The Kelleys Florida VACA -LILYS Wedding Story -UPDATED by LILY w/PICS!

Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 35

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Re: Kelley -MisterKelleys Florida Vacation (and lilysolovelys wedding) -PICS!!
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time. Kudos to MisterKelley for jumping in and helping out with the wedding.

BTW - you guys missed some pretty good Knottieness... not sure if you've found the threads yet.

Tobi & Brian - April 21, 2008

Photobucket

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ah..Kel! That place looks fabulous! I love, love the beach scene. And Lily's wedding looks beautiful too!

Since you are able to post coherently, I guess that means you survived the plane trips ok.

Welcome back.

Maggie and Tom-8-31-08

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

The beach looks beautiful! I also adore sitting in a hottub at night when it starts to get a tad chilly. One of my favorite things ever. :)

10/26/08 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Tobi - what is this "knottiness" that you speak of? I did see the thread about hating The Knot, is that what you mean? I hate missing good board drama lol.

Luva - AH YES the flight! I think that in spite of everything, I did fairly well on the plane rides, although DH might disagree, Im sure I drove him mental since I asked about 20x per trip "what was that noise? What about that one? Is that normal? That sounds weird , whats happening? what are those flashing lights on the wing? Why arent we moving yet? When do we take off? I feel sick" etc etc. So yes, I survived. THANK GOD FOR JETBLUE and their TVs in every seat with headphones and like 60 channels. I watched a movie, TV shows, all kinds of stuff, it really helped distract me. I still freaked out during landing and takeoff, but not as badly as I usually do. The ride back to New Jersey was a different story though. About halfway thru the flight I could feel my stomach tying up in knots and I didnt think I would make it. It was a 5pm flight so it was PITCH DARK and not konwing my surroundings like that really freaked me out. The SECOND I got off the plane I was in the ladies room for a good 20min getting sick to my stomache. I literally made myself sick with anxiety and worry. It was bad. I really shoudl have tried harder to get my hands on some kind of meds or something to calm me, but oh well. :)

By the way, Lily and her DH are in New Orleans for their honeymoon. How cool is that???

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 5:59 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelly! LOVE the pics! Makes me miss Florida!! I interned in Clearwater a few summers ago so I know exactly where you were! And please tell Mr. Kelley that I share his love for Publix subs! They're amazing! We need a Publix up here in the north!! Glad you had a great time, and Lily's wedding looked beautiful!!

"Come What May... "

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 7:18 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

MisterKelley Posts : 258 Registered: 7/11/08
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Florida's a dump!!! It was too cold, I hate the beach. Water was only 63 degrees - blows. I got a backache from being Kelley's stupid errand boy, I never even got paid. Some nimrod in the Waffle House decided to play Jimmy Buffet songs on the JukeBox - Margarettaville! how original. I had to pull the bed down out of the wall at night WTF????? Kelley completely flipped out when she spotted a Gecko. I found it funny, Kelley? not so much. Went to the Golden Corral - that alone makes you like feeling like you already belong to AARP and look forward to Shuffleboard Tournaments and Bingo. Publix Sub was ok.

P.S. the reason why there's a blank post by Kelley is because for some unknown reason, even though I'm signed in as Misterkelley, my post got posted under Kelleyiskelley!! I reported it to the Mods so hopefully it will get taken care of and there will be no need for further bloodshed and violence.

MisterKelley - Now specializing in Trainwrecks and Jackassery

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: MisterKelley

Kelley and MisterKelley- Holy crap! First I have to say get out of my life. The timeshare place you stayed at is the same one that Robert's mom owns at. F'ing weird. Then the resort you were at for the wedding reception is the same one that my wedding is going to be at except I have opted for the Presidental Suite on the 11th floor. Smaller room, more to the Groom's taste. Kelley, you missed my parents being robbed by a gang of hood rats and lost about $10K worth of stuff so I'm now having my wedding back in Florida again. My parents can't afford to fly to NYC. Wyndham reduced our employee benefits as well (cut out family discounts by a lot) so the hotel would cost them $150 a nite. I could not get married without my mom. We're too close. Alas, such is life.

MrK- Did you get the sub from the Publix across from the Grand Plaza? If so, avoid that place like the plague. I've never had a good sub from there.

Waffle House rocks at 3 am when you just need dirt cheap eggs and a T-Bone steak. lmao. I haven't been in one since HS and first year of college. LOTS of sobering up jobs done with the smothered and covered hash browns. I actually had a guy take me on a date there, one date....there was no second date.

The weather.....I was one of those people in jackets. I hate cold weather. I've been in Florida for 8 years and I think I've become spoiled by too many warm sunny days. Yep, 40s here is FREEZING as ridiculous as it sounds.

All in all I'm glad you've had fun. I'd laugh if I found out you guys were in the same room that FMIL has a week in there. If it was, wash yourself 3 times a day for the next week. That woman is toxic. lol

Nan- Tell your DH that Tampa area is always safe from hurricanes. They haven't had a hurricane come into the bay of Tampa since 1921 I believe.

ever thine          ever mine          ever ours

Check out our site http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush - okay, all of that is too weird! My parents own a timeshare on CapeCod Mass so they traded their week to get us last week in Florida. The room we stayed in was one of the smaller ones, a studio where the bed pulls out from the wall. THats all my parents could get us this time of year, everything else was booked. I can tell you the room number if you want lol, it was on the 4th floor. I will die if its the same damn room, that would be sooooo funny. We lovd the resort though, so pretty. The beach was fantastic. And what are you talkin about 40s? It was 50s and up the whole week. At NIGHT it was 40s but daytime it was gorgeous. We landed it was 74 the first night, then two days of "cold snap" HA HA HA It was high 50s, low 60s. I guess thats a cold snap down there which is hilarity. Then it was back to 70. Perfection. Id love to live there during the "cold" half of the year. The hot humid nasty summers though, no thanks. I hope one day we can afford two places cuz thats what I woudl love to do.

What else? Oh we went to the Publix in the Largo area, dont know where exactly, but we kept driving over to the Clearwater area a lot since thats where DH used to live, so it was somewhere around there.
The Grand Plaza was really pretty. Thats so funny youre getting marired there!!! lol. We were in the Imperial Room.
Um your parents got robbed? WTH? Are they ok? THat is awful hon. Im so sad you cant have your empire state wedding... wow that sucks. But yeah I couldnt get married without my mom there either, so I get it.

Waffle House was just plain funny. Hilarious. And those hash browns rocked.

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 1:10 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Her room number is 603. I've only been there once. I only stood in the living room and on the balcony so I couldn't tell you if it was a murphy bed set up room or not. You know I try to stay away from that woman as much as possible.

We liked the Imperial Room, but it was too big for our wedding. They recommend it for weddings over 100 up to 165. We won't have that many.

My parents are OK. My brother held one of the guys at gunpoint until the cops came (yes he has a concealed license). There was a gang of them, literally. They are all in a Mexican gang called the Dover Locos. Scum. Nothing better to do than rob honest hard working people. Fun link to FL gangs can be found here if you're really bored. http://www.knowgangs.com/news/sept07/2701.php You know what is even funnier is that most of the Locos are illegal. However, the local and county police state it isn't their job to check up on who's illegal or not. Hmmm, the guy they arrested has been put in jail 9 times.....shouldn't someone be able to report to someone else that he's illegally here????? So, now my parents have to go testify against a gang. The police told them to expect retaliation from the gang if the loser gets jail time.

Didn't mean to spoil your fun about your trip with my parents' drama. Just facts, eh? Anywho, glad the "cold snap" is over. Today was 78 and sunny.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush - thats really scary about what happened to your parents. Damn. I would have been scared out of my mind. I hope they are okay emotionally and all that.

Our room didnt have a balcony , it was just a studio and they dont have balconies, so it wasnt the same room. Its weird enough that its the same resort lol.

Got an email from Lily today saying they are home from honeymoon, so hopefully she will come in here soon and say hello and show us all those awesome pics....

:)

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

You ladies are the best! Been gone so long and still you all have such nice things to say...it's does a girl's heart good!

I had the honor to meet one of our sites most helpful and caring people...KelleyLynn! She kindlyand efficiently put up with all of my crazy family to coordinate our wedding day! Thank you, Kelley, for everything that you have done for me, I couldn't have pulled it off with out you! MisterKelley is just as kind as his lovely wife and they both went out of thier way to make sure myday was the happiest of my life. Thank You both from the bottom of my heart!

So, the day we are to meet, I have some nother bit of wedding drama happen and I have to reschedule for the next day. I was late, as usual, and I picked her up at the beachfront condos, we drove out to my ceremony site, which was unbelievably close to where she and MisterKelley were staying! Close enough to raise eyebrows...Then we went to the Grand Plaza and then afterwards, the sweet woman treated the bride to lunch. It was a little place called Sliders, I think, great food- but little did we know, they were doing some 'renovations' that gorgeous florida afternoon, lol - the most screeechin' loudest whining drill or saw or whatever the hell it was! They were installing some apparatus on the windows at the expense of our eardrums. We sat outside cause inside was stuffy and yes, a little stodgy, however insulated it was from the drill noise.

So now we try to eat and discuss wedding plans and specifics, cause we now have all of two days to the wedding due to whatever wedding drama prevented me from arriving the day before, I don't even remember at this point, lol, it's all a blurr. We had a very fun time even with the horrendous noises coming from around the corner of the building. I do remember the food really was great, I had a Greek chicken salad and now I am hungry thinking about it, lol. I was so hungry the last few days before the wedding - seemed there was no time to eat, and on my wedding day I got to eat an egg roll from the restaurant next door while I was having my hair done - comfort food.

Now, we FF to day of the wedding...I was late, as usual...and here is the link to the slideshow because I cannot get the dang pictures to paste on here any size but squinched down to 2cm tall. I miss the old picture paster! The slideshow pics are mostly captured from our DVD because I don't get the photos back from the photographer for another few days. There are three of them she sent me so far included in here, but the rest are from friends and the DVD with not the best resolution, so it's a bit blurry, but I needed to get them done. The pics of Kelley and I are coming with the pro photos - I can't believe I didn't take pics at my own wedding - but my camera stayed in my bag.

http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery.php?source=ppsl&instanceid=129580191

and here is the hoenymoon slideshow - we went to New Orleans! Had the best time of our lives! On a very small budget, we wandered the streets of the French Quarter all day. We'd have breakfast at our hotel, lunch around 2 or 3 in the Quarter, go back to our suite and rest, then out for more walking and dinner. Our first lunch was at a place called Cloverfield's Diner 24/7 - they cook your hamburger in a hub cap! I didn't know this until a few days after I ate the burger, it was a damn good burger. We only ate at he same place twice, we both got a cold two days after the wedding, and I had chili that I couldn't taste, so we went back for me to taste it, lol. It was a fantastic journey and we will be going back for our anniversary, I cannot wait. We discussed moving there once we make some decent money. I feel so at home there, when I went at age 19, I decided to go to college there- dad was too worried since he used to live there at age 19, lol! This time it was even more evident, I could live there and be happy.

http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery.php?source=ppsl&instanceid=129243840

And you can also view some of the wedding pics in my album here at brides.

{font} Edited by: mrslilysolovely on Jan 4, 2009 1:41 PM

Edited by: mrslilysolovely on Jan 4, 2009 1:49 PM

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 2:13 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

MrsLily, welcome back. As soon as I saw you were getting married at the Grand Plaza, I got super excited. I've never known anyone to get married and/or have a reception there so I'm very glad it went well.

Congrats!!!!!

If I may ask, is where you got your hair done close to the Plaza? I'm in need of a stylist in that area.

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Loved the slideshow! Beautiful dress, too.

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

Welcome back Lily! I hope to see a bit more of you now that the wedding stress is over.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine