Wedding Slide Show

Online Users: 1,266 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

lookoutthewindow Posts : 32 Registered: 5/22/08
Wedding Slide Show
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 11:18 PM

I have created a slide show for my wedding, and I'm just trying to figure out when would be the best time to show it. I want to do it during the actual ceremony. Is that a bad idea? I think it would have a better effect that way. But I don't know where to put it so that it doesn't take away from the importance of the vows or anything. What are your thoughts? My wedding is in 5 days. Thanks.

Jen

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Re: Wedding Slide Show
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: lookoutthewindow

I think it could be a little distracting to have the slide show going on during the ceremony. If I were a guest, I'd be watching that instead of the vows! That said, is there a way you can project it behind you guys? So people could see you and the show? Or how about during a less eventful time, like cocktail hour?

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 9:26 AM Go to message in response to: lookoutthewindow

We played ours during cocktail hour and during the reception (it was on a continuous loop). People could wander by it and stop and watch it if they wanted to, and then move on.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: lookoutthewindow

I'm planning on having a slideshow during the first dance...that way people can focus on the pictures and not on us since both FH and I don't like a lot of attention LOL.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: lookoutthewindow

We had our slideshow right before the dances during the reception. Why do you want to do yours during the actual ceremony?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

JackieB0129 Posts : 497 Registered: 4/24/07
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 7:27 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I had a friend do her's during the ceremony. They did it just after the opening prayer. She put one of their favorite songs to it and it really fit in well. I would suggest doing it when there isn't any planned speaking going on (Maybe when you light the unity candle if that's something you plan on doing).

Jackie B!

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

luckymebride Posts : 125 Registered: 12/7/08
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 8:41 PM Go to message in response to: lookoutthewindow

My FH and I are planning on having a wedding slide show too and we are thinking to have it right after cocktail hour , right before food serves. I feel that will give our guest sort of like an ice breaker and present a little stories telling while waiting for food. Silde show during ceremony sounds a little distracting to me but I know if you plan it well, it can be beautiful! :) Good Luck!

TheNextMrsDunn Posts : 19 Registered: 12/4/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 8:15 AM Go to message in response to: lookoutthewindow

My FH and I are having a slide show during the ceremony as well. We are having it start as soon as we walk up to light our unity candle. My cousin is going to be singing and we are going to have that play behind us. Just a suggestion! Best wishes for a beautiful wedding. I'm sure whatever you decide, it will be great! =)
Daisypath Wedding Ticker

lookoutthewindow Posts : 32 Registered: 5/22/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

Thanks for all your responses. It's nice to know I'm not the only one doing it during the actual ceremony. I'm not planning on having any other part of the ceremony going on during the slide show. It's going to be right toward the beginning, and we will all watch and enjoy it. I hope it won't be weird, but I think people will like it.

Again, thanks for your responses.

BTW, part of the reason we are doing it during the ceremony is because the church has a great projector screen already set up. I don't know what we would do if we had it at the hall.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine