (i'm a photographer/designer and plan everything based on how cute of a picture i can get :p). our flower girl will be in a ribbon tutu made out of sheer ribbons in our colors. she'll also have striped tights and ruffly bloomers and she'll throw leaves instead of pettles! our rind bearer will be and an oldfashioned (think newsies) outfit. And jeff (fh) wants to wear a top hat!
We're doing a small ceremony (about 50 people) and a small luncheon for those guests. Then later that night we're doing an open house reception in my parents yard. For the luncheon we're serving soup and at the reception we're having a candy buffet! we may also be having carameled apples. and instead of just candy we'll also have pop corn, scottish shortbread (secret family recipe) and other munchies for those who don't have the sweet tooth i've been blessed with. We'll also be serving spiced apple cider. A week later we'll be doing a second reception in orange, ca at the house i grew up in so that all of my friends and family wont have to travel the whole way to utah. At the second reception we're gonna have a slideshow with pictures from the wedding and first reception. we're also gonna have a firepit and s'mores! Oh and my sisters making a photobooth that we'll hopefully have for both receptions.
I'm making my own boquet out of twigs, dried flowers and some adorable painted paper roses i found online. We're also making the boutineers out of dried leaves and acorns. My younger sister's making the fondant cutting cake and we'll also have cupcakes from sam's club with sugar leaves on top of them. we're going to have lots of pumpkins, leaves, cornstalks, hay and twigs around instead of flowers.
I'm so excited! sorry for making this soooooo long :p

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 10:58 PM Go to message in response to: ctaylor126

I'm having a fall wedding! (10/10/10) Although it's a ways away (wish i could fast foreward!) my sister, FH, mom and i have already come up with soooooo many ideas! Martha stewarts website has lots of cute DIY decorations! we've also been surfing the net and emailing blog links back and forth. We're going with a shabby chic/rustic/old fashioned look. We're not being too picky about colors in the decor as long as they're fall. My dress will be cream or champagne (haven't decided yet but not white!) and my bride's maids will each be in full length a-line teffeta dresses. each of them will be in a different fall color, in order from lightest to darkest (darkest, maroon, being closest to me in the line) and they'll each have a dark brown short jacket. the groomsmen will be in brown suites/tuxes with bow ties that match the coresponing bride's maids dress. we're all going to wear knee high striped socks under our dresses/pants (i'm a photographer/designer and plan everything based on how cute of a picture i can get :p). our flower girl will be in a ribbon tutu made out of sheer ribbons in our colors. she'll also have striped tights and ruffly bloomers and she'll throw leaves instead of pettles! our rind bearer will be and an oldfashioned (think newsies) outfit. And jeff (fh) wants to wear a top hat!
We're doing a small ceremony (about 50 people) and a small luncheon for those guests. Then later that night we're doing an open house reception in my parents yard. For the luncheon we're serving soup and at the reception we're having a candy buffet! we may also be having carameled apples. and instead of just candy we'll also have pop corn, scottish shortbread (secret family recipe) and other munchies for those who don't have the sweet tooth i've been blessed with. We'll also be serving spiced apple cider. A week later we'll be doing a second reception in orange, ca at the house i grew up in so that all of my friends and family wont have to travel the whole way to utah. At the second reception we're gonna have a slideshow with pictures from the wedding and first reception. we're also gonna have a firepit and s'mores! Oh and my sisters making a photobooth that we'll hopefully have for both receptions.
I'm making my own boquet out of twigs, dried flowers and some adorable painted paper roses i found online. We're also making the boutineers out of dried leaves and acorns. My younger sister's making the fondant cutting cake and we'll also have cupcakes from sam's club with sugar leaves on top of them. we're going to have lots of pumpkins, leaves, cornstalks, hay and twigs around instead of flowers.
I'm so excited! sorry for making this soooooo long :p

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 6:03 PM Go to message in response to: ctaylor126

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD.
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine