Save the date ideas

Online Users: 1,282 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

taradance08 Posts : 8 Registered: 10/14/08
Save the date ideas
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 2:11 PM

Does anyone have any unique ideas for save the dates?? A friend of mine did hers on poker chips. I don't want the usual cards and stuff like that. Thanks!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: Save the date ideas
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: taradance08

I don't have any original ideas, but I'll say this: Unless it's a magnet, I'm going to lose it. Love you though I may, I simply can't keep track of something small (urgh...I'd hate to think how quickly I'd lose a poker chip, even though it's a cute idea!) for the length of time between you sending it to me and your wedding. With a magnet, or a card on a magnet, I stick it on my fridge and forget about it until I need it. It's not going anywhere, though! (I usually stick STD cards on the fridge, too, but unless it has its own magnet, it usually falls down and gets stuck under the fridge long before the wedding. I'd hate to think about how many there must be under there by now!)

So if I were you, I'd find a unique way of communicating your info on a magnet or traditional card. Sorry, but I'd lose the poker chip. I might remember, "hey, that was cool that they sent the date on a poker chip" but I won't remember the date. The magnet serves its purpose far better than more unique options!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

HollySunshine Posts : 34 Registered: 9/28/08
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I agree magnets are a great idea! I wish that I had all the money in the world and I would've done those. But I dont so I made my save the dates.

I bought a stamp from Michaels craft store that said "Save this Date"
then I bought a stamp of a dress (wedding dress looking) and bought black and red paper since those are our colors. I cut the black paper in half then made the red paper small enough to put on the black so the black makes an outline around the red. I stamped the Save this Date on the top left and the dress sort of middle to the right. To the right of the save this date I wrote "Wedding of Justin Allen and Holly Stewart" Then in the middle above the dress but under the save this date I wrote our date "August 12th 2009" and then under the dress at the bottom I wrote "Formal invitation to follow" then I made these little corner things with the black paper to make it look like its in an old time photo album.

It was cheap and easy. Just very time consuming!

taradance08 Posts : 8 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: HollySunshine

Thanks for the advice. I did, however, fail to mention that the poker chips did have a magnet on them. I am planning on doing something with a magnet and something that I can make myself. I did read somewhere else that someone did a strip of pictures, like you get in a photobooth, and used that as STD and they could be used as a bookmark.

lovinandsurfin Posts : 1 Registered: 8/14/08
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 4:00 AM Go to message in response to: taradance08

Martha Stewart has the cutest save the dates on her website! Not all of them are specifically magnetic but you can always add a magnent on the back of them. She has one that is a mini paper airplane, one that has a tiny calendar glued to it, and so many more great ones! Just search save-the-dates and tons of great ideas will show up!
[url=http://ticker.7910.org/eng]imghttp://ticker.7910.org/as1cF0x8pj-0000MjgybHN8MjY0c3xTb29uIHRvIGJlIHdlZCE.gif[/img][/url]

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine