The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMaldonado

Congrats March! That is exciting! Are you nervous at all? Lately I have been thinking that I want to start trying again, but then I think some more and give it a big old "nahhh, not yet!" Our initial plan was that we were going to start trying once he hit a year in June, but now we have to go to a wedding in FL come October and we are thinking that's when we'll start again. We'll see (o:

I am wondering for everyone who is going on baby #2 or who already has #2. This is strange but I feel not so weird asking you ladies. Sometimes I getting really emotional thinking about my second child and Joey. I know that I (and everyone else) loves all of their children. But sometimes I start to think of how MUCH I love this little monkey and how I would never want him to feel any less loved due to a new sibling that requires so much attention. And I know, I know you have to find time for both and so forth. But I'm not an idiot, I know how demanding babies are. I just don't ever want Joey to feel like that.

Am I making any sense???

Celiny, congrats on hitting the under 100 days mark. I remember how damn excited I was when I hit that mark too. First I was excited for getting under the 200 mark lol.

Emy, it will happen. I am sorry that damn AF had to show up. What is she thinking?! (o:

So I did something fab yesterday! I contacted a credit consilidator company. I am so happy, in 3 years we KNOW we will be DEBT FREE!! There was no end in sight with all of the over limit and late fees. The min payments were too high and no matter how much I paid them, it was going nowhere. I am so happy. So I just wanted to share my happy news, as this is my resolution.

Ohh and I'm so happy, hubby and my sex life is finally starting to rev back up. Wooohooo!!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 12:10 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Awesome news March and congradulations!!!

Emy, I know you really want to be prego right now but when the time is right for either of us it will happen.

Aunt Flo is officially late for me but I don't think it means anything yet. I'm just guessing I'm on another irregular cycle. I should know for sure by next week or the following week. I'm also wondering if I ovulated the first 2 days of this month instead of when I thought I did because I had some sharp pain that felt like I was ovulating. If that's the case then my next cycle won't start until next week or the following week. I'm also not stressing about it right now because DH and I are trying to remodel our house. The kitchen is almost done and the next major job will be the bathroom which we hope to completely gut out. So although we are TTC right now, I'm hoping the baby won't be here until that job is done.

One of my bridesmaids that was pregnant is going to be induced on Monday morning for her second child. I'm so happy for her. I did her baby shower for her last Saturday and I think it went ok. I can't wait to see her new little one.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Husband & Wife

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 1:19 AM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

Celiny - I finally gained weight. Currently am up two pounds..lol. But remember, I was really sick, so I'm thinking (and kinda terrifed, lol) that the weight will now start piling on REALLY quickly. Also, I was a tiny bit heavy to start with (apparently I looked normal to other people, but my BMI was a bit high) so maybe that has something to do with it too....

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Bird - I only gained 19 lbs my whole pregnancy. I too lost weight at first due to being so sick for the first 20 weeks. I threw up non stop. I eventually added some weight on and at 40 weeks it was a total of 19 lbs. When I went back for my 6 week checkup, I was 30 lbs lighter. It was awesome. (o: If you eat right, I wouldn't worry about gaining a lot of weight it sounds like you're doing awesome!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

toto Posts : 54 Registered: 8/18/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

I'm jealous of you all who lost weight - I've gained 5 lbs!!! No sickness for me, though. And it's for the baby, so it's okay.

I had my first u/s today!!! Baby is measuring right on track - 125 bpm heartrate (and what a beautiful sound/sight that was!). My EDD is August 28th - my brother's birthday! I'm so thrilled!

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: toto

So very happy for you Toto, hopefully you won't get sick at all. I was sick most of my pregnancy with my second child. The first just in the beginning.

Joey, will feel just as loved with a sibling as he does right now. I am the oldest of five kids, my sister is just a year younger than me, I don't remember her ever not being there so I can say I never felt like I lost any of my parents love or attention when she came along. The only problem we had is that we share a birthday month so we always had our party together. I was three when the next one came along and nothing was any different then either. Five with the next one and eight with the last. I never felt slighted with any of them.

My mom always managed to make time for all of us. We all always felt special. Even with five kids she managed to find time to give us one on one attention. As long as you do that your kids should be fine.

My girls who are now adults say they were fine because I was able to be mom to each of them when she needed it. I always have given all three of my kids time that was just for them. We had and still have mother/child time at that time they are the star of the show.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

wedding ticker

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 6:30 PM Go to message in response to: toto

Congrats on your first ultrasound Toto!! Wasn't it just amazing seeing that little fluttering heartbeat!

Birdie, I gained most of my pregnancy weight in the last couple months. I think I had only gained about 5 lbs around midway, and my weight can vary by about 5 lbs normally. Just make sure you are taking your vitamins and try to eat healthy!

Here are a couple links to Faith's photos... I cannot seem to figure out the new way of uploading photos without them being fuzzy from changing the aspect ratio especially the ones aligned horizontally!

http://picasaweb.google.com/Janice.Olick/FaithProfessionalPictures?authkey=gx6wWLzeeq0&feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/Janice.Olick/FaithAnnOriginalSize?authkey=492anpnm3sU&feat=directlink

Faith will be 3 months old next week so I think we will be scheduling another round of professional photos. Hopefully they don't take as long to come in as the ones we had done at 5 weeks!

-Janice
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

HisQueenB Posts : 94 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Congrats MARCH- that is so exciting!

Toto: that is so wonderful that you were able to see the little one! II bet it was such a relief. I am glad everything seems to be right on track.

Celiny: that sounds pretty scary about the clotting of your blood! At least this time they know what to expect.

I am up apparently 5 lbs and I will be 20 weeks next week. I am so very thrilled about this because with Autumn I gained 47 lovely lbs. I was very underweight when I got pregnant with her plus I def. indulged! As fas as the whole second kid thing is concerned, I always thought that was the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I mean come on, they are both going to be your kids- you just love them. WELL my opinion completely changed when I had Autumn. It is so hard to imagine how I could love someone else the way I love her. But I am not going to stress over it- I am sure one day I will look back and laugh at that while staring at my two wonderful little girls :)

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: HisQueenB

Hello to all of the mommies, mommies to be and those of us hoping to be!

I've kind of been lurking on here since, well honestly before I was married! ;) My DH and I are hoping to start TTC this summer and I am hoping for some advice. I'm doing all of the lovely things I think I need to do before but was wondering if there are any recommended books or websites? I know many people with children so I feel silly asking but what kinds of things should I be doing at this point? I was a smoker and have successfully quit (yay me!), I have been taking a multi vitamin and know that I need to start folic acids as we get closer and our plan as of now is to get off of BC after next month so I can have a healthy period. Is there anything else? Thank you in advance for any advice...

Oh and you all have such beautiful children!
wedding ticker for myspace

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

I have a question for all the other mommies out there... At what ages did you get pictures taken of your baby?

We had newborn pictures in the hospital and that came with a free in-home session that we had done at 5 weeks. Faith will be 3 months old next week and I am trying to decide if I should schedule another session now or wait until she is 4 months old.

-Janice

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

So lately I noticed some weird minor pain in my lower abdomen and I didn't think too much of it. I knew that I was possibly late but figured that maybe I was just on another irregular cycle. My curiosity got the best of me so I decided to test to confirm just like Toto did that I was not pregnant. Much to my surprise it said pregnant. I told my husband and he gave me 2 bottles of water to drink and said I was going to test again. So I humored him and even with a diluted sample it still came out positive.

I did not think that I would be pregnant this soon. I figured it would take at least a couple of months to get pregnant and not just 1 month of trying. So I'm in shock and now trying to deal with medical insurance since my work is between plans and now my husband needs to add me to his plan. A friend of mine that is being induced today goes to the same doctor that I will be going to and she said they won't see me until I'm at least 10 weeks which means I have some time. I'm guessing that I"m about 6 weeks along and that the baby will be due in Sept.

The only bad thing that I'm having to face right now is that my SIL is very jealous now and upset. She had wanted me to wait at least a year before trying. I was told in the past that I might have Poly cystic ovarian syndrome and that it might be difficult for me to get pregnant which is why I did not see the harm in trying so soon. Then one of my co workers who is 23 and I'm 29 is upset with me because she's been trying since July and now feels as if she has to stop because she thinks 2 of us can't be on maternity leave at the same time. So last night at work really sucked and added stress on me. I ended up keeping to myself being lonely while my 2 co-workers socialized. Then of course there was the low blows to ignore as well. So the news hasn't been a complete welcome to all unfortunately. I just hope things will get better fast. In the mean time I'm trying to eat right so I can be healthy but also lose some weight before the baby weight starts to pack on.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Husband & Wife

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

FYI for any of you who dont go outside this thread ... my nephew was born Jan 8th! I was there to witness the birth and it was pretty lifechanging to say the least. I posted the whole story plus pictures in this Married Life section on a thread called Welcome Nephew.:)

Back in Jersey now after 2 weeks in Mass with my parents. Its nice to be home and with my hubby again, but was worth it staying there so long to see the birth. Amazing. I have a whole new respect for my sister in law and ALL you women who have given birth. My God. lol. I dont know how you all do it, for real. It astounds me.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

Congrats AmyDR!! Yay! Don't let your SIL or coworkers rain on your parade!

-Janice

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

Congrats Amy, I am so very happy for you. Don't let anyone rain on your parade. You are pregnant now because you were meant to be. If your co-worker isn't it is because she isn't supposed to be. We are happy for you even if they are not. They will get over it, if not tough tittie. Enjoy your pregnancy and screw all who are not happy for you.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

wedding ticker

Celiny Posts : 285 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

YAY! Congratulations Amy!!! I wish you all the best during your pregnancy. Just ignore your co-workers. They obviously have a hard time dealing with their jealousy.

Janice - I had professional pics taken of Makenna at 3 weeks, 4 months, 9 months, 13 months, and 18 months. She's now 4 yrs old, and unfortunately I haven't had prof pics since her 18 month photos. I kind of regret that a bit. We do have tons of home pics of her though. The pictures of Faith are adorable, by the way.

I will be 27 weeks pregnant in 2 days. That means I'm entering my third trimester. I can't believe it. One change that I've noticed in the past week, is the amount of times I have to get up in the night to go pee. I was actually sleeping all the way through the night until just recently. Now I'm getting up at least 2-3 times. I'm sure it will only get worse. I remember in the end of my first pregnancy, I was having to get up every 2 hours! I don't think my stomach has gotten much bigger from a month ago, but my daughter seems to think it has. She says, "Whoa mommy, you're tummy is getting BIG!" She's starting to get restless, and wants her little brother to come out so she can play with him. My husband and I were having a really hard time coming up with a name for the baby. We had settled on Hudson, and told EVERYONE that was his name. Then after a month, I decided I didn't like it anymore... much to the annoyment of my husband. LOL
Now I'm pretty sure we're going with Oliver. I think it's cute. It's not far out there, but not popular either. We are giving him the middle name of King. It isn't a family name or have any relevance, other than the fact that our daughter picked it out. We thought it would be nice to let her be involved. From the time I was 3 months pregnant, she has been calling the baby King for some reason. We told her that that couldn't be his name, but that we could give it to him as his middle name. Now she calls him King Oliver. It's rather funny.
Hey, anyone else feeling a lot of kicking yet? This little guy never stops! Even when my midwife was feeling my stomach she said, "whoa, he sure is active." He's probably going to be 5 lbs at birth from constantly burning so many calories! haha

preview image

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine