Living together?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Re: Living together?
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: XtraOrdinaryGurl

I know what you mean, I miss the beginning sometimes too. For about the first 6 months I was living with him we could not keep our hands off of each other for more than 6 hours I think. lol Now that we're more settled in and daily life can't be put on hold anymore, we're faced with "settling in" so to speak. But I like that the relationship has progressed to the next stage too, it means we're comfortable with each other (thougH I still wish we coudl go back to the pre-fart period. lol). :)

IMG_7875.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

XtraOrdinaryGurl Posts : 16 Registered: 12/23/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Yea, I wish we could go back to the pre-farting stage too lol

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Every morning I still wake up and the first thing I want to do is to see your face.-- Gerry to Holly, PS I Love You

So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day.-- Noah to Allie, The Notebook

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 6:42 PM Go to message in response to: XtraOrdinaryGurl

Me three!! LOL my DH wears a CPAP machine to bed, therefore he swallows a LOT of air, that HAS to come out! And he wonders why he wakes up to the air freshener can nearly up his butt! LOL

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

LOL Care! I'll count myself lucky then. LOL

IMG_7875.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: XtraOrdinaryGurl

Well, I'm the old lady here, and have been married (for the second time) for 33 years. So, my experience says to me that people are who they are. My Ex-husband (after the teenage romantic period) did not make anything out of birthdays or anniversaries. I hated that, even though I talked myself into thinking that it didn't matter. It's certainly not the money--a single flower doesn't cost much. It's the fact that your man puts in some thought and caring and that he caters to your feelings.

My DH, on the other hand, is very romantic. He's not a big "words" person, but every action and gesture attests to his feelings. Birthdays and anniversaries are big deals. Flowers "for nothing" are a frequent occurence. Winter holidays and Valentine's day--not so much, because neither of us really care. This season is much more about our kids than it is about each other. Mother's Day is a bit painful for him, because his own mother died on Mother's Day. But, still, he makes it special for me. And, I do the same for him--make a big deal out of birthdays, especially "big" birthdays. Every years, he gets the custom-cooked menu of his choice. He gets little gifts, cards, cartoons, etc. from me--just because I know he'll love them, not because there's an occasion.

As with all other things, a couple needs to be in sync. If certain things are not important to both of you (as, say Valentine's day is not important to us), then, no big deal--ignore it. But, if one of you wants and needs nurturing and romantic gestures, and the other doesn't, maybe you are not with the right person. I don't think living together or not has anything to do with it.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: myra

Awww Myra, that was such a sweet post, it almost had me in tears! It seems like you guys have a wonderful marriage, I wish nothing but the best for the both of you!

preview image

dannysbabydoll Posts : 28 Registered: 1/7/09
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: XtraOrdinaryGurl

I ahve been living with my boyfriend turned fiance for 2 years. He wants more now than he ever has before.

PandaDumpling Posts : 4 Registered: 1/11/09
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: XtraOrdinaryGurl

I live with my honey for about 3 months now. the only difference i have seen in him is that he has gotten more mature. we have had really bad luck with cars so he can't take me places anymore and he works 10 hours a day for 4/7 a week, but he is still romantic.

He watches movies with me, we snuggle at night. sleeping beside him with his arms around and being comfortable is romantic to me. walking around without a shirt on and randomly giving me a massage when i'm on the computer, so amazing!

For anniversaries and special occasions he brings me chocolate and picks a surprise movie and even if it's a movie i've seen a thousand times he makes it even more special by putting in his own input and loving me during.

Romance is a two way street, give him a clue. Plan whatever you would like him to do for you and at the end say, "wasn't that fun? that's what i mean when i say 'plan something special'."

he needs an example.
Dumpling and Panda.

Anjelbabe Posts : 55 Registered: 1/10/09
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 2:29 AM Go to message in response to: XtraOrdinaryGurl

Xtra ~ Sorry I live with My love and have since my birthday last year. I don't like V-day as I find it just another Halmark Holiday. I Told him if he was to get me something I would be upset and I would. Las year I as in Vegas ( where I'm from ) and he was in WA ( where we live now) and I am glad that he did not try to make it up to me. He surprizes me with things every now and again ( I love shoes and pearces and well as Disney movies) he will come home from work with an New Disney move for me and chines food un expected and we will watch the movie while cuddeling on the coutch. I'm a verry touch personm and If I'm not feeling that I am getting enough attention I let it be known. That comersial where the girl is saying " touch touch touch" then " feel" I tell him maybe you should touch or feel me a little more. and he does.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine