What Did YOU get for Christmas?

Online Users: 1,301 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 57

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Re: What Did YOU get for Christmas?
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Bride2008- I was pretty sure you could download songs! I'm definitely going to have to get the new Guitar Heroes for our XBox. It's been awhile since I've played...but I'm sure I can get my rock rhythm back

Mushaboo- Your kitty is too cute. Our kitten would go under the tree and sleep too. I never did get a good picture though. We couldn't even put our presents under the tree this year. We had to keep them in a closet because the kitten would tear of the ribbons and tear the wrapping paper. Anyway, you got a cute pic.

I can't believe that Christmas is over already! It sounds like everyone had a great day though.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Thanks, ladies. He's a sweetie. He doesn't climb the tree or do anything stupid. He just wants to be in a hidden place. He's my favorite fur baby!

ever thine          ever mine          ever ours

Check out our site http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

everyone got great stuff!!

my mom got me this great ornament with my stocking this year:

IMG_0454.jpg picture by anotherwhisperrush

my husband surprised me with this ring:
IMG_0435.jpg picture by anotherwhisperrush

i love it! it's my own little snowball! an aquamarine in a halo of diamonds

he also gave me a spa gift certificate, a twilight shirt (you don't know how long i have waited for you), twilight buttons, a cd, socks, slippers, a hat. that's all i can think of right now!

i got him a golf bag, a train for around our tree, xbox game, bourne trillogy and some little stuff!

also i got my mom this great ornament that is so perfect for her, i have to share:

and last i just have to include our kitties in rare photogentic moods:

also this gift bag we were given looks just like coco when she was a baby! :

thanks for humoring me with all these photos!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 8:35 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Hi Ladies!

I am a little pissed right now. I just spent an hour replying to every reply and my computer died! Oh My God I hate that!

Well, anyway, it looks like everybody made out awesome here!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Anyway, I'm over being pissed. I can't respond to everyone seperately like I did so I'll tell you what I got. I got a .22 semi-automatic pistol to match his .380. I'm sorry, And $300 for Kohl's. Ohhhh! Other stuff...., too. I'm pissed! The old program didn't do this!

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 8:49 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

oh i can't believe that happened!!

sounds like you got a great gift card!!

we did a gift card exchange and i got one for the movie theater, which i am pleased with! hehe

Stephorse Posts : 138 Registered: 1/31/08
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I had a very nice christmas, and even though the gifts are nice, I enjoy giving other people gifts and spending time with family more so then the gifts I get, not that they were bad, but more so this year I didn't really want much. I did finally get my douney and bourke zebra purse that I've been wanting, a new cellphone, and enough gift cards for my FH and I to get a new digital camera for nothing, which will be very exciting! I'm so glad to hear that a lot of people had a very nice Christmas.

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 9:33 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

ooooh I'm jealous about your scissors!!! I got the Singstar country, I was looking for the 90s today and they didn't have any more! You'll have to let me know if there are a lot of good songs on it!

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

oooh! I forgot they made .22 pistols--I want one for my birthday!! (I'm sure Dad or Grandpa has one they'll part with! Dad has one of those HUGE remington gun safes) Not that I can use it here in the city ('cept if someone breaks in!) but I remember using my other Grandpa's pistol and I was pretty darn good!
I've replied to some posts and it never shows up.... My watched threads never update when someone replies either--I want my old brides back!
I do enjoy giving presents too--and I made my Mom cry! I got her a photo mousepad with some of our wedding pics and some of my brother's from 2 years ago--she bawled like a baby! And a cell phone charger that's in a PEN! (yea Avon!) So I never have to hear the phone doesn't have juice when she wants it again! And Gpa got his farmer's almanac... And the other grandparents both got digital photo frames FILLED with pics of their Grandchildren, Great-Grandchildren, and Great-Great Grandchildren! I don't think Gpa liked it at first (he's in a nursing home) 'cause it was connected to the PC when I showed him, he doesn't even like calculators!! But I caught him smiling and laughing at those pics! And Gma adores hers! My neice and nephew I thought would scream at no toys--but they LOVE their footed jammies I got them! (my neice was begging for them a few months ago) So I think this family had a great Christmas all around!

ThePhotoBride Posts : 48 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

The best gift by far...Rascal Flatts concert tickets. :) They're coming to NC in a few weeks. Can't wait!

Franko Posts : 128 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: ThePhotoBride

went out to dinner with family and my dear

I bought our rings @

TheFutureMrsL Posts : 59 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I have not gotten a single item for christmas so far just gift cards which is nice because there aren't many things I want or even need other then a flat screen tv and we are going to use the gift cards for that! One thing that's kind of on the worst list is my FH that is normally very thoughtful with gifts just ended up getting me a Barnes and Noble gift cards for $25 and this is probably my own fault because we want to get the big pricey tv I suggested we don't get eachother a gift and he didn't want to do that so we decided to get eachother gifts but I requested we keep the budget low. I got him season 4 of Lost on DVD which was about twice as expensive and I just dunno what to think about it I'm trying not to be bummed but I can't help it. He felt bad cuz he could tell I was bummed. The biggest bummer is I got two gift card for B&N...oh well

TheFutureMrsL Posts : 59 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

sorry double post was having interenet problems

Edited by: TheFutureMrsL on Dec 27, 2008 12:13 PM

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: TheFutureMrsL

We spent less thannormal this year due to economy and being broke, but had a GREAT Xmas anyway.

Parents got DH and me stockings filled with fun stuff like movie passes, restaurant gift cards, stamps, stationary, candy, etc etc. And then they gave us money to go shopping with since we both need clothes and shoes desperately.

MisterK got me a Garmin GPS system for our car so I can stop getting lost whenever I do Jersey weddings lol. He also got me a visa gift card to shop, a brian setzer orchestra Christmas CD, and the best thing ever ... an original ATARI with PacMan and Combat and like 8 other games Im sooo excited to hook it up and play. Goin back to my childhood....

I got MisterK seasons 1 and 2 of his fave show,The West Wing,on dvd, itunes gift card, some stocking stuffers,and a GUITAR!!! So now he has SIX of them lol. He was totally shocked and loves it....

I am still at my parents house in Mass - impatiently awaiting the arrival of my brand new nephew, who is "technically" due today. But the mom to be feels fine,so it could be awhile....

So Im hanging around another 4-5 days tops hoping the little sucker is BORN SOON!!lol.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 7:57 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Although he told me my engagement ring would be my only gift, I told him that I wanted the gift of shopping...a Nordstrom's gift card (which is all that I have asked for every Christmas and every birthday for the last few years). Well, he got it and I'm SOOOOOO happy!

wedding widget

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine