The Kelleys Florida VACA -LILYS Wedding Story -UPDATED by LILY w/PICS!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 35

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Re: Kelley -MisterKelleys Florida Vacation (and lilysolovelys wedding) -PICS!!
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 8:19 PM Go to message in response to: lori83

Lookin' forward to it, Lori! I feel like I can breathe now, lol.

Mushaboo, I had not seen anyone on here that was using the Grand Plaza either...our party was not so big, but I loved the Imperial Balroom much more and I hve a thing with tall buildings and could not spend my whole evening trying not to tlook out the iwindows - it's nice for a little while, but then at night is worse. I personally think that 150 people is way too many to have in there, but to each his own.

I have a quick question...did the sales rep tell you that you would have a room included with your package? Mine sure did and they tried to tell me we had no room for the night and made it a problem for us, one quickly handled by Kelley, thank goddess! But anyway, I was just wondering...

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: The Kelleys Florida VACA -LILYS Wedding Story -UPDATED by LILY w/PICS!
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 11:53 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Lily-thank you sooo much for the nice words. It was awesome meeting you and you are/were one of the sweetest people Ive worked with and am happy to call my friend. So howd you like that pic of Misterkelley tying the satin bows on the chairs? That just cracks me up everytime lol. Husbands are free labor.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

Lily, your pictures were lovely and I am so happy to see a handfasting! We're doing that too -- I wish we could do the all out ceremony, but my Southern Baptist parents would have a conniption.

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 5:43 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Cat mentioned the handfasting in lilys ceremony. It reminded me that I neglected to say how absolutely gorgeous lilys wedding ceremony was. Probably one of the best I have seen ... as far as it being personal, being totally 100% THEM, and just having such significant meaning. It was a gorgeous surrounding but the words said were even more amazing, and I loved the whole symbolism of getting married ina circle. Very beautiful.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

Those are awsome pictures, congrats.....and please don't leave us!

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I'm not leaving! Just had to take a li'l vacation while work promotion/new responsibilities and pending wedding were crashing in on me, lol!

Thank you so much for the sweet comments about our ceremony Kelley! I wrote that with my officient, Lady Nakomahawke, who is a dear friend of mine. I am so lucky to have had her marry us. Yes, MisterKelley tying frilly bows IS a hillarious phenomenon!! Love that photo, LOL! I am so happy you were there to share the day with me, you're the BEST!

Cat - if you would like a copy of the ceremony, I'd be happy to send one to you. I was able to include some things that are not generally a part of the 'hand-fasting' tradition, but they are such beautiful sentiments that I felt the were completely appropriate. Some of them are not Wicca-based and can be used in any non-pagan ceremony, some are but they can be altered a bit and 'couched in christianity' and only you will know the significance...which is what matters anyway.

I am so happy I did it my way because now I don't have to go back over it in my head thinking ' damn, I really wanted to do such and such...I wish I had...' and the best advice anyone gave me was my officient - she told me " Lily, I can get up there and say 'Juba Juba Juba' and as long as it is what you feel will make you happy and married...then so be it! - Do it the way YOU want to remember your wedding!" I went for the nature names, Mother Earth and Father Sky rather than God and Goddess, so as to give guests the general idea of the nature base of our religion, and we even called the quarters - everyone stood and faced N,S,E & W, no one had a problem...and all seemed to be pleased with it. At least, no one said otherwise to my face, lol.

I, too, had a few of my family who were not even aware of my spiritual preferences...they came, they thought it was beautiful, they said to my cousin the next day ' when did she get into that?' and that was about all that was said. I figured they would look up the word 'hand-fasting' when they received the invitation and get a clue...but I guess not, lol. The actual hand-fasting cord was easy to make and I actually made it on the drive over the bridge ( so if you need instructions just PM me) - and if people ask, it's why they always say 'tie the knot' - and many Christian pastors use their ceremonial cloths to wrap the couple's hands in much the same way - so if you want to do it - go right on ahead and do it!

Mushaboo - I am sorry I forgot to answer your question about the hairdresser - I had mine done on the Tampa side of the bay before heading over to the ceremony. I would not receommend a couple of hours time in between hairdressing and actual beginning of ceremony - my hair was just too heavy to hold all those curls for very long. My hairdresser couldn't come because shortage of employees at work :o( But, it looked great at the ceremony, just didn't last the evening. The Presidential ballroom was my first choice, but then visiting, I knew I had to be on the ground floor, lol. I know they have coordinators there, but I seriously recommend a day of coordinator! The competant one they gave me went on maternity leave two months before the wedding, and her replacement was particularly useless both before and during the wedding. Not to bash, but that's the truth - if you need to know which one, just PM me.

I would also be on top of any set-up changes you want. We got there to decorate and NONE of the changes we asked for were ready - so we had to wait nearly all day on the day before the wedding - just to do some decorating! As a result, I got to exactly none of my beauty appointments - and ended up forgetting to get my eyebrows waxed early the next morning - Argh! Thankfully my MOH had her tweezers!!

And check the cake table! They wheeled one out there for us and it was so dang wobbley! Plus the guy did not lock the wheels! Yeah, they replaced that right quick cause I was not about to have my cake fall on the floor.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine