A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 2:27 PM Go to message in response to: ChristinaLSmith

Hello Girls!

Christina~ Congrats on the extra 4 pound weight loss!! I wish I could get motivated enough to at least start toning up my arms and back for my wedding, but all well I am who I am and FH loves me for just that!!!

Chic~ Congrats on the job!!! I am sure you will do fine with classes and a job! I was doing it for a while, but now i am working, and doing my internship for free. It gets stressful sometimes and you may wonder what the heck were you thinking, but in the end it will be all worth it!!!

Audra~ Thats terrible about the other people being at your site. How far are they? Do you really think you will be able to hear them? I hope it all works out for you! I think that is something they should of told you up front is that there will be another thing going on at about the same time up front.

Project~ Ewww medical terminology, I was supposed to take that when I went to a real school, no fun!! I am sure its educational and you can talk like a smart medical person though huh?

OK OK so I made a facebook since no one seems to care about myspace anymore. Its Vanessa white, and I think my Networking is Denver CO or Purblo West High school.....I am lost I will have to play around on it later.....and no there are no pics on there yet....I am at work. Speaking of work I should get back to it I leave in a half hour and still have A TON of stuff to do, but when I get home I will tell you what happened to my bosses daughter...poor thing :(

MrsReno Posts : 314 Registered: 12/21/07
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Project- Your dress is so pretty! Don't trash it!

♥Defy Gravitry♥

www.weddingcountdown.com

ChristinaLSmith Posts : 23 Registered: 12/26/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 5:42 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Project: I def. have to agree on the sweat pants....I love to wear them! I even wear them to class! haha It's way comfortable; and I'm not even trying to impress anyone on campus....haha....I am the same with you on the trash the dress (btw your dress is gorgeous!!) I can NOT wait until I get to pick mine out...heck I just want to try some on! haha But the ones that I liked for the trash the dress were some I saw in a waterfall and then some on the beach. I don't think those actually trashed the dress. You can pick a place where your dress doesn't have to get ruined. I was on a site that was talking about some places you just get your dress dry cleaned and it's fine. I would only want to do it in water or on the beach. No mud or anything like that....eww...haha. And I was thinking the same thing about maybe doing it for our 1 year anniversary. I think that's how a lot of people do it. So just something I'm def. thinking about.

((Christina))

I can't promise to be here for the rest of your life; but I promise to love you for the rest of mine

I give you my whole heart, for my whole life

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 6:03 PM Go to message in response to: ChristinaLSmith

Wow so I have a lot on my mind about pictures. First off, thank you for the input about pricing. Kevin & I are pretty much dead set on this photographer. There aren't a lot of good ones in this area that offer what we'd like and are less expensive. We decided we have to have 2 photographers, copyrights, and at least 6 hours of coverage. Most people charge between $1900 and $2500 for this. Our photographer is with us all day though, there's no time limit, which I'm excited about. I'm going to keep hunting for video though. Secondly, we have decided to do first look photos! Our ceremony starts at 12:30 with the reception starting at 1. I thought about having a cocktail hour so everyone coudl be entertained while we took pictures, but that seemed just like a waste of money. At first we weren't sure how we felt about it because I wanted Kevin to see me in my dress for the first time when I walked down the aisle. But since I would be coming in from carraige, he would see me anyway and it wouldn't be as intimate. Plus it will be nice to get all the formal pics out of the way with the wedding party and family. Third, our photographer has these reallly cool pics where the couple in in black & white and there are lots of vibrant colored cars in the background that are painted onto a building. I thought they looked so cool and Kevin liked it too because he's REALLY into cars. So today we were just driving around and we found the wall! Its on the side of a car shop and the guy said they have people take pics all the time, lol.

Well, court for Kaylee is temporarily over. Kevin's grandparents have custody right now. But Ron has made it clear that he wants to get himself on his feet (find a better job, get a house, etc...) and then fight to get Kaylee back. It wasn't too stressful and stayed civilized.

Because most of our guests are from out of town, Kevin & I aren't having an engagement party, a bridal shower, and all the other things. (We're still having bachelor and bachelorette parties though!) Instead we've decided to through "A Royal Celebration". It will be held on May 23rd and 24th of 2009, so this coming summer. May 24th is the Sunday before Memorial Day this year and we'll be getting married the Sunday before Memorial Day next year. So we thought it would be a fun time :) Plus my sister is due with her second baby in mid-June. Its going to be all the families, wedding party, and friends getting together for a 2 day celebration! Now I have to go make the invites!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Nessa- Call me crazy, but I'm kind of enjoying the medical terminology class! It does make me feel very sophisticated. :) The only thing that I don't like is that I only have a little over a month left to finish it. I was putting it off and now I'm having to cram to get everything done. It's A LOT of information to cram in one month. And the thing I'm dreading most.....a research paper. Blah!

Oh P.S. I'm going to request you as a friend on facebook later.

soontobe- Thanks! Are you nervous at all? Your wedding is right around the corner. I'm nervous and excited for you! Do you have everything done??

Christina- I really love the waterfall pictures too! If I did it I would pick a cool area with water, but there definitely wouldn't be any rolling around in dirt. That way hopefully I could just have the dress cleaned and it would still be all pretty. Have you seen some of the pictures where girls cut up their wedding dress? I couldn't do it!

KJ- So what is this 2 day celebration going to entail? Do you have special activities planned for everyone? It sounds fun. =)

Well, I'm kinda excited right now! I'm gonna order my wedding jewellery and cake topper either tonight or tomorrow. I would like some opinions first though. Since our colors are black and white I'm trying to debate on whether or not to add any black into my jewellery or into the cake topper.
Here is the topper

I'm going to add swarvoski crystals so that the whole thing will be covered in crystals. That way it won't look so plain and it will sparkle some. You can pick the color of your crystals. I know I'm going to go with a clear crystal. I just can't decide whether or not to throw any black into the mix. It would either be black and clear crystals or all clear. What do you girls think?
AND
Here is my jewelery
LilyIIINecklaceBig.gif
Bracelets/LilyBraceletBig.jpg
LilyIIEarringsBig.gif
With the jewelery you can pick the crystal color and the pearl color. I know for sure that I'm going to go with a white pearl on all of them. I'm also going to have clear crystal in all of them, but again I can add black and I wasn't sure whether or not to do that. With the jewlery I'm thinking of just keeping it simple and have just the clear crystals and not adding in any black at all.

So what do you think? I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with the neutral colors for the jewelery. The main one I'm wondering about is the cake topper? I just can't quite decide and Brett doesn't care either way.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 8:01 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Project: I would just do clear crystals on the cake topper as well as your jewelry. IMO, since there will be black & white on your cake, it would look too busy to have a black & white topper as well. All clear would look more clean.

Our "Royal Celebration" is going to be two days. The first day is going to be lunch or dinner with all of our family and close friends who will be at the wedding. Then we'll leave the middle of the day open to do whatever type of tourist activites my family wants to do since they have never been here. That night we're going to go to either the drag strip or a race track. The next day we'll all go to Branson and do fun stuff down there. I'm going to make an event out of the lunch or dinner and have games and such.

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Thanks KJ ! I was standing here thinking about it and I came to the same conclusion as you (that the black on the cake topper would look too busy). So I'm just going to order the clear crystals for the topper and for the jewelery.

Your Royal Celebration sounds like fun. What do your invites look like??

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

I'm horrible at describing things, so I just took a quick photo of the outside and inside on my camera. They are really simple because I didn't want something that would take a lot of time or effort...its a pretty informal event.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 11:02 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

I can't see your pictures. They're just red x's. =(

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 11:34 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Hey girls! KJ your weekend sounds so fun, and its the weekend I am getting married!

Project, I would keep all clear crystals, but then I personaly perfer black pearls......but thats me, Regural pearls are really starting to grow on me now tho!

So my poor bosses daughter who is the same age as me has been with this guy for a while and the talk of marrage came up a few months ago. Well he bought a ring in October and I guess he had to have it shipped or something so he had it sent to her older sisters house because it would be less tax than their place or something. Then he left (sorry don't know the whole story) but they were apart for a while and he sent her plane tickets to come visit him and set up a romantic wekend so everyone thought that would be when he would ask but never did. By christmas her whole family knew he wanted to ask her and had the ring, he didn't ask, new years cam he made a big romatic date for them never asked her then the other day her little sister came over and he showed her the ring and hasn't actually said he was going to ask her. I would be so angry!!!!!!!

We had our tasting tonight with our caterer and OMG it was good I can't wait!!! Well FH wants me to go watch house hunters with him its a couple looking in our area who are trying to find a house while planning a wedding. Night!

ChristinaLSmith Posts : 23 Registered: 12/26/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

KJ: That sounds like so much fun! What all is going to be involved? I think that’s a great idea since your family and friends are from out of town…really cool! We did the engagement party and I’m doing a Bridal brunch for all my bms and all the women in my and Clintons families. And we’re doing a joint shower (w/ guys and girls) and then of course bachelor and bachelorette parties! Haha…oh and I really want a lingerie shower…haha…I’m a little high maintenance. I can't see your pictures either :(

Project: I could def. NOT cut my wedding dress up….that’s a little far…I have actually considered buying and cheap one/ or getting my mom to make one that looks like mine to get the pictures made. But idk just thinking about it still. And I love that cake topper! I’ve picked ours…it’s letters like that but it’s our initials. Ours have jewels on them too but they are just clear! And that way you can keep it and put it up in your house after the wedding. I love it! I wouldn’t do any black in the jewelry. It might make it look like costume jewelry. But that’s just me. I’m more simple esp. when it comes to what I’m wearing and I think that jewelry is beautiful like that!

((Christina))

I can't promise to be here for the rest of your life; but I promise to love you for the rest of mine

I give you my whole heart, for my whole life

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: ChristinaLSmith

Hmm...I don't know what to do about my pictures. I can see them :( I'll figure it out later when I have more time.

Haven't figured out all the details of our event yet. My MOH is going to help me.

Well, I just wanted to stop in and see what everyone was up to. I've got to go to Kevin's BM's house. His girlfriend just broke up with him over some really stupid crap. She's been trouble since the get-go, but he's still hurting. Off to the resuce!!

Pibi Posts : 25 Registered: 1/9/09
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

HELLO! If I too! I am a Spanish girl and my boyfriend and I were married on December 12. I have my dress! very nice! then put the pictures!
Thank you very much to all!

12 Diciembre del 2009  Javier y Pilar

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: Pibi

I think I found my tiara!!
Heart and Flowers Swarovski Crystal Tiara

Heart and Flowers Swarovski Crystal Tiara

Its 5.5 inches in diameter, and 1.1 inches in height. Its made out of swavorski crystal and plated metal. I found it on etsy.com and its only oging to be $36 + 6 for s&h. Not for sure going to get this one yet, but I'm pretty sure. I like the hearts, flowers, and vines because it reminds me of my tattoo and also would look really goo with our garden wedding. :) What do you girls think?

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Sorry reality is consuming me, I am balancing just fine, but my brides.com is suffering and so is my scarpbooking!

KJ- that tiara is soooo pretty and cheap!! I love it so much. It seems like the perfect size, not too big but sparkly
Project- you are a stunner in that dress

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine