Brides with bad skin

Online Users: 1,241 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 33

Earthies Posts : 10 Registered: 4/29/08
Brides with bad skin
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:25 AM

I started my period when I was in fourth grade so I have had acne sense elementary. I have done everything and I mean everything to get rid of it. I even had lazic surgery about two years ago which made it better but it has not gone away. The best product I have used and really worked well for me was Aveda's line of acne products, but they are so expensive I had to stop using them. I am getting married August 13, 2010 and I am so worried that my skin will look horrible. I was thinking about just spending the extra money and getting the Aveda products again but I don't just want to look decent I want to look DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! Does anyone know of any treatment or place I can go to finally get rid of my acne so I can have beautiful skin on my wedding day? If anyone has had any personal experience and call tell me something better to spend my money on then I would be eternally grateful.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why it is called present.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Re: Brides with bad skin
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:49 AM Go to message in response to: Earthies

How old are you now Earthies? I know I didn't grow out of mine until I was 23 or so, and even know at my periods I still get one or two. Are you getting your makeup done professionally? Getting a good makeup artist will make ALL the difference too! :)

IMG_7875.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 6:14 AM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

I am 21 and I'm gonna be 22 in March. Yes I am going to get a professional make-up artist but I have such bad acne that I'm worried even she won't be able to help me :(

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why it is called present.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 7:49 PM Go to message in response to: Earthies

Murad all the way. It is expensive but with Acne products, I learned you have to pay $ to get quality stuff. Murad is the only stuff that ever works for me Also see your Dr now so you can be put on a prescription anti-biotic.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 7:01 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Thank you for the tip I will definetly look into that and I'll talk to my doctor at my next visit :)

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: Earthies

I use the Murad spot treatment and while it does seem to work, it's very drying.

I get really bad hormonal break outs. Mine are the painful cyst kind that never come to a head. This last time was so bad that I went on the hunt for something new because the Murad just wasn't working. One would go away and two others would appear right next to it.

I found a product called Acnetix. I've been using it for 1-1/2 weeks now and my skin is completely zit free!!! If you want to try it, the website is www.acnetix.com. It's $40 but comes in a HUGE bottle. It doesn't smell very good but I don't care as long as it works - and so far, it's worked!

Tobi & Brian - April 21, 2008

Photobucket

Sandals Grande Spa & Beach Resort, St. Lucia

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

I searched up Acnetix and it seems like a LOT of people say it's a scam and no good... I know ProActive didn't do a damn thing for me! lol Now I just don't know what i'm going to do.

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

Well those folks can say what they want about Acnetix being a scam but I'm here to tell you, it's working fine for me. I just finished my period, which is usually when I break out the most, and so far, no zits.

It gets 4 stars in my book. I'd give it 5 stars if it smelled better!

Photobucket

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

how did you break out before? Just minor or??

I have most of my breakouts on my jaw line and chin. And oddly enough most are just the lumps that are annoying and don't cover up.
ProActive just made the pore on my nose smaller and the rest of my face red lol I'm hoping I can find something to totaly clear me up. I was using something from walmart stating it was faster than proactive but it doesn't do anything either. :(

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

I've always had bad breakouts - ever since high school. And mind you, I'm now 40. I wish I would've grown out of it but never did. Mine are the lumps too and are mostly around my mouth and chin area and occassionally around my nose. I can usually count on having a major breakout around the time of my cycle. Nothing so far this month but if you're still leary, I'll keep you posted on my progress as I use it longer. It doesn't dry out your skin either. Or at least for me it hasn't.

BTW- I went to a few of the forum sites where people were calling it a scam... funny thing is, most of the people claiming scam had not even tried the product. I'm not saying this stuff will work for everyone but it's working for me so far.

Photobucket

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

Ok i'm going to go ahead and order it then ;)

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: Earthies

I'm afraid I dont' have any earth shattering advice on how to get rid of acne, but I do have a product that does a REALLY good job of covering it up! It works well on those giant deep pimples as well as smaller ones. It's cheap, plus it's mineral so it won't make the problem worse. I just apply it with a cheap concealer brush from walmart :-).

https://www.everydayminerals.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=24&Itemid=43

A friend of mine who was having acne problems tried it and was amazed at how well it covered.

Oh, and to whomever was having problems along the jawline/chin, are you a student? I used to always break out there until I graduated and wasn't sitting in a classroom all day anymore. Turns out I always rested my chin on my hands in class!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

I've never had bad acne, but I break out when I get stressed, which included the months leading up to my wedding. Seriously...my skin has never looked worse than it did about two and a half months before my wedding. At the time, I tried Proactiv and it completely cleared my skin. I don't know if my stress-induced breakouts were better or worse than your normal skin, but it worked really well for me. I couldn't use it twice a day like the directions tell you to, since it dried my skin out, but once a day worked well.

My advice is to make an appt with a dermatologist, particularly if you've never seen one before. He or she should be able to suggest the best course of action for your particular situation. I wouldn't fool around with trying out various over-the-counter treatements or even the newest spa miracle treatment. Talk to a dermatologist and go from there.

Having said that, though, I would ask your dermatologist about mineral makeup. When I started using mineral makeup, my ocassional time-of-the-month zits stopped. I know that's not too significant compared to chronic bad skin, but trust me, these damn things were PERSISTENT! And I've talked to many other women whose skin improved when they started using mineral makeup. There must be something in normal makeup that just irritates our skin. I would recommend Bare Essentuals. It is more expensive than drugstore brands, but it lasts a really long time and the ingredients are pure, as opposed to drugstore brands of mineral makeup, that seem to be a blend of traditional and mineral ingredients. I'd ask your dermatologist about it and check it out. It may help!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Ok That scub/acne clearing stuff amazed me! I got it yesterday and used it last night. This morning my skin was nice and soft and a lot less red and seems 10X better!!!!!
It does smell horrible though. I couldn't get the smell off my hands and my cat wouldn't stop sniffing me lol

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

Are you talking about the Acnetix? If so, I can't help but say I told you so!!! LOL

Photobucket

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine