May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)

Online Users: 1,262 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,379

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Re: May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Yay for getting flights booked! That's definitely exciting. I'm sure you've already said it before, but where will your cruise be taking you? I'll live vicariously through you because I'm not sure we'll have a honeymoon. I can live with that :) And if we do have one, it'll be a surprise, lol.

So yes, I definitely feel like it's crunch time right now. In about 2 weeks the countdown will be 4 months...yikes!!!! I'm working hard at the moment. I've sent emails to the photographer about possible engagement pics, the baker about making cake decisions, and have gone through a number of picture ideas on here and the knot for decoration, cake, flower, and bridesmaid dress ideas. I'm in full planning mode! I've also sent a number of emails and made phone calls about an officiant. Top priority!!! My sister and I already plan on going to look at BM dresses this weekend. I'm hoping she can make a quick decision! I'm going to call my other BM today to see if this weekend will work. Hmm...I'm sure I'll think of other things to work on. It's just going to feel so awesome to actually get things completely checked off. I mean, yes we've sent in deposits for most big things, but nothing concrete has been established (type of music, cake design, decorations, menus). It'll be nice to get those things done!

What are you ladies up to?

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

***Side Note***

I wish I was this "into" making wedding decisions and planning a few months ago! Wow...I could have a lot done by now. We've been engaged for a little over 2 years and it's like I barely have anything accomplished. Yay (really boo) for procrastination...

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

DAS you're like me! I love to make lists and then check things off, feels great!! My poor list needs to be getting things checked off!! haha

We're going on the Carnival Legend to the Western Carribbean, SOOOO excited!!! I can't wait!!!

"Come What May... "

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

I'm trying to be in full planning mode, lol. I feel like I have everything done so now I'm coming up with other stuff to do that I hadn't planned on to keep myself busy and not get anxoius for the wedding. So I am currently making CD's with 15 songs that FH and I like and have cute titles that I can name the tables after and then print inserts for the CD cases that have the guests name and what table they are sitting at instead of place cards. Other then that I don't have much going on. I know that my shower is being planned, which is exciting, and my FMIL asked about going to check out the rehearsal dinner place soon, yeah.

What's everybody else working on?

preview photopreview image

preview image

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

I finally feel like I am getting something done! We booked our rehearsal dinner site last night, I found a cute tiara for my flower girl on sale today, we are meeting with the priest tomorrow and the reception site on Friday! We are also having an invitation making party in a couple of weeks because we are doing our own invites and our friends offered to help put them together in exchange for us having a little party.

In answer to whoever asked this, I actually feel like you have to order the invites as early as possible because as I stand right now, the invites need to go out in less than 2 months (2 months before the wedding) and we still have to put them together, address and stamp them before they can go out. For 150 invites, that's a lot to do in 2 months!

What is everyone doing for programs?

MichelleandRob Posts : 194 Registered: 5/12/08
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: mobride09

DAS: I am making fans. My ceremony is outside and the reception is inside. Program on one side and a saying from "When Harry Met Sally" on the other (FH nickname is Harry and mine is Sally ~ from the movie). Two pieces of cardstock with a tongue depressor type of stick in the middle with some ribbon tied on it. I will print the information on the cardstock before assembly.

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: mobride09

We're skipping the programs. Didn't really see the point.

preview image

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 12:10 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

I am doing a fan program too. Except I am doing ones with multiple layers that you pull out and it can make a fan, probably not a very effective one, but has a fan look to it.

My mom is looking into having her work (an insurance company) print invitations for me. I guess they have a special department for printing various things and they did wedding invitations for someone that works there, and they can do special designs. I am not sure if this is something a person in the printing department does on the side or if the company does it even though they are an insurance company. But my mom is looking into it for me. She did tell me though that the girl she works with paid $60something for 200 invitations. I was planning on paying $350 for around 150 invitations. I think this might be one of those too good to be true moments.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

I don't think it's too good to be true, lol! I'm getting my invitations for free from our local tech school because it gives the graphic design students some practice! And they look as good as anything else I've seen!

preview image

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Free invitations would be AMAZING!!! Soooo jealous :) I think we'll be setting up an appointment to meet with someone here who just does local work. She's just starting so people are saying her prices are inexpensive...I really have no idea because I haven't seen much in the way of invitations. But, if any of you have ideas, this is what the invitations consist of: Invitiation, accomodations card, thank you card, envelopes for those that need them (invitation and thank you cards). The RSVP cards are preprinted with our address and they're like postcards. You get a set of 50 of those types of invitations for $175. Good price???

I mean, I think it's expensive for freakin paper...but what is an average cost for invitations? And I would have to get 2 sets since we'll need more than 50 invites....thoughts?

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

I think that's a really good price for everything you're getting. I know people that have paid more for just invitations. The only other thing that I could think of that might be cheaper would be to make your own.

preview image

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

I would love to make them on our own...however, I'm not too printer savvy and FH had a difficult enough time printing our STDs (plus he gave up after about 50 of them) gotta love him. So I'm thinking this is one thing we better have someone else do, haha!

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 8:05 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

So today I did a bunch of calls and got quotes for things. One of the things we really want is to rent those drink machines- they make frozen type smoothie like drinks... well we were going to have Peach Daquari's made with Champaigne- VERY GOOD!! So I got the quote and it's pretty high. We had 2 things we really wanted at our reception- just to make a fun time and a little unique- caricature atrist and the drink machines. Unfortunately no-go on the caricature artist, can't afford it, and looks like the drink machines will be out too! UGH to bad economy and unemployment!!! Grrr....

Anyway, enough vent, just wanted to throw out a quick question! Do any of you know where to get those Monogram Cake Topper sticks? We just want a large silver Last Initial and small first initials sticking on top of our pie... all the ones I find though are VERY expensive!! Know where I can find one? I thought of Michaels... but can't find them....

Anyway, I did get our linens! Just for the head table, but I'm excited! :)

"Come What May... "

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 1:44 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke, I found my monogram (just one initial though) cake topper on ebay, but they had tons of them on there.

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

Thanks Charlotte- I'll check e-bay out!!

"Come What May... "

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine