videography

Online Users: 1,279 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 6

tank2be Posts : 2 Registered: 12/4/08
videography
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 12:32 AM

i have not booked a photographer or videographer yet. i have NO idea how much to expect to pay for videography. i really want it though. what price ranges have you seen the service in?? i know thats a broad question but i have no idea what to look for. the only one i have seen is asking about $3,000 for ceremony and reception

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: videography
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 12:42 AM Go to message in response to: tank2be

I didn't pay for a videographer. I think that may be where you need to start and state in your post where exactly you are getting married.

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 1:10 AM Go to message in response to: tank2be

I'm in CA. I think we paid about $1250-1500 for our videographer. That included the time at the ceremony/reception, plus I think 8 copies of our DVD, with raw footage of the ceremony on the DVD plus edited portions set to music of our choice.

They have multiple locations (US & Canada), though I can't remember exactly where, but their website is www.everlastingmoments.com. Cheesy name, but they did a good job on our video. They were sort of frustrating to deal with during the post-wedding editing process--when we would request changes, they would do some of them but not all, so there was more back and forth than was really necessary. But the result was worth it.

michelspa Posts : 30 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: tank2be

I hired a videographer for 10 hrs. This included pre-wedding preparation at the church and then through the grand march. It was THE BEST money I spent. The cost was $1600 plus another $400 for him to do a "masterpiece show" which was an 8 min video of the ceremony highlights along with childhood photos set to music, which was shown right before the dinner was to start. The guests could not believe that they were seeing actual video from that day and the thought it was the neatest thing they had seen. He captured moments that I was never even aware of. And the most amazing was watching how my dress flowed and my hubby's face as I walked down the aisle. I have to say, I enjoy the video even more than the photographer! Well worth every penny.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: michelspa

Mspa where did u get your videographer from? What company? I haven't decided yet if I want one...it will save me alot of money by just having my dad video tape the wedding (well except for when he is walking me down the isle)...

michelspa Posts : 30 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

He has his own videography company in Madison, WI. He owns it has a couple others working for him. We heard of him by word of mouth and then met with him several times to see his demo videos. I debated as well about spending the money, but as I said, I have enjoyed the video immensely. When I watch it, I actually can FEEL what I felt on that day. I would have been so disappointed if I hadn't hired one. I think a relative can also do this for you. It may not be as professional, and you'll have to be VERY specific about what you want recorded. After spending so much time and money planning the wedding, I wanted all these details captured, which he did. He set up 4 cameras during the ceremony, and they were placed discreetly on the floor throughout the church to capture different angles. No one even knew they were there. He also had a handheld camera during the ceremony. So you may want to enlist several people to help with the taping aspect. Good luck.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Just like with most vendors, there are different price ranges and packages you can choose from with your videographer. Just make sure its a reputable and professional company, and that you can take a look at some of their work online /website, or get some references etc. The fees depnd on the type and how much service you want. I had a videographer for my wedding, and paid $2700 for the top / largest package. It was a lot of money, but it included everything I wanted and in my mind, was worth it. It included: 3 DVD copies of my video both edited and unedited versions, the entire ceremony and reception, 3 highlighted montages set to music of my choice, a montage set to music of me and Dhs childhood pictures and then growing up and then together etc, really cute interviews during the reception with diff. guests, and just a totally professionally done video of very high quality. This was in NY so prices may be higher here, but thats what I paid. I think they had a more basic package for around $1700 or so.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine