TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....

Online Users: 1,297 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3,307

uno Posts : 619 Registered: 1/4/08
Re: TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

I watched the Biggest Loser last week and could not believe they sent home basically half the people. They haven't learned anything in the week (if that) they were there to cope at home. I feel like that old guy definately needed to stay and so did both of the orange team. They are too young and need to make a change now. I was shocked that people were losing 20-30 lbs, that is great, but they couldn't be excited about it b/c it wasn't enough to stay! Also, I hope they don't expect to lose 20-30 lbs/ week. They need to be excited during the weeks where the loss is only 5 -10 lbs, even though a 5-10 lb loss is a great week for normal people it doesn't always cut it on the show.

I have so many shows on my DVR on Tuesdays that I can't DVR Biggest Loser so hopefully I'll be able to catch the ending.

Also - I'm in on the Bachelor talk. I can't believe he kept creepy Shannon who knows every freaking detail of his life. He even said it was weird and creepy... don't keep her around! I feel like she would probably stalk him in real life if she isn't picked. Also, I was shocked that he kept the b!tch Erica (I think that's her name) who was starting drama about being two-faced.

Greys- last weeks was good, it looks like the same patients carry over to this week so that should be good. I read yesterday that the girl who plays Sadie (Mer's intern friend) isn't going to stay on the show much longer so it doesn't seem like Callie will hook up with her.

House is on Next Monday (finally!)

MrsDupont Posts : 1,574 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

SO i saw the Biggest loser.... Man are they some Biggens on there this season!

I felt awful for the old man... I thought he was going to die or something! I'm sorry I can't believe his wife didnt go with him to the hospital either. She acted like she didnt even are.

I started laughing at the part when they showed the mom and daughter team her Age ... i think its the i dont remember what color Pink maybe? But she has a 60 year old body... but they Counted up and did the Boom Boom Boom everytime the age got higher and higher! I started to laugh!

Can't wait for tonight!

Did house start yesterday? I set my DVR waiting for it! TV is great again for the time being!
Daisypath Next Aniversary PicDaisypath Next Aniversary Ticker 
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

uno Posts : 619 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

No House didn't start yesterday, 24 was on. It starts next Monday (the 19th).

I thought the old guy was going to die too. I think the wife said something about "not being able to go with him". I'm not sure what that means... if the show wouldn't let her, or if the ambulance people wouldn't let her.

I didn't see the part about the people's body ages, I usually just listen to most of it while I do things around the house and watch the weigh-ins at the end.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

OH crap I think House DID start. I forgot all about it and didnt tape it. Its on Mondays now right? I get all confused. I hope I didnt miss it.

AMERICAN IDOL starts tonight folks!!! 8pm-10pm. Wahooooo. Finally. Im going to go with DVRing Biggest Loser and watching Idol live,and then Ill catch up to BL. Yeah there are some big ones on there this time around, especially the 18yr old guy who is somewhere in the high 400s. Wow. Bride2008 Im glad you have been getting into the show too. Yay....

So Mandy I saw some of Bachelorette last night, but not the whole thing. Ill watch the rest later today when DH goes out for awhile lol. He will mock me endlessly if Im watching that and I dont blame him really. Anyway, I am sooooo annoyed by Shannon the dental hygenist. She is sooooo annoying, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. And whats even more annoying is that Jason seems to LIKE her so I think she will be around awhile. Yuck. So far NONE of them seem to be very real , at least not from what Ive seen. They are all annoying lol. That one with the damn eyebrows that are thin and painted in, her face is all fucked up looking, what is her name? God shes weird looking. Botox or something. Is it Megan? I forget. Anyway, Ill catch the rest ....

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

MrsDupont Posts : 1,574 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I dont know if you've had this discussion but

Did anyone watch Summer Heights High or House of Saddam?

I think Summer Heights High was one of the Funniest shows EVER!

F*** off miss!
Daisypath Next Aniversary PicDaisypath Next Aniversary Ticker 
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

Can't wait for Idol tonight!!!! I've NEVER missed an episode!!!

Mrs. Pinky

vday.gif picture by jenny3_26_05

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 3:43 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

THanks Uno. So glad I didnt miss House.
Pinky Ive never missed IDOL either. Well maybe once or twice but I try not to.
Now that I have my dvr, I miss nothing.

Okay Mandy where are ya? I just watched the rest of The Bachelor, and can I please just say that girl Raquel was creeeepy??!! Thank God he got rid of HER. What she said into the camera was so weird about how if she died, she wants to find someone who will love her forever and never bewith anyone else or something. Okay then. SHe was a freak.

The only one I really like so far is Mellissa - the one he took on the blimp date which was pretty cool. She seemed pretty real and not involved in all that catty bullshit. I HATE all that catty crap going on in the house, its so high school and boring. that Erika chick and Meghan and Nikki ... they all seem weird to me. Stephanie I think is the widow one right? Shes nice but her eyebrows bug me lol. And the one with the Canadian accent bugs me too - no real reason except for that accent drives me nuts esp when she keeps saying "get out! " but it sounds like "get ooot!"

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I'm going to be shunned for this but I HATE american idol, it messes with all my favorite shows and I think its just a big joke.
Has anyone noticed that most of the time the winners are never talked about? its always the runners up who get the spot light.
David Archileta lives in the town next to me and it a huge mess. I wanted to go to the governors speach, no way! because David was singing the national anthem that meant a billion 14 year old girls HAD to buy tickets so no one who really cared got to go!
When that season was going all the radio stations (didn't matter what they played) where giving out "vote for David Archileta" or "I love David Archileta" t-shirts. I was so happy when he didn't win insert mean grin here I know thats terrible, but that meant Utah could finally (or somewhat) shut up about it!

I do love biggest loser and watch it when I can, I usually end up crying!
House, another great show! I'm told I'm a lot like him so that could be why I love it ;)
DH and I are also addicted to that new show, Fringe. It keeps you guessing all the time and I love the Doctor...Walter's father...I cant remember his name. So Good!

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Whoo hoo! Someone to talk idol with! I'll be dvring as well!

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

Save you dont have to love Idol lol. there are plenty of shows everyone else on earth loves that I dont care about either, so what? No matter. But - the winners are talked about, especially Kelly Clarkson and Carrie underwood. They are the two biggest stars and most successful from that show, and then yeah, some of the other nonwinners also become huge. Like Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Clay Aiken. Oh I hate David Archuletta lol. He looks like hes 10. Part of the reason I love Idol so much is that I I looove mocking everyone on it. Its entertainment!!! lol.

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I always forget that Carrie Underwood won Idol because I actually like her! so you're right, she is talked about a lot along with Kelley. The other winners...not so much.
If you live in Utah and hate David Archileta you are out casted, its really pathetic!

DH and I do watch the auditions of idol because I love the people who are like "I sing beautifully! The judges don't know what they're talking about even though they all really know music!"
The suckies are my favorite!
I had a friend that tried out for Idol, for some odd reason he thinks he's amazing. I really wanted him to be on the show so maybe he'd get it in his thick skull that he actually sucks and no we don't want him to bust out in song every five seconds at a crowded restuarant.

Edited by: savex389 on Jan 13, 2009 4:14 PM

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

I'm not an Archie lover either. I'm glad Cook won.

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website 

MandyandVance Posts : 650 Registered: 4/10/06
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Uno, I'm glad you are watching greys and bachelor! Greys has been really slow lately - they need to come up with a good story line....and fast! The Izzie/Denny thing is getting old. Did you hear that George is leaving? I LOVE him and am so upset he is leaving.

Hey, you guys are taking off on the Idol chat without me! I haven't had a chance to watch it yet!

Kelley, I'm here waving flag, LOL. Ha, you are getting hooked!!

Raquel was creepy, like she wanted a guy to pine for her for eternity. Glad she is gone. Melissa seems nice and she got a sweet romantic kiss on her date too. I love Stephanie, such a sweet heart. I don't think he will end up with her but she is so nice. Did you see the preview for next week? They are flying her daughter in and she is so excited.

Oh the cat fights have started! I hate both Megan and Erica, such drama queens although Megan was right, Erica was being two faced. They are going to get into a bitch slapping, hair pulling, all out fight soon! Did you see Megan's face when he picked Erica?

I also hate Shannon - obsessed much?? And stop saying "you are so cute!". Why the heck did he keep her? She is all teeth, it is driving me crazy. Stop smiling so big and showing off your picture perfect teeth - we know you are a damn dental hygienist. By the way, stop saying that too!

Nikki was originally my favorite from the first impression I got from her but now she is turning into a weirdo. It is a little early to be telling Jason that some girls are not here for the right reason honey, settle down a bit!

Ok, enough Bachelor talk for now, time to watch Idol and try to catch up!

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

Yeah thats what I hate, (on Bachelor), they are all so damn creepy, pretty,catty,and possessive. Jesus relax, you JUST met the guy. I HATED all the freakin girls who were practically begging him to kiss them or forcing chemistry on the situation. And of course hes a guy so he doesnt say no. That just pisses me off though. "Tee hee, kiss me .... can I get a kiss? When are we gonna kiss? My kiss wa slonger than her kiss" oh shut the hell up. The chemistry is either there or it isnt, ya know? Stop forcing it, its creepy. And the catfighting crap just makes them ALL look like children.

Okay IDOL:

That girl with the tattoos who sang Baracuda was awesome. Loved her. Great voice and that songs tough to sing.
Also really liked the brunette one who had sort of a jazzy voice. She sanf Put Your Records On or whatever that songs called. She was good.
Not enough freaks and weirdos for my taste tonight lol, but tomorrows looks awesome.
The new judge so far is okay. Dont love or hate her.
OH - why why why did they put that bikini whore through? Seriously? Ridiculous!!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

So the Biggest Loser -

I know Idol started last night so I am probably the only one who saw Biggest Loser, but I gotta talk about it. I was able to watch last week's episode online right before so I am all caught up. I am not sure how I feel about the 9 people getting eliminates, although I guess it adds incentive to the people still left. My heart just breaks for Daniel - he reminds me of a good friend who has battled his weight the same way for years. I think he is going to end up being my favorite. And Jerry, what a sweet man.

SPOILER ALERT

Last night during the elimination, I was so touched by Jerry. Personally I wished they both could stay, but I understand why everyone voted the way that they did. Jerry has had a life, and while he deserves many more happy years, Daniel is in much more danger right now. I started to cry when he said that he was totally at peace with it. Even in the after clip, he was doing so well at home with his wife. It made me so happy.

I normally am disappointed when most people are eliminated - but if that lazy bitch Joelle gets sent home, I will be VERY happy. To be honest, from day one she never seemed like she belonged there. Even when she was offered money to leave, she really wanted to do it. And how she half assed it in the gym during the last chance work out while everyone busted their ass. Much like Jillian, I have NEVER seen Bob flip out like that. I know a lot of people are going to say he over did it, but I think it was totally warranted. Her best friend went home to keep her there and she just dawdles through it. If she gets home, and I wsa the BF, I would probably never speak to her again.

And is it just me, or are there just moments where Bob seems gay?

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knuckles and I know how to use them.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine