Where to get married in Aruba

Online Users: 1,348 guest(s), 5 user(s). Replies: 20

ArubaBride2010 Posts : 17 Registered: 8/21/07
Where to get married in Aruba
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 1:56 PM

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting.

I will be getting married in Aruba, March 2010. Does anyone have any suggestions on what Hotel to stay at and provides good service for weddings, It seems very over whelming and I don't know where to begin. I guess the first thing I need to do is pick out a place for our wedding We want to get married on the beach at sunset.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

MrsM2009 Posts : 422 Registered: 3/16/08
Re: Where to get married in Aruba
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: ArubaBride2010

I've never been to a wedding there, but I stayed at the Westin in Aruba last year. It is GORGEOUS. If your style is chic and modern, this is definitely somewhere for you to look! They also have a great pool and are beachfront, so I'm sure they can do a beach ceremony. The hotel has recently been renovated, and it was far and away one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at.

Edit: I also just pulled up their package in their website, and it looks SUPER reasonable compared to other comparable hotels I've seen in the Chicago area! The westin in Chicago has something like a 30k or 40k minimum for Saturday evenings and the dinners start at something like 140 per person - this package looks much cheaper than that.

http://caribbeanpromo.destinations.starwoodhotels.com/uploadedFiles/DEST/caribbean/Weddings/1960%20wedding%20Packages.pdf

Their outdoor veranda also looks like it could be a stunning reception location. I don't know how many people you're planning on inviting, but it says it seats up to 50:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/photos/index.html?propertyID=1960#photo_section_5Link

Edited by: FutureMrsM2009 on Jan 8, 2009 2:12 PM

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: MrsM2009

I probably should mention that I will probably want to stay at an all inclusive resort. I have been to Aruba one time and stayed at the Occidental Grand. I surprised my boyfriend at the time for his 40th birthday and took him to Aruba, he surprised me and proposed to me on a sunset catermeran ride with about 75 people on board.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: ArubaBride2010

We weren't on it, but I know the Westin does have an all inclusive plan. The RIU is right next door, which is always all inclusive, but every RIU I've ever stayed at or been to has been a total shithole. I've always thought the way to do all inclusive is to get an all inclusive package at a hotel that also lets guests stay a la carte - the food and drinks are always better at these places since some of the guests are actually paying for them! :)

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: MrsM2009

I was considering the RIU. The one in Aruba was being refurbished when I was there but if there all bad then I don't want to stay there. I will probably have 20-40 guest.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: ArubaBride2010

We walked through the RIU there, but just for a couple of minutes. I think it just looked like all the other RIUs, and frankly, I've never been impressed with any of them. The rooms sort of suck, the food is awful, and the drinks are all of the plastic bottle liquor brand variety. I know they're one of the cheaper all inclusives, but IMO, you get what you pay for.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: MrsM2009

If anyone has gotten married in Aruba at resort and would recommend it, please let me know. Maybe the lady from Elite travel could recommend a place. I believe her name is Tammy. Any input Tammy?

Thanks!

Edited by: AmyDolphin on Jan 9, 2009 10:00 AM

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: ArubaBride2010

Ha, I guess my advice was not helpful then ;)

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: MrsM2009

I just want other input. I'm going to look into what you recommended.

vics Posts : 18 Registered: 1/26/09
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 7:40 AM Go to message in response to: ArubaBride2010

Hi

I am also getting married around Sep 2010, we have just decided to go there and I was wondering how your research has gone? i have been looking at lots of places and there is so much choice I thought I would see what decisions others have made.

Any suggestions of places to stay and wedding planners would be great, I don't want to use the travel agent wedding planner for obvious reasons so any info would be good for helping me firstly decide, 1) best place to stay for 2 weeks, 2) best place to have the beach ceremony after the initial civil wedding and 3) bast place to have a romantic meal afterwards as it will just be me and my fiance going (none of the family will know until we come home - totally stress free, we are having a celebration when we get back but it will be a total suprise for everyone).

Thanks for having a read, hopefully I will have some desicions made within the next couple of weeks.

Vics

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: vics

I'm still trying to figure out which hotel to stay at. I will be having 25-35 guest. I'm still looking for more input as well from anyone that has had a wedding there or has stay at some of the hotels. I stayed at the Occidental Grand two years ago. I also want to go with all inclusive.

Amy

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 10:18 AM Go to message in response to: ArubaBride2010

I will be doing some research this weekend while the other half is out and I can have time to read things. I will post anything of interest. I have decided to use a wedding planner that is out there. I have had an email back from my questions and they seem really nice but not made definite plans yet. I am considering http://www.dreamweddingsaruba.com/, but want to read some reviews before committing.
Will update over the weekend.

Vics

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: vics

Vic,

Is your wedding planner through dreamweddingaruba and what kind of questions did you ask them?

Amy

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 2:54 AM Go to message in response to: ArubaBride2010

Hi

Yeah I think I will go with them at http://www.dreamweddingsaruba.com.

I asked mainly about the schedule of booking and what to expect when we arrive.
So here are a few things i asked:

When should we consider making a booking:-
Anytime really, depends how organised you are and what time of year it is. All paper work needs to be submitted at least 4 weeks in adance so most people have made arrangements 6 or more months in advance then close to the date made sure all the paper work is sent. They will keep in close contact around the date to ensure everything is in order.

I was honest and said I was worried about organising something I had no control over, they assured me that this is what they do best and we can have consultations when we arrive to finalize things and put us at ease if needs be.

I asked about overall cost so we can set our budget and they sent me a document with all this listed, if you want this send me a provate message with your email and I will forward it onto you.

One of the important things was pictures as we are not going with any family so they need to be good and it seems that the photographer directly linked to dream weddings aruba is very good and I will make sure I do my reaseach this weekend before making my booking.

They can also help with flowers, cakes, reception venue etc if you need it. You can ask them to do this for you or give you details of the best places to go for all the extras that you may need.

Hope this helps
Vics

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 9:04 AM Go to message in response to: vics

Vics,

Did you receive my private email to you? I have not received an email from you and I was interested in you sending me what dream weddings sent you.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine