A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 1,243 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 2,746

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Do not give up your fall wedding. France is amazingly beautiful! I think also I speak fluent French it helped but yeah. I refuse to give up my outdoor wedding idea so I am trying to plan an outdoor wedding in December in Canada. :) Trust me, time will fly by! I mean, it is already Jan 2009! How weird is that!

So, girls, my 4 year anniversary is coming up and I cant believe it!

Nat (21) Chace (22)

What is meant to be, will be.

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Ahh!! I hate to say this girls but I don't think that I can keep up in here anymore. It's just too many girls now and the posts are too long.I would hate to just come on here and only talk about myself but I don't have time to read all of these long posts. =( So anyway, I'm not going to give up here yet but I may end up just popping in once every couple of weeks or something.

I'm studying right now and I scrolled through and saw how many huge posts I missed and I just don't have time to read them. For some reason it makes me kinda sad cause I used to respond to everyone but oh well. So, I hope everyone is doing well ! =o)

KatyG Posts : 21 Registered: 9/28/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 8:54 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Autumn, hey, welcome! I don't get on here that often but I love it when I do. Our honeymoon is gonna be in Venice, and we're getting married in Volterra Tuscany. We want a destination wedding. Our date is June 23, 2010. Yeah, and my FH gets tired of hearing me talk about my stuff too. Even though we are officially engaged. Lol, i think it's a guy thing.

KJ- Yes, the anticipation is killing me. I have so much planning to do. I am so excited.

In april of this year, we're going to the Mariott in Jackson. I'm excited about that too.

oh my goodness, we found out that for our little home ceremony we're going to have lilies for our flowers and our colors will be crimson and silver. It's going to be an 18th century styled wedding.

So how is every one doing?

OH! FH and I just got a hamster. His name is Puff Ball, and we're going to take our engagement photos soon. Lol. Puff Ball is a dwarf robo hamster, so he's like fun sized. I just love him so much. He's so tiny, he can't even move the wheel we got him for his cage lol.

Autumn- I hope you're enjoying the forum, it's awesome to have people to talk to.

Well, i'm going to end this now lol. Sorry, had a tad bit too much sugar.

The Future Mrs. Glenn!

Photobucket

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

oh! and Natasha, Happy 4 year anniversary!!

The Future Mrs. Glenn!

Photobucket

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

project: don't go! its alright if you can't respond to everyone, we understand. but please don't go! everyone is a little busier right now anyway ... take Chic for example! Right now I just finished my math and computer applications classes for the day and decided to take a break before I jumped into physical science.

natasha: i think it was you who asked about when we are leaving for our honeymoons. Kevin and I have decided to way until June 1st to go on our honeymoon which is 2 days after our wedding. We are getting married Sunday and Monday is a holiday. We could fly out Monday but prices will be higher since it is a holiday so we just decided to wait the extra day and get the lower week day price. So what we're going to do is spend Sunday night in a hotel, have a goodbye breakfast with all our guests on Monday morning, spend the day with our wedding party members just relaxing (barbeque and drinks type of thing -- typical memorial day), and then leave Tuesday morning. No clue where we're going yet though!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

i think i found the perfect dress....

Style 2295E - Satin halter gown with tulle skirt, corset bodice, and beaded Alenon lace appliqus.

The Future Mrs. Glenn!

Photobucket

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: KatyG

katy: the dress is so beautiful! where did you find it? i love the style.

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 9:33 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

I found it at david's bridal and ITS ON SALE!!

I think this is it. I'm gonna go in and try it on..
It fits my 18th century style perfectly.

The Future Mrs. Glenn!

Photobucket

ChristinaLSmith Posts : 23 Registered: 12/26/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Hey guys! Wow I'm gone for a couple of days and I feel like I've missed so much! Haha And beware this is literally a novel of stuff, just responding to everything I've missed. (Sorry it's so long..I'm going to keep up from now on..hopefully)

So school sucks already, that's why I haven't posted too much. Hopefully it'll get better. We'll see. Umm just another little celebration, I lost three pounds this week! I have lost 23 in all...(the most ever) So I'm pretty proud of myself!

Project I love those flutes! I'm pretty sure they were in a magazine or website I was looking at and I thought they were so cute! The plates are adorable too! Love them! I am completely on the same page. I'm dying trying to respond to everyone and I just can't! I'm having to write stuff down just to do this. I really hope you can stay! But if you can't I can def. understand....very confusing! Haha good luck studying!

Natasha: That would be sooo cool with the tent and heaters...esp if it just happened to snow! Ahh so romantic. As long as the weather didn't ruin your plans of course. Congrats on finding a dress you love! It's def. different, but if that's what you love go for it! It's your day right? You should be happy, and it's even better if you know Chace will love it! Oh and I'm a Libra too, by bday is oct. 16. I LOVE October! Lol About the honeymoon, we prob. won't go on our honeymoon until about a month after the wedding. In April Clinton will still be in school, then he'll have finals in May and then we'll leave after that. But I do want to at least go to a very romantic bed and breakfast or something like that the night or two after the wedding. But that's what we're doing.

KJ: I honestly don't know how early is too early; I'm dealing with the same dilemma. I REALLY want to go look but since I'm losing weight there's really no point. Plus I'm scared I'll find the perfect one, go back to order it and it be too late. So I wish I could answer your question, but I really don't know. About your argument, I can def. relate. Yesterday Clinton and I were having a good day, went to church together, then out to lunch and it seemed like everything just went wrong. We were both really ill, said a lot of things we shouldn't, came REALLY close to ending it...so I cried for like an hour. He finally felt bad for me, came up and we talked it out. But it was a really crappy day. Sometimes guys suck!

Audra: That would have been awesome if you had won!! So cool! I'm ready to go to bridal shows!!

Nessa: I feel you on the trash the dress photos. They really aren't for everyone. As for your MOH and living far away I FEEL your pain! My best friend/BM lives back home as do most of my friends and it sucks! I want to be able to see her more and hang out but we just can't. L

Hi to the new girls and the ones I haven't met yet! You will love this site, the girls are awesome and sooo supportive and helpful! My name is Christina I'm 22 my FH is 21...although in a week and a half he will be 22..so we'll be the same age again...haha. I hate being older than him. We are getting married in April of 2010. After I graduate before he does. And I haven't really planned anything or set anything in stone yet, but I'm starting. It's fun being able to hear all the stories of the girls though.

Sorry guys, I don't think I even half way posted to everyone, but this is the best I can do right now. I've been up since this morning, running around and in class all day, and I have the worst headache, and Clinton insists on playing Guitar Hero!!! Aghhh I want to scream right now! I think I'm about to go take a long HOT bubble bath and go to bed! Night girls!

((Christina))

I can't promise to be here for the rest of your life; but I promise to love you for the rest of mine

I give you my whole heart, for my whole life

Soon2BMrsPorkChop Posts : 73 Registered: 1/1/09
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 10:14 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Autumn - I sooooo wanted 10.01.10 but literally 2 hours after we got home from the reception site, it was taken. We couldn't reserve until we spoke to the cathedral, so we were screwed. Then I thought about 10.10.10, but that was a Sunday and being that we're still young party animals (24 and 28), Sunday felt too tame for us. We settled on 10.8.10 which I like because it has the two 10's and then an 8 which is like the infinity symbol (I'm such a cornball!). I could possibly just be trying to comfort myself with the infinity thing, but its working; I'm happy!

Anyway, good luck with the pre-planning and congrats on being almost finished with school. I am graduating with my MA in Literacy Ed this May and seriously I cannot WAIT to be done. I was planning on going back for another degree immediately afterward, but now that I'm planning a wedding, I figure I can use the time off to save some extra money and I am happy to have a year with no homework!

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 10:26 PM Go to message in response to: ChristinaLSmith

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 10:33 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

autumn-no actually i'm in mississippi. i think i hit the wrong button or something lol. Our destination wedding kinda has a story behind it. i love your dress.
well you know that book series twilight? well we compare ourselves to Bella and Edward, cuz I'm like so uncoordinated, and he's like great at everything.. So, palazzo dei priori which is where our wedding will take place is in the books.. So I like fell in love with the idea.. And I was completely relentless so he agreed lol. yeah, I so love my dress too.. It's like perfect, I might go soon to try it on and get pictures of me in it.
Yeah, my FH can be a jerk too lol.. Like today I said I wanted to lose some weight,and he's like "Baby, don't be ridiculous you're not fat." I was about to go "Aww thank you baby," when he comes out with, "You're just fluffy."
I was like, Uh well thanks. But we kid like that.

The Future Mrs. Glenn!

Photobucket

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: KatyG

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

yea, i know, it's like weird, it never gets it right, then I check my profile and it says the right place!

oh well, i'm in mississippi. Yeah, I love our wedding idea, and I love that me and him can joke around like that.

i love your ferrets!! Me and My FH gotta hamster. His name is puff ball.. He's tiny..He is a dwarf robo hamster

I love him

The Future Mrs. Glenn!

Photobucket

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine