Show Off Your Bling (Part II)

Online Users: 1,271 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 203

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: Show Off Your Bling (Part II)
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 7:53 AM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

I can't wait until I finally get my ring this Christmas!! :-D Then I can post it on here. All you ladies have beautiful rings!

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

My wedding band wasn't bad. It's a 1/2 cttw. It was $750. They make them in a 1/4 cttw. And to be honest, it was just as beautiful. My e-ring is 3/4 ct. But because of the long shape of the emerald cut, it looks bigger. So you can easily go smaller without looking like it. The e-ring cost $3500. Both are white gold. I don't know how that fits into your budget, but just thought I'd share the info.

Always kiss me goodnight

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 1:18 AM Go to message in response to: summerbridee10

YAY I finally got my bling!!! LOL. Here it is!

CIMG8361edit.jpg picture by Otownsgrl2002

Sharkgirllovesc... Posts : 39 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 3:16 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Yeah, I'm pretty confident that's out of his budget based on his reactions of me pointing out rings that are around $1k. I told him to splurge on the engagement ring because when it comes to the wedding band, it can be just that, a simple silver band. After all, it's really just about the engagement ring and then after that, all that really matters is the rest of your life together =) I'm hopin I'll be getting a ring before this month is out. Wish me luck!

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 8:56 AM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

I love my rings!
In this picture, you can see my husband's wedding band, & my engagement ring & wedding band.

Emy
Just married!
September 27, 2008

Our little Rocky
Born: 10-03-08

Edit Avatar

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: MrsMaldonado

I love my e-ring, and I can't wait to see our wedding bands! We designed them, and ordered them, but they will not be in until February (waaaa).... Of course, we're getting a steal on them, so if the store wants to put the Christmas Rushy stuff in front of our bands that we don't need until September, I am not going to fuss. (It IS hard to be patient.... and we are at W-9months exactly today. Woo hoo!)

Anyway, on to the bling.
This is the necklace I will be wearing for our wedding. It was my Christmas present and FH picked it out without ANY assistance from me. The chain is even the perfect length (I have a small neck, so an 18 inch chain on me is like a 20 inch on a normal person. 16 is 18, 14 is 16.... just so you understand where they hit me on my chest. He got a 17 inch chain. I never personally buy longer than 17, so I am thrilled with the length).... And the chain is also one of the links I like and a good width. I've not gone into all the persnicketies I have about necklaces with him at all... he was having a hard enough time understanding cuts of stones and couldn't keep emerald and princess straight. He knows I do not like Oval. (sorry Heidi. yours is lovely, but it's not my style <G>) I have given him three bits of jewelry information: I like Sapphires and Aquamarines. (He knows I like Blue Stones, but does not know that Topaz does not qualify <G>... I do have jewelry persnicketies. I figure if he buys me Blue Stone Jewelry, he's doing REALLY well.) I do not like Oval Cut Stones (for most of my life, and it is really only recently this has changed, the only cut you'd see Aquamarine in was oval. It got old.) and I like white metals. To me, that's a lot of jewelry information for a guy (not all are great with it. He wants to get me something I will love, but I figure I have to give some too <G>), and if he hits ALL THREE points, he's done really well. I also like delicate jewelry.

So.... do y'all think my FH did well with following my jewelry list for my Christmas present/wedding day necklace?

Pear and round brilliant, natural sapphire, on white gold rope with a smidge of diamond -- and delicate.

Here's my e-ring. It's one of a kind as we designed it ourselves (and the jeweler had a bit of unrequested input to insure the structural integrity of the ring itself. The sapphire was supposed to be bar mounted rather than in the typical princess setting. The band we bought was for that (and we did ask the sales person if that was going to be sturdy enough). The jeweler decided she was wrong and that I'd rather keep my stone than keep it as a bar mount (turns out, he was right <G> I love how it was done).... but because of that, the band that we ordered has been altered slightly, making it unique....and of course the ring has a stone we picked out (from a ring where it was set in silver)... I did not want a diamond.... here is my Bling

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 8:38 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

cat i love the ring and necklace both are gorgeous! very well done by your husband!!!

these are our wedding rings:

IMG_0448.jpg picture by anotherwhisperrush

his band is 14k white gold 8mm, my e-ring is 1.33 carat in 18k white gold and my wedding band is 14k gold 1 carat diamond band

and this is my christmas ring:
IMG_0434-1-1-1.jpg picture by anotherwhisperrush

it's an aquamarine in a pave diamond halo setting 14k white gold

my husband also picked my christmas gift without me knowing! i love it. he did so good on the stone and the setting!

i told him that it is like having a sparkling snowball to wear.

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

LOVELY for both of them. I am a March baby, so I love me some aqua!

Misty

wedding countdown

ThePhotoBride Posts : 48 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 11:06 PM Go to message in response to: Jeter

Yep, we have the same ring! We're ring twins! :) Don't worry, my finger is a 7 1/2, so I needed a "substantial" ring as well.

Don't you love "our" ring??? I admire it constantly, haha.

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 6:56 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

cat you are lucky to have the aqua birthstone! i love light stones and mine is emerald.

princessbride2010 Posts : 58 Registered: 10/20/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: summerbridee10

I've always been a fan of engagement rings that really speak volumes about the wearers personality, and I was adamant that my engagement ring would be something that was different and reflected "me" and "us" as a couple...I totally got what I asked for!!!! **Plus I wanted a ring similar to Princess Diana's and we're both college students and a larger (.5c+) diamond was out of the question.

It's a sapphire in the center surrounded by diamonds and diamonds down the side set in 14k white gold

Newly engaged 10-18-08

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 8:07 PM Go to message in response to: princessbride2010

Hello ladies!!! I love all our rings. I posted on the other thread as well, but I will do this one as well.

This ring was made for me.....just like my FH!

ringsmall.jpg picture by sqeakers26

ever thine          ever mine          ever ours

Check out our site http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Jeter Posts : 17 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 9:11 PM Go to message in response to: ThePhotoBride

I am madly in love with this set! He actually ordered another wedding band to go on the other side. You know... because my fingers need the extra bling - and I just love the symmetry and the DIAMONDS!

I stare at it all day everyday! It's amazing.... I think I've become left handed since I've gotten it too.

If I didn't get this set I would have gotten the same set but with the pear shaped center. Did you see that one too? I have not seen many pear shaped diamonds on this thread or the others.

""Yep, we have the same ring! We're ring twins! :) Don't worry, my finger is a 7 1/2, so I needed a "substantial" ring as well.

Don't you love "our" ring??? I admire it constantly, haha.""

Ashley1804 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/21/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: Jeter

Hello everybody! I just want to say I think every single ring on this thread is so pretty and they are all so unique! My ring is a carat princess cut. This is not my official band. He proposed during my annual birthday party at our favorite restuarant on Decemeber 20th. This year was special because I just graduated from nursing school and it was my birthday so all of my family was there and his immediate family was there. I had picked out my birthday cake the week before but when he sat it down in front of me instead of it being what I picked out it said "Ashley will you marry me" on it. I was completely shocked! So, again this is not my official band because the jeweler did not receive my band in time for when he wanted to propose. Due to the holidays we are having to wait a little longer for it, but I think my diamond is absolutley gorgeous!

My ring, again the band will be different.

This is my cake, this is what he used to surprise me when he proposed. The box in the middle is a jewelry box made out of white chocolate, the ring was inside.

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 11:14 PM Go to message in response to: Ashley1804

That's beautiful and so sweet how he did it!

Misty

wedding countdown

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine