More wording help

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
More wording help
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 8:04 PM

FH and I are going to send out RSVP postcards. We would like each of our guests to share a favorite song with us, we are then going to compile a list, give it to the DJ and have that be our music. Any wording ideas?

Here's what we have so far,

Please share your favorite song with the bride and groom.

Please share a favorite song with the bride and groom so we may incorporate it into the reception.

Help!!!!!!!!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: More wording help
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Dear Ruby,

And what will you do if someone gives you the title of a song entirely inappropriate?

"My Wife Done Me Wrong", "Your Cheating Heart" or something like that?

My suggestion to you is to spread the news by word of mouth. Ask people for song "suggestions", and then compile your list.

It's a good idea, but I'd be afraid it could backfire.

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: Jan 10, 2009 1:01 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

If somebody sends you an inappropriate song you dont have to play it. Nobody will notice!

You could say something to the effect of
"Create our play list. Suggest a song for the reception."

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married! December 27, 2008!

http://alaireandclayton.weddings.com

Anjelbabe Posts : 55 Registered: 1/10/09
Posted: Jan 10, 2009 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

What about " As a Gift to our guests we will be composing a completely custome play list with your Favorite songs. The Happy Couple are requesting you to chose the Songs to be Played at the reception of a lifetime"
Or " For a reception that you will remember for all eturnity Please RSVP with your Favorite song. (your name here) Would like to have a more personal Reseption with a playlist created by the people that know and care for them"

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 7:37 PM Go to message in response to: Anjelbabe

Thanks for the suggestions Anjel. I am probably going to end up using one of those ideas. Thanks!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

rqz7 Posts : 27 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 8:40 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

We did this as well. We just had a line at the bottom of the card that said song requests followed by a blank space. It didn't work as well as we had hoped since only about 15 people requested songs. We also spread by word of mouth that we would do our best to get everyone's in, but it was dependent on the DJ actually being able to get the music.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine